We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

what is wrong with people on this server?

I'm tired of hearing when the map goes blue or all the op's are blue, that the creeps cant fight. I'm sorry but that has nothing to do with their skill I cant beat anything over a rank 3 and I'm fully geared (I hear this from a lot of people) weather we have the stupid op's or not. And why is I get blamed when the out posts go blue? Oh yea its the people that flip back and forth that are complaining. I have news for you ratings and rank mean nothing. I'm tired of hearing when some new person to the moors take an out post or interrupt a 1v1. People are not mind readers, please announce in OOC that you are doing a 1v1 an where. And for all the supposed people who are losing respect for me I do not care. MeM will continue to flip the map blue, take all the op's, gank who ever we can. We pay for this game just like you do. So if MeM happen upon a 1v1 and it has not been announced MEM will kill the creep. And what are you going to do about this? Kill our toons over and over? So what it's not stopped us before and will not stop us tomorrow. Until it is truly equal mits wise in the moors, I will gank and run. So watch out MeM is out in the moors.

Everything depends on numbers and the content of the numbers really.
    *edit* freeps often do exactly same things, nothing new about it being nothing new.

Meh, I tried for months to try and keep fights equal and fun in the moors. It doesn't happen becuase the majority of people in the moors don't want the fights equal. They want to have 200% ren/inf buff, all 4 OPs, 4:1 odds to faceroll against.

The biggest problem with Crickhollow isn't the choices the devs have been making lately. Its the poor attitude of the people out there.

I've been in many groups where people have said "Who cares if we have all the OPs they did for the last 6 hours, lets pay them back"! With a big raucous of yeah show them, its payback time and other nonsense. The funny thing is, you aren't getting your revenge on the creeps/freeps that have been zerging for hours, those guys either logged or flipped to the other side when the fighting stopped. You are punishing the people that are staying out there and trying to be competitive.

I've given up trying to "teach" people in the moors Crickhollows ettiquette, just like I was shown a couple years ago when I started. Nobody cares about how Crick used to be, they only care about seeing their rank rise by any means necessary. Who cares about fun when we can have petty symbols next to our name.

Speaking as a creep, having 0 OPs and being rez camped make me not want to play when a hunter can kill me in 2-5 shots.

As a freep, I hate raiding because it isn't a challenge anymore. People don't have any group cohesion, they don't need to follow strategies, because they are so overpowered now.

Small groups fights are nearly non-existent which is a shame because there are still a few skilled players buzzing around on the server.

Enough ranting, I have a headache and haven't really made a point at all here so I will try to summarize. Nobody can make anyone else play the way they want obviously. In saying that, very few people seem to be having fun out there, there is a lot of raging going on in both sides, from people that never used to rage. The zerg v zip is boring, and takes away from any possible fun.

[QUOTE=Hoges;6822913] Speaking as a creep, having 0 OPs and being rez camped make me not want to play when a hunter can kill me in 2-5 shots. [QUOTE]
    Wow Merl, a hunter can kill you in 2-5 shots! wow... I obviously really need to learn to play!

I must be missing something but I sure find it hard to play against p2w Wargs and other creeps with store brought skills and pots. A slight overstatement perhaps but the sentiment is appropriate.

I guess these very people don't understand that after they have run off enough regular, non-flipping, non-farming toons... both Freeps and Creeps, they can sit around and reminisce about the good old days and how amazingly awesome they are or were, toasting marshmallows around the camp fire. Cause there won’t be anyone else to kill except their mates, fellow flippers and farmers.

Sure, the availability of the OP tools the creeps have been provided with is not the creeps fault... that honour is laid directly at the door of Turbines profit policies. But it does serve to clearly illustrate the poor attitude, lack of moral fibre, limited intelligence and obvious access to someone’s credit card these so called “good” players have.

Like Merl, I also tried to instil some form of balance and etiquette in the players around me for a while, but was more or less totally ignored.
    From that point on and based on the boorish conduct of the flippers and famers, I like my kin members, have decided to play with no rules or etiquette. In a 1v1? I will gank you unless it has been announced. Farming? I will call you out. Just because the leader boards are down doesn’t mean we are not noticing your amazing renown and infamy totals for each day, even when there is no one about!
    Don’t like it, go play another game. I am sure there are plenty out there where you can buy your Trophies, Rank and skills just like Lotro.

Like a lot of others, I pay for and play this game for fun. If I am not having fun I will leave. You lose. Lotro Loses.

On a more considered level, not all Freeps are OP. Hunters PvE wise are fine. But in terms of PvP we are most defiantly not a viable class anymore except in a group with heals.

In terms of survivability, the Hunter in the moors is basically fast food for Wargs or any other creep, except perhaps noobs who haven’t realised they can buy their rank and skills yet.
    Anyone saying the contrary is full of it, just like people that say L2P.

