We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ideas and concerns for the council

I have created this thread for the anyone to list their ideas and concerns. I have also created the following email address if you would rather share that way. mithallcouncilrep@cox.net

-Mithall

PS I will check this once a day, just because i am not replying does not mean I'm not keeping an eye on it
    Last edited by MitchTheReap; May 06 2013 at 07:56 PM.

Players of all MMORPG's continue to clear every raid content that has a Test Server (Bullroamer for Lotro). Do away with the test runs that bring the raids to a stand still when new updates become live and the new content is already on farm.
    Take away the public website sharing in tactics of how to kill a raid encounter exceptions are kinship shared information in game. If you want me to reply to more details, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MMK View Post
    Take away the public website sharing in tactics of how to kill a raid encounter exceptions are kinship shared information in game. If you want me to reply to more details, no problem.
    What do you mean by this? Contacting third parties is a lost cause.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000005f78b/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner

Raids

That's all there is to it... More raids(That aren't impossible unless you are a pay-2-win.)
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Give pvp some love pls turbean

Just wanted to say please be detailed in your posts. Not slamming anyone just the more detailed the better Keep your ideas coming!!
    Mithall, LoreMaster (some blah blah alts too)

A new PvP area would be nice..... We've had the same Ettenmoors map (give or take a few changes over the years) since probably the beginning of the game (At least since I started in 65 cap). I'm sure a lot of PvPers would like that as well.
    [Jonp - Rank 11 Hunter] [Garaluk - Rank 9 Reaver]

Ya, I think the raiding process is ridiculous.. Tbh, they need to find another way to test raids without so much player involvement. Whats to keep people from pretty much staying in bullroarer? you can pvp there, run raids there... by the time it hits live everyone knows how to beat it, because of youtube BR videos. No fun there. Tired of all the farming..

Also, please stress this, its too easy for anybody to get the top gear. Most of it is luck based, aka horse lord recipes, which is just stupid. Nobody wants to spend a year in a crafting instance praying for the recipe to drop.. Also, i believe top tier raids need to drop the best jewels and gear. as of right now u can get most of the best gear simply by farming simple instances that take within 10.min to run. Why spend hours raiding when its not even the best gear? No reward there... So no point honestly. Difficulty is great, I love it, but the reward... No. waste of time..

Dont even get me started on pvp, its a lost cause. Though, they gotta find a way, hopefully the council does, to make it more even.. right now its just ridiculous. Nerf Waterlore!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000039335/signature.png]Atador[/charsig]

Proud member of Ainur, Best kin on Dwarro always.

Gutzag22 Gets it, but i will post soon in details soon. =) promise

Okies back to finish this .....with more Details =)

Raids were and are puzzles on a large scale that bring more then one group of players together. Can you guess why i label the raid as a puzzle? Answer : how to take down the raid encounter there within that instance/zone.

The above has been deleted by the modern raider type player who looks at a raid as a tool to get better gear.

Raid becomes a Farming Event and the lore of the content (raid) is ignored

Raids in the future as the mmo's allow the test servers to continue to take away that puzzle content part of the raid, youtube, raid guides,etc,etc. raiders will use the kinships/guilds as tools to get gear and become bored.

My Suggestion is this in more detail.....Close off the exploit of allowing those raid guides,youtube videos, and test servers and let each kinship explore how to best down the raid encounter for themselfs, and if this allowed. Raids in the future will become secertive, players,raiders,kinships will not want other players or kinships to know how to take down a boss. The gear becomes a valuble item. And Raids once again will become a puzzle to all of us again =) and yes some kinships may be able to figure these things out on the test servers but why take away those players on a live active world to a non live active world?

NOTE: Some kinships/guilds have been known to have tactics councils, logistic teams to have raid strat forums and more but none that i know of - just hand out the layout on how to kill any raid encounter, that would give anyone,everyone the same gear, vender items your kinship who figured out how to take that raid encounter down.

