We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Need advice on Major legacy on a 1st age 2H.

Hey everyone, I recently made my 1st Age 2H hammer and while sorting legacies I came across a problem that I couldn’t ask any other captain. That problem is as follows

On my 2H weapon I have 3 major legacies;
    Telling Mark Damage
    Dev blow critical rating
    Pressing attack Critical rating

I like the second two as my main orientation is to make the weapon a largely DPS weapon however I’m stuck on the question of whether to take Telling Mark damage or Kick cool down reduction.

My kinnies looked at me in a no-brainer type way, more incoming damage on a DPS Legendary item is a must but thinking when it comes to Moors and PVE raids, surely the Kick cool down interrupt is certainly handy? I also added to the fact that in PVE raids, you most likely have another captain who has telling mark incoming damage and hence forth you can delegate the telling mark to him while you take revealing.

So give your opinions please, I’ll post an image of the weapon later too. I don’t mind changing it to your opinion. Thanks!

(Also, I know as a Captain using a 2H Hammer as a DPS weapon when Halberd and Sword have much favourable stats but I really don't like the look of them and the stat for me isn't something i'll loose sleep over)
    Last edited by Kheldaran; Apr 29 2013 at 08:35 AM.

Interrupting in moors is pointless, since they can just do the induction again. Also the best you can get on kick is 30s cooldown, which is still realy &&&&.

I would suggest you put the kick cooldown legacy on a buff stick and swap to that when you want to do interrupts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jousimies View Post
    Interrupting in moors is pointless, since they can just do the induction again. Also the best you can get on kick is 30s cooldown, which is still realy &&&&.
    I'd like to add that interrupting, as a captain, in PVE raid is pointless too, since we have champs/burgs for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nydhogg View Post
    I'd like to add that interrupting, as a captain, in PVE raid is pointless too, since we have champs/burgs for that.
    Yeah and healers can heal, and tanks can tank... I wouldn't suggest ignoring one of our abilities just because someone else can do it a little better. Most of the worst inductions in the game don't happen more often than 30s, so in spite of 'kick' being an absolutely terrible interrupt, it's still sufficient to get consistent interrupts off.

My suggestion is run SG, don't interrupt anything. See how often you get punted by LM's and Gorothul. In theory... you could've prevented all of those.

Anyway: I have a 1h and a 2h. The 2h is for serious dps and the 1h is for healing or tanking... I put kick cooldown on the 1h.

If you want kick cooldown, drop the crit rating legacy on pressing attack. The first attack on PA apparently can't crit, and if there are multiple mobs around to use PA on then you have double the chance of crit'ing anyway... Do not drop telling mark damage.

Also OP... Well done making a hammer, I have one myself, and it looks way cooler than a halberd.

Quote Originally Posted by DuneBug View Post
    Also OP... Well done making a hammer, I have one myself, and it looks way cooler than a halberd.
    Quoted from another great hammer wielding Captain! Heck my name (Tormjolnir) was inspired from the most awesome war hammer ever! Why in this day and age there are damage bonuses for weapon types over others is beyond me. Either make all weapons the same base damage or give me a slayer deed or something to give me 2% to great hammers. It's a shame to, because whoever designs the great hammers/hammers in this game should be given an art award. The great hammers and 1h hammers are the best looking weapons in the whole game!

For the OP forget the kick cool down legacy. It's not that is horrible, but more there are much better legacies to pick. Even if you get a remembrance crystal and add a 4th legacy I still wouldn't suggest using kick cool down. Add to arms duration alongside telling mark damage, pressing attack max targets and either pressing attack crit or devastating blow crit. As has been mentioned you can always add the kick cool down on a swap weapon if you find you really do need it.

Cheers,
    Jeremy
    Last edited by BigBack; Apr 29 2013 at 01:07 PM.

Not sure how to add Images but here's the link for my 1st ager.

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/9...shot00030u.jpg

Obviously no point's are spent/relic's added/Crystals (both lit and remembrance) at this moment. Want to Iron out the legacies first.

Feel free to suggest

Quote Originally Posted by Kheldaran View Post
    Hey everyone, I recently made my 1st Age 2H hammer and while sorting legacies I came across a problem that I couldn’t ask any other captain. That problem is as follows

Telling Mark Damage
    Dev blow critical rating

I like the second two as my main orientation is to make the weapon a largely DPS weapon however I’m stuck on the question of whether to take Telling Mark damage or Kick cool down reduction.

My kinnies looked at me in a no-brainer type way, more incoming damage on a DPS Legendary item is a must but thinking when it comes to Moors and PVE raids, surely the Kick cool down interrupt is certainly handy? I also added to the fact that in PVE raids, you most likely have another captain who has telling mark incoming damage and hence forth you can delegate the telling mark to him while you take revealing.
    Since you have resources for a first age, why not add a crystal and get a 4th major? That said, kick seems like a weak option in a main weapon to me. It is pretty rare in any grouped situation that i'm anything other than an emergency back up interrupt, which the 1 minute cooldown works for just fine. But adding in PA targets is a huge win in moors and in many raiding situations (e.g. flight mob swarm)...

INot having telling is fine if you normally will have another captain and they won't make the same choice, as long as you do have a backup plan as the telling mark swamps any personal DPS you can add...

Quote Originally Posted by Kheldaran View Post

Telling Mark Damage
    Dev blow critical rating

So give your opinions please, I’ll post an image of the weapon later too. I don’t mind changing it to your opinion. Thanks!

(Also, I know as a Captain using a 2H Hammer as a DPS weapon when Halberd and Sword have much favourable stats but I really don't like the look of them and the stat for me isn't something i'll loose sleep over)
    I would definitely get the Pressing Attack Max Target legacy on your weapon. It's our most powerful weapon legacy in my opinion.

Far as rather to choose between Telling Mark and Kick legacies - generally I find Telling Mark to be more useful, though there are situations where the kick legacy can be very helpful too. So I wouldn't consider either to be a bad choice.