In the meantime I would advise aspiring hunters in the moors to just ignore the pathetic, ignorant QQ and trolling. Get in fellowships or raid groups, try your best, listen to advice from the more experienced and get used to dying… a lot.
    Last edited by Kethean; Jun 16 2013 at 07:03 PM.

For goodness sakes, creeps!!! Just because Candy LOVES to zerg greenies and flip everything in site, doesn't mean you can just zerg those freeps who are taking a break and fishing in the Hoarhallow River. But whatever gets you free and easy renown is best I guess. Just go and kill the people who can't fight back against a zerg.

Yay! Your fishing proficiency has increased to 120. The best spot is just north above HH. Nearer HH its been fished out by the hobbits!

Nothing is wrong with the people on this server. But there's something wrong with humanity.

Whoever takes all outposts is the unfair-playing side in my opinion. Keeps and relics aren't a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Blato View Post
    Nothing is wrong with the people on this server. But there's something wrong with humanity.

Whoever takes all outposts is the unfair-playing side in my opinion. Keeps and relics aren't a big deal.
    Gonna say I am often guilty taking a 3rd OP to give my groups location when there's a creep group of larger numbers like it often enough is (yday for example was pretty funny numbers at times...)
    IDK, I think yesterday went rather well, better to have zergs than to have nothing at all ^^

as far as 1v1s go..good grim seems to have become more or less the new 1v1 spot. so unless there is a group fighting there assume 1v1 :P other places on the map I assume you can't be faulted for not knowing or even not caring. to the other issues, OPs all being blue makes it really hard on creeps, but I don't expect many freeps who just want it easy to care so I will skip that. keeps and delving buffs are obvious. your getting 3x the infamy on your opponent and you wonder why they don't wanna play as much. In general freeps are very overpowered. if you can't or don't want to see that I am sorry. I'm sure there are many freeps who have complained wargs are overpowered simply because I (or another warg) killed them, maybe many times. but that is usually based on a skill level or gear level (after all playing freep is 15% skill 85% gear for most classes) so. I guess the point is do what you want, but realize your only going to keep making it harder for the side devs are already trying to make it a uphill battle for.

-bane

• Freeps originate from PvE, you can't get around that
    • Creeps cannot fight, they party hard and have a good time
    • Wardens cannot tank
    • Firehands is getting renamed to IceToes
    • Shagger is really a bunny rabbit
    • Derpon hides in the Delving brushing his favorite rainbow ponies
    • Carebears are a farse, they really don't care at all
    • Helm's Deep should be a PvP instance

I left out a bunch of other opinions, but all in all this server is a fun server to game on.

I suggest some of you take a hard look on my sig and think on that. No, seriously.

Also, moors etiquette ? XD PLEASE, lol.
    Quit.

Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

1. Erlessa is right, happiness begins with not caring.
    2. If you are going to rage and get so upset with PvP in Lord of the Rings Online, perhaps you should try Hello Kitty Online.
    3. If you aren't having fun, don't play.
    4. Farmers are cheaters and should be shunned from all good society.
    5. 1v1's are nothing more then "glorified" farming. I like to interrupt them when I can.
    6. Freeps are incredibly OP atm, and the Devs don't seem to care.
    7. I don't think it's the fact that the map is blue that bothers Creeps, but the fact that Freeps would prefer to PvE when there are creeps to fight. And with Freeps as OP as they are, when they go and take an OP after being wiped it's just ridiculous because it comes across that they need the OP buffs to compete when they don't and it also looks like again, that Freeps would rather PvE then PvP in a PvP zone.

1v1s are nothing more then glorified farming? if this was true I'd be freaking rank 15 by now haha. unlike farming 1v1s actually require some measure of skill. in fact unless your the ezmoder who just 1v1s greenies. 1v1ing as a creep is much harder then any raidvsraid or zerging. freeps well they just OP. I had to say 1v1s were cool though.. it's all the zergbabies who are the glorified farmers :P

lately people have been having a hard time realizing where the socially accepted 1v1 spot on the map is, so I made a map.

Red - The natural PvP zone.
    Blue - (yes that IS the actual size of the entire area) Good LC map in point, for 1v1s

It's out of the way, and very avoidable unless your specifically looking for 1v1's to ruin.

How creeps and freeps get ready for a 1v1
    Ivan= freeps
    Rocky= creeps
    Turbine = the russians who are giving Ivan(freeps) all the tools to ezmode

Last edited by Spider29; Jun 19 2013 at 08:15 PM.

Good spot for 1v1s imo

C'mon candy, you are doing it wrong.

If you really want to bore us to death, #1 Rule is not to get caught

Quote Originally Posted by Rashy View Post
    C'mon candy, you are doing it wrong.

