We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Player Council and our representative

so i have made no effort in concealing my skepticism about the legitimacy of the Player council and how effective it will be in rendering decisions and my suspicion that the hand-picked players are all Lotro fan bois (and just to be clear, i did not apply)

but now that the forum names are out...
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...Player-Council

im curious who will be "representing" Hunters... because I am not seeing any prominent forum names (that i have seen here, in my memory) pop out at me.

who are the hunter representatives? and the bigger question remains: are they PVE carebear fan bois or are at least a few of them PVMP hunters who know what its like to have a shadow warg chain crit 1k on them?

or should i be asking if we even have a rep at all? i would not be surprised.

sorry if i sound sour but i cant stand waiting till next fall to *hopefully* get my class back. I also don't like the council in general because it seems to have superseded and gotten higher priority over forum feedback and ideas. IMO we the community should be getting to feedback on ideas.... not the same type of people that tested the last few xpacs in Alpha and supposedly gave 2 thumbs up to things like split shot and hunters art.

The vast majority of the player council appear to be no-namers, soloers, and non-raiders, so I doubt we'll be represented as much.

Forecast: More hard times ahead.

Re: Player Council and our representative

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Meneldor

• Kickman USA
    Just because I'm a hunter on Meneldor too, I know Kickman is a hunter.

I'm not quite sure how much he will advocate for the hunters, but I do know he set up a player meet in Florida.

Hope this helps,
    Iberg, hunter
    Missxu

I'm really confused about what setting up a player meet has to do with anything????

I have a hunter that I on occation raid on. Listed as Evernight, Gwairin. I chose my hunter as my main char since old warg is more or less retired. Having tried hunter from both sides, as the hunter and as the one trying to kill the hunter, I guess I could at least try to help with suggestions if I get the chance.

Edit: I can't change my sig as I get stuck and logged out of forums when I try :/ might add though that my hunter is not lvl 65 as my sig would suggest :P
    Duskdancer, warg: If found please return to Gwairin, lvl 85 hunter in Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    The following individuals have been selected to participate in the LOTRO Player Council program. They represent many play styles, countries, and walks of life. We look forward to hearing their feedback and suggestions.

Elendilmir

• Yicky USA
    • Maxal Wayfairer USA

I know Maxal of Elendilmir, and although his guard was the name selected he regularly rolls a hunter. While I grouped with him often I had the opportunity to tank for his hunter numerous times. He is a very knowledgeable player on all of his alts and will represent the player base very well. I can't speak for the rest of the council members but I do know he understands the class and the shortcomings it faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajil View Post
    The vast majority of the player council appear to be no-namers, soloers, and non-raiders, so I doubt we'll be represented as much.

Forecast: More hard times ahead.
    So you can say with certainty that you know all 70 of these players and regularly play on each and every server with them? If that is not the case then I believe you are making an incorrect generalization. You can not attest to the alts these people have, their play styles or their accomplishments in all the years they have been playing. I'm sure you took the time to look up every single player, checked their kin website and looked for raid progressions? Many of these players may not be on the biggest or best raiding kins but that is not necessary to represent a large population. I would suggest in the future you keep your ill-informed generalizations to yourself. The council is 70 different players, all with different play styles and personal responsibilities outside of LOTRO that may keep them from being on the most "hardcore raiding kins" but that by no means indicates their level of knowledge or experience. I can't make such generalizations as you have, but I know from playing on elendilmir, which is host to some of the best raiding kins in LOTRO, that some of the best players are NOT in the best raiding kins. Many of us are more than capable of being in a raiding kin, but choose not to due to schedule conflicts or RL responsibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronIU View Post
    So you can say with certainty that you know all 70 of these players and regularly play on each and every server with them? If that is not the case then I believe you are making an incorrect generalization. You can not attest to the alts these people have, their play styles or their accomplishments in all the years they have been playing. I'm sure you took the time to look up every single player, checked their kin website and looked for raid progressions? Many of these players may not be on the biggest or best raiding kins but that is not necessary to represent a large population. I would suggest in the future you keep your ill-informed generalizations to yourself. The council is 70 different players, all with different play styles and personal responsibilities outside of LOTRO that may keep them from being on the most "hardcore raiding kins" but that by no means indicates their level of knowledge or experience. I can't make such generalizations as you have, but I know from playing on elendilmir, which is host to some of the best raiding kins in LOTRO, that some of the best players are NOT in the best raiding kins. Many of us are more than capable of being in a raiding kin, but choose not to due to schedule conflicts or RL responsibilities.
    The dissatisfied replies by players from reputable kins on various servers speak for themselves.

Regardless of what kin they're in or not, you need a group of 12 people that are skilled to raid and to understand the more advanced mechanics of the game fully. 'Choosing not to be in a raiding kin' means you can't represent that which you don't do. Of course, to Turbine it's all about the casual, spend their money for a month or on F2P all at once, never come back again or tell a friend type of player. It's clear they're shifting their attention to the short-term player and trying to be attractive to a wider audience than they used to, which leaves people with long-term investments in the game shortchanged for entertainment because there's no endgame anymore. So, casual is what Turbine wanted the most of and that's what they took.