ON another mmo - there was open zone raid encounters, the players did not complain to the devs. to fix or change it, the players on the server banded together as adults and made a website that has a rotation calender that kinships/guilds can apply and pick thier raid targets insted of FCFS (first come first serve). All raid content on lotro on farm status: you answer that.

All raid content on Everquest on farm: Not even close, but everquest still has 54man raids that are filled 6 days a week and at least 15 more raiders on the waiting list per night. Is lotro pro at raiding? 12mans are not even close lol - ok theres my rant at the end -

Quote Originally Posted by MMK View Post
    Close off the exploit of allowing those raid guides,youtube videos, and test servers and let each kinship explore how to best down the raid encounter for themselfs, and if this allowed.
    As much as I agree with what you're saying, it won't happen. Turbine cannot do that, and they will not do that. And even if Turbine could do such things as forbid people from posting Youtube vids of raids, it won't happen. I agree with it, but there would be way too many QQers on the forums. All the 12 year olds who play this game will start complaining that it's "too hard for them".
    [Jonp - Rank 11 Hunter] [Garaluk - Rank 9 Reaver]

Guitarguy lol I strongly agree with you friend but the younger players are not the **head of household***

And i'm not sure about this but i do think that the source of the tactics to down the raid encounters are handed to the players from that test server. Tactics are too exact to be from a old school raid leader, been in the 9th ranking guild world wide and we still wiped to learn the fight for entire nights. In proseptive on our server that guild i was in for 2 years was ranked #1 in progression in raid content for 7 years. The 2nd ranked guild stayed on our arses thru each new content launched by just 6 bosses behind us lol. No..............Players/Kinship leaders/Raid leaders have to want this. Read this post.

I agree with a lot of what's already said - improve loot and raids.

Specifically, I hope to bring back the good ole days at 65, where there were numerous difficult at-level raids like VM/BG/OD, each with their own top tier loot. With loot comes the incentives. Maybe make the end-game raid not farmable but back to the 1-week-locks. Honestly doing 65 OD once a week gets people a ton more motivated than farming BfE/FoS/Flight for a few weeks and then basically halting. Also, make a clear distinction between endgame raid loot and farm loot. Like maybe make all that 85 gold items down to 'teal' quality, and make t2cm endgame raids the 'gold' quality. You don't have to make the class items garbage, but like how they had it for 65 when IoF/HoN came out - 'ring of the brawler' and etc were still OP as anything, but they were purple while the raids had the real good stuff. I totally agree with you Ata, but please please please make t2 give both symbols and gear that cannot be found in t1. Even at the current state, t1 gets you all the gear and access to skirm camp FAs, and basic raid armor, while t2 gets you the ever so slight increase of an uncommon FA drop and access to improved raid armor. Not to mention t2cm gives only access to improved rates which can be accomplished by farming t2 more.

Also, with all this incessant farming of specific or even any instances, maybe tone it down a bit as far as the rarity and the farming. We have so many scaled instances, a 'fair' option in my opinion is instead of biweekly locks for 3/6mans, make it daily locks with a higher probability (maybe even the option of bringing back the 'guaranteed' teal drop). At least for me, the whole focus on the mindless grind is what made me go from playing lotro with my freetime to playing singleplayer console games instead. It's hard for kins to organize a schedule for a 'desired raid' if there isn't much reason for people to wanna do it anyway.

Another point, but it seems to be quite the rush in level caps recently, such that every expansion adds another 10 levels. Sure, with all the quests, it seems kinda blah to say hit 80 and cap when you're not even halfway thru rohan. But the downside is it makes all the other instances/raids obsolete unless if they're scaled which doesn't feel the same. Also, please make scaled raids still give decent loot, but still somewhat inferior to endgame raids. Like take hele/OD/BG - have the first few scaled bosses give lower-end teals, final bosses give higher-end teals, but endgame raids are where the top stuff is at.
    Last edited by Trogdor_the_Burninator; May 06 2013 at 06:48 PM.

Just jumped on to say thanks to all of you that have responded.

Arrow

How about not releasing new content that is broke that in turn, some how some way, breaks old stuff that wasn't broke to begin with. I don't mind waiting a year or so between content if what is going to come out is completely functional...but I guess if they release content that is working correctly, they wouldn't have a need for customer service...Which reminds me, please improve the attitudes of the people who work in customer service and give them a more detailed excuse other than "It's just our policy".
    RAWR!!!

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000000feb0f/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Oh, just thought of a possible solution to the endless t1 6-man grinds. What if instead of golds being a rare drop that is set for a certain instance (like hat from this one, boots from that one, etc), change it instead to a rare barter item to allow people to not have say 3 of one gold item while others have none. Then, you could have said rare gold-barter item drop either solely in the newest raids, or at least a VERY substantial increase in drop rate compared to the other instances. Cuz 6-mans have the best loot with both their own teals, significant seal drops, and their own golds. That has to be changed. I'm thinking leave 6-mans as the place to farm seals (it always was for stms, sfms, etc), and their own teals. But at least give the golds back to the raids as with the filikul FAs, draigoch cloaks, and clasp necklaces. Golds don't belong in mindless 3/6-man farms :/

Give us raid locks again for new raids.

Reset day was the happiest day on lotro for a large portion of us, learning the best way to beat a (actually challenging raid with good mechanics) week by week was the best thing I've experienced in LOTRO end game. Being able to do 5 of the new raids before my warding scroll wears off is a real buzz kill for motivation to even get gear.

OD was spot on.
    ToO was magnificent.
    bfe/flight/smaug are horrifying.

I really don't want to swap MMOs but if they keep taking things in the RoR Mounted Combat direction I just might.

AND STOP TRYING TO 'FIX' GUARD DPS. First we had mass power problems while trying to DPS, now we have less mits than some light armor classes while trying to pvp, it's as if you're trying to run that class into extinction.
    Herat - Warleader
    Warz - Captain
    He - Guardian

Bring back raid locks, it helps end bfe raid farms.Thursday resets had so many people logging in each week for that one chance to maybe win a cloak,clasp,FA or that shiny challenge chest gear. With this, bring back rolling. Remote looting sucks. Ive had practically afk people or that guy who wasted all our rezzes win the best loots. Plus rolling was FUN.Pugging that lightning run with He and rolling for useless teals....i had more fun in that ONE raid than all the erebor raids ive ever ran. Guess we will still have skraids to roll againts each other at (%. Wait no, theyll forget about Durchest farms and remote loot/no locks skraids too.

Bring back trash pulls. ToO trash was harder to pug than the bosses.GL pugging t2 shadow trash at 85 in under 2 hours. Or acid.

Bring back exclusive tier loots. If you dont wanna bother getting the best gear,then I guess you have no business having the best gear. You dont need full golds to farm sambrog. These days, the casual player has more gear than the hardcore raiders at 75. Back when you had to beat t2c content for the best gear, not killing warg riders outside Forlaw. There are better single player games out there if thats what you are into.

I hope this thing where you nerf puddles in Flight does not become a regular thing. Why ddnt you nerf saruman phases ? Or perhaps thorog pots?

Its fun watching casual players(with basic sense and awareness) find current content to be trivial content. Soon lvl 10s will find Helms Deep hard, guess theyll nerf that too.
    Last edited by Patriotp3a; Jul 14 2013 at 03:21 PM.
    Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.
    From Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone | Asylum | No-QQ

For the love of god..take out chain stunning from the moors. Its truly ridiculous how I can be stunned over and over again...which basically makes my creep worthless since im a wl and have the duty of healing. Burgs already have massive dps weather they know it or not and have many other tricks up their sleeves..chain stunning shouldn't be one of them..at least not in the moors.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000124716/signature.png]Fantleader[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Fantos View Post
    For the love of god..take out chain stunning from the moors. Its truly ridiculous how I can be stunned over and over again...which basically makes my creep worthless since im a wl and have the duty of healing. Burgs already have massive dps weather they know it or not and have many other tricks up their sleeves..chain stunning shouldn't be one of them..at least not in the moors.
    Whats wrong with gambler burgs having set bonuses reduced active cds for trick removals like glee and twist? Lolol.
    Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.
    From Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone | Asylum | No-QQ

PVE Suggestion:

Make the regular PVE areas actually more difficult. Not impossible to solo, but to where you actually have to think. On level signatures should be hard to solo not yawn to solo. Elites should be very hard, and master elites and higher you should need help with regardless of class.

PVMP suggestions:

Remove ALL NPCs from the moors except for the ones guarding the OPS and the BOSS rooms in the various Keeps/OR/etc.
    Make it to where you have to defend those places.

Remove autoflipping.

Remove horses from moors and march. Give Freeps ability to acquire Maps.

Random respawn locations because I got rid of the One shotters + or - 100 M from current revive points.

When leaving Grams/GV from either door. Give a location of 5 spots each that you can port to. Again have it + - 100M as to where you actually show up.

Give us back destiny points for VIPS in moors. We were basically assured that the perks that we could get with Comms would be equiv to what we can get with DP and it isn't even close.

Scale the purple jewelry in the moors to 85.

Make the cloaks in the moors for each rank for each base stat, not this odd way cloaks are now.

Rank gate all gear in the Moors.

Rank gate all audacity on creepside.

Increase damage on low rank creeps slightly. Not much as we have now rank gated audacity for both freep and creep side. No audacity gear/points until you hit R5. That is when you should be able to purchase your first audacity/gear.

Remove delving Buffs for renown gain.

Make entrance to delving based on Keep control again.

Drop special gear/brands for both sides in delving.

Make it to where you can't roll a creep unless you have a lvl 50 or perhaps even 80 freep. This helps with people that have a problem with the farming that does occur across servers. Of course any current creeps created would be exempt.

Give creeps gear in addition to corruptions. Increase Morale/DMG/etc.

Make commendations per toon.

Raids:

Simply have actual raids. A boss fight is not a raid. Use Rift as your guide to making an actual raid.

Put unique items in the raid. No need to have bind on acquire, just make it to where you would have to have completed the raid on level at the difficulty setting in order to equip. Unique as in OP compared to what you can get from non raids. Only have them drop on T2 or T2C, and only one per character make it a 1/1000 roll that one of these items will even drop.
    [img]http://www.piviksnetwork.com/images/sig-lotro.jpg[/img]
    I never hurt no Creeps.

bring back the old delving with stones
    give creeps LI's that drop from the delving mobs/bosses
    use stones to upgrade said LIs
    maybe have some setting drop off the bosses aswell?
    stones could be used on freepside as an alternative to barter for gear and accsesories or be bartered into just commendations or stronger pots?

i sorta just want a reason for people to be in the delving longer than the 20 minutes it takes to zerg down all the bosses.
    crygin-R11 Warleader, dwarrowdelf

Haven't posted for a while in here but just wanted you guys to know I have been keeping an eye on this. Wanted to say thanks to all who have posted their ideas here, it's appreciated and keep them coming

Just my two cents: Have better debuff cleansing on creepside. Freeps can cure their debuffs fairly fast and effectivly, while creeps only have pots. With the cleansing have it specific to each class like freepside does. Perhaps WarLeaders can cure fears, spiders wounds, wargs diseases, BAs poison, and defilers can have a skill similar to RKs and minis to cure every type (just one of each) in a certain radius on a 25-30s CD. Also maybe take away/lower the mastery bonus from OPs. Since this is PvMP it should not have to be at times hours of lets flip OPs. I also endorse having commadations per character instead of per account.

*edit* I think as well the majority of people would agree to having farming ranks/comms a ban able offense
    Ssupermann: I hate minis, they have satellite lazers

Give warleaders a stun immunity skill that lasts like 25-30s or just take out chain stunning from the moors. Also i dont know if its a bug or just skill lag but the get a grip heal really sucks...always goes off before I die but doesn't heal me and then im stuck with the CD...

For hunters i think since the bubble given from cry of the hunter is so little and is basically worthless..we should get immunity from all CC and a speed boost that actually works for as long as the bubble is up...or just take away all that and give us a 4k bubble.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000124716/signature.png]Fantleader[/charsig]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast