We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Player Council

Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    Sidenote: I wish they would have also posted the members via their forum names as available. Thats how most of us know each other.
    Somewhere here there's a joke to be made about your character name and forum name, but I'm too tired to think of it.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Somewhere here there's a joke to be made about your character name and forum name, but I'm too tired to think of it.
    Eh, if you made a joke about Armitas, I'm sure he'd be up in arms about it.......
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    As I am fully caffeinated I shall give it a go.

The awesomeness of my forum name is only superseded by the awesomeness of my character name. It's a never ending battle of epicness that approaches the heavens themselves and casts an unapproachable shadow on the earth below.

Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post

I assume this is only going to delay your attempts, and not forestall them entirely, so I look forward to seeing what ridiculous nonsense I end up having to say in the Council forum. Be creative!
    I would like to formerly submit my request for a panda herald. This herald would use it's fists for combat but can be equipped with a +2 bow staff as a back cosmetic. The panda herald would come from the city of pandamonium to the far north in one of the remote surviving islands where he trained in martial arts, in particular fisticuffs. The panda herald would be compatible with the oathbreaker armor so that you would have an undead panda at your side if you chose to go red.

To fix the issue of not having a herald while mounted the panda could ride a polar bear with an eye patch and a utility belt. The polar bear would also be undead if in red line.
    Last edited by Armitas; May 01 2013 at 04:34 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    Make sure it's got a mounted combat speed of 17, and keeps pace with the war steeds for full effect =P

I mean... if a stick can keep pace with a normal horse.........
    Wow.. I`ve been away for too long on those forum.. but the MP Herald with Coconut is really nickel. I`m all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    Let alone that each and every single council member now has a giant target painted on their backs.
    That makes me think that I forget to Gratz both TSK and Furtim for their new position.
    [COLOR=#008080]If it isn't about FlameThrower, Grenade and Rocket Launcher, you're playing the wrong classes, race and game..
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    ...I'm not a big fan of information being filtered through "representatives" either. I would prefer that the developers hear the ideas from the people themselves.
    Me too but...IMO the main reason for a representative based system is that the players out number the available attention of those in charge. There is too much info out there to process. It's like a room full of radios on thousands of different stations. You can't hear them all at once and you don't have time to hear them 1 at a time. All you can do is walk and listen to as many as you can in your limited time to be in that room.

A perfect system would be to listen to all of the players but due to human limitations that is not possible. It has to be filtered. It's one of those systems we had to create to circumvent human limitations. Even our own brain works that way. Every sensory organ is presenting it's own case in your brain simultaneously, some "judge" in your brain controls which information gets passed on to your consciousness.

It's not a perfect system, but it's one of the most reliable systems we have. Perfection being unachievable we trade one set of limitations for a more suitable set of limitations. Then we check that with the remainder of the population.
    Last edited by Armitas; May 01 2013 at 06:02 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

As I am fully caffeinated I shall give it a go.

The awesomeness of my forum name is only superseded by the awesomeness of my character name. It's a never ending battle of epicness that approaches the heavens themselves and casts an unapproachable shadow on the earth below.

I would like to formerly submit my request for a panda herald. This herald would use it's fists for combat but can be equipped with a +2 bow staff as a back cosmetic. The panda herald would come from the city of pandamonium to the far north in one of the remote surviving islands where he trained in martial arts, in particular fisticuffs. The panda herald would be compatible with the oathbreaker armor so that you would have an undead panda at your side if you chose to go red.

To fix the issue of not having a herald while mounted the panda could ride a polar bear with an eye patch and a utility belt. The polar bear would also be undead if in red line.
    Also, don't forget the background music should be Kung fu fighting on repeat as long as the panda herald is in combat.

IMO the main reason for a representative based system is that the players out number the available attention of those in charge. There is too much info out there to process. It's like a room full of radios on thousands of different stations. You can't hear them all at once and you don't have time to hear them 1 at a time. All you can do is walk and listen to as many as you can in your limited time to be in that room.

A perfect system would be to listen to all of the players but due to human limitations that is not possible. It has to be filtered. It's one of those systems we had to create to circumvent human limitations. Even our own brain works that way. Every sensory organ is presenting it's own case in your brain simultaneously, some "judge" in your brain controls which information gets passed on to your consciousness.

It's not a perfect system, but it's one of the most reliable systems we have. Perfection being unachieveable we trade one set of limitations for a more suitable set of limitations. Then we check that with the remainder of the population.
    I don't understand why it would be difficult for Rock to occasionally take an hour or two of his time to read the revaamp thread where he asked for feedback. It's only 8 pages, and I don't think that compares with a room full of a thousand different radio stations. Just have the devs come in from time to time and create threads asking specifically for feedback to consider. I think that's a superior system to this Player Council thing. But I'll give the council thing a whirl and see if it produces results.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    Also, don't forget the background music should be Kung fu fighting on repeat as long as the panda herald is in combat.
    Oh definitely, it'd fit in excellently here...

I mean, it's not like we're pandaring to anyone.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    I don't understand why it would be difficult for Rock to occasionally take an hour or two of his time to read the revaamp thread where he asked for feedback. It's only 8 pages, and I don't think that compares with a room full of a thousand different radio stations. Just have the devs come in from time to time and create threads asking specifically for feedback to consider. I think that's a superior system to this Player Council thing. But I'll give the council thing a whirl and see if it produces results.
    I don't think you realize how busy the devs can actually be with designing, developing, and/or bug hunting stuff. Especially when meetings get thrown into the mix....
    Last edited by Almagnus1; May 01 2013 at 06:02 PM.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3