If you really want to bore us to death, #1 Rule is not to get caught
    I was hoping you'd learn something from the TS3 zergs i suppose you joined at least once? Or does no one but leader on creepside have say on raid movement or lack thereof. We will push 5v10 or 5v15sometimes 5v20 maybe even for a while to same stupid spot hoping to get kills and fights. What will people do when we aren't on? just sit on that stupid rock for an hour and log off? I envy that self sufficiency really <3 [not directly aimed at anyone as i lack knowledge who the "mastermind" behind boring play is]

Quote Originally Posted by Nifroth View Post
    What will people do when we aren't on? just sit on that stupid rock for an hour and log off?

Are you asking if creeps log off if there is no freeps? thats usually how it works. Do you stay in the moors if there are no creeps out? i mean after you take the relics and dof buffs of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifroth View Post
    What will people do when we aren't on? just sit on that stupid rock for an hour and log off? I envy that self sufficiency really <3
    Sleep? Read? Watch some series/movie? Take a shower? Study? Work? Eat?

Let me know if any suit your needs.

Also if you're gonna cry about numbers, please, start doing so once you invite people from OOC to play around with you, because I'm tired of hearing how hard it's is for freeps to group up, xpecially you and your elite group.

Also,

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle2k11 View Post
    MeM will continue to flip the map blue, take all the op's
    They are trying hard. but they don't simply bore us enough
    Last edited by Rashy; Jun 22 2013 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider29 View Post
    Are you asking if creeps log off if there is no freeps? thats usually how it works. Do you stay in the moors if there are no creeps out? i mean after you take the relics and dof buffs of course.
    Nah, i was actually proposing bigger groups of creeps that have no problem killing my or other groups move the fights closer to the freeps sorta... something I can't accuse of as you often enough actually seem to be moving with fire

Also, I don't take DoF buffs, I don't play for nown so taking them is a waste of time. Yesterday we stayed hoping creeps would come back to fight there, they did, we were way too slow with reacting to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashy View Post
    Sleep? Read? Watch some series/movie? Take a shower? Study? Work? Eat?

Let me know if any suit your needs.

Also if you're gonna cry about numbers, please, start doing so once you invite people from OOC to play around with you, because I'm tired of hearing how hard it's is for freeps to group up, xpecially you and your elite group.
    You seem to have missed the point here. What I talk about is when both sides are out and want to fight, but the one winning won't leave the spot where they wipe other side several times with no losses even. Maybe I'm just too impatient, but when I am out I hope to have fights, preferably good fights when the numbers allow for it, which leads me to another point.
    Often enough if we manage to get a good 5 or 6man going creeps don't simply have the ranked members to fight that. It's not a secret, moors are pretty broken, freeps are pretty op. You're asking me to zerg you? I kinda know how it ends when either side gets zerged too much, rather try for decent fights than stupid zergfests.
    I am not complaining about numbers, I am complaining about lack of initiative to fight when both sides have numbers, that's it...

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    6. Freeps are incredibly OP atm, and the Devs don't seem to care.
    Yay! It’s official then, Hunters are OP... I look forward to our upcoming nurf. I apologise to all in advance for accidentally one shooting you, and for not dying in less than 2 seconds fla,t to anyone over rank three… or less.

Give me a break if I don’t laugh good humouredly.

When you make outlandish, sweeping generalisations like that, you deserve the odium poured upon your pronouncements.
    A more accurate statement would be that SOME freeps are currently OP, while there are some freeps that are currently underpowered - skill notwithstanding. The same applies to the Creeps.

Balance in the moors is a myth.

I do agree however, that if you’re not having fun you’re doing it wrong!
    Last edited by Kethean; Jun 23 2013 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kethean View Post
    Yay! It’s official then, Hunters are OP... I look forward to our upcoming nurf. I apologise to all in advance for accidentally one shooting you, and for not dying in less than 2 seconds fla,t to anyone over rank three… or less.

Give me a break if I don’t laugh good humouredly.

When you make outlandish, sweeping generalisations like that, you deserve the odium poured upon your pronouncements.
    A more accurate statement would be that SOME freeps are currently OP, while there are some freeps that are currently underpowered - skill notwithstanding. The same applies to the Creeps.

Balance in the moors is a myth.

I do agree however, that if you’re not having fun you’re doing it wrong!
    The prob Keath is that ATM pretty much every freep class but hunter is hard to kill 1v1 or unkillable if they were to trait for that. Ive seen the so called skilled players lose on a regular basis in 1v1's unless freeps gimp themselves even hunters atm can win some 1v1's albeit not easy by any stretch. However in a raid with heals I still mop up and thats where the OP arguement against hunters comes from... Now lets say hunters become as survivable as any other freep class , the scale of balance would be so tipped out of whack creeps would never win. The QQ would be off the charts....

So as an example of strengths and weaknesses... wargie good solo, wargie trying to get kill in a raid is dead, I make most of my renown this way, so to be honest for every time i've been ganked I've raid ganked a wargie several times over...

And it does appear hunter is getting changes so who knows what will happen maybe hunters will get their cake and eat it too like every other class...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast