We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Freep going creepside - what class?

Hei creepies,
    I don't know yet whether i really wanna play a creep, but i spent a lot of time in the moors on freepside recently and was thinking of making a creep just to see how it is like 'on the other side'.
    I'm a rank 8 rk and i can kill all creeps solo except 2-3 high-rank-reavers on my server (but working on it...). That's why I'm tempted to look at a reaver but i don't wanna make a class of which there is plenty already (and all my creepfriends are reavers also).
    But how are you guys soloing then? Or not soloing at all? Cause even high rank wargs seem to be only able to kill hunters when they're solo. I'm asking that cause i'm an european player on an american server, therefore sometimes there are not much creeps on at all when i'm in the moors (so i guess a defiler wouldn't work for me f.e.)
    A spider seems interesting but I heard it's also the most complex creep class. Does it take as much effort as with a normal char/freep to learn and master all your skills on creepside?
    Is there any specific class you'd recommend for a creep newbie?

I would in all honesty recommend a BA if you like the RK play-style as its honestly the closest equivalent when it comes to bottom heavy burst down damage.

Problem is though, as it is with all creep classes, is you wont be much use till you gain sufficient ranks in order to acquire certain skills; or until you buy skills from the store.

Getting used to the 40m range will be new aswell.

And as usual, expect to die horribly and often.
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

Quote Originally Posted by lasx View Post
    Hei creepies,
    <snip>
    Is there any specific class you'd recommend for a creep newbie?
    Warg. Because everything goes better with Wargs.

What we trade out in a lack of oppose-able digits, we easily make up for in our luxurious fur coats.

Though, be forewarned, our fur coats are highly flammable and Freeps just -love- to set us on fire.
    Hobbits . . .
    Now them's good eatin'!

Quote Originally Posted by l4j View Post
    Warg. Because everything goes better with Wargs.

What we trade out in a lack of oppose-able digits, we easily make up for in our luxurious fur coats.

Though, be forewarned, our fur coats are highly flammable and Freeps just -love- to set us on fire.
    haha!
    i'd like to have one just cuz they're so damn cuuuute
    i <3 it how it looks like when they jump around!

and yeah, another friend told me i should try a ba, but why rather ba than spider? its easier i guess, right?

I've never played a BA, but from past experience and when helping others I know the Weaver is a fairly hard class to actually get into. Weavers generally aren't wanted in raids, or in number anyway, but BAs are with hinder, burst DPS and what not.

Between Weaver and Warg, Warg is the better starter class. They get stealth at r0 and can move in said stealth. Weavers don't get their immobile stealth skill until r6, or if you buy it from the store early.
    Bregnagra - Ashkoz - Kulurien ~ Formerly of Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by lasx View Post
    haha!
    i'd like to have one just cuz they're so damn cuuuute
    i <3 it how it looks like when they jump around!

and yeah, another friend told me i should try a ba, but why rather ba than spider? its easier i guess, right?
    Can't go wrong with Warg!

As for BA vs Weaver, the spiders are more stable, what with 8 legs and all, and have great 360 degree vision, with all the eyes, but BA's do have thumbs.
    Hobbits . . .
    Now them's good eatin'!

I'd say roll a filer and actually heal, rather than heal tag. Creepside needs filers more than ever. Plus, I think it's time the freeps cry about fighting in twenty-four enhanced blight puddles, whereas before they screamed about twenty-four flies.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000005f78b/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Just wanted to thank you guys for the advice, my BA is rank 6 now and loves his new stances! Creepside on my server is clearly more challenging than freepside as we have a lot more active high rank freeps.
    I also made a spider, but she's gotta wait a bit

Quote Originally Posted by l4j View Post
    Can't go wrong with Warg!
    Wargs are garbage. Play something with some gumption like a warleader or a reaver.
    What is it? What do you smell?

Rank a defiler and blight blight blight.
    Rank 15 Blackarrow HinderSpam
    55,000 Killing Blows and Counting

Go BA!

Find the BA play style to suit solo and group play both really well. Lots of high burst damage, and pretty good survivability make it my favourite creep class after trying a few.

As with any creep class, be prepared to be very frustrated until you hit r5.....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321301000015ed8e/signature.png]Shumzuda[/charsig]