We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New Ideas for the Council

Though critical of this new approach, I decided to give it a whirl - so if the council members want to pass these ideas along to the developers they would have my gratitude.

New Instance Specific Currency that can be used to purchase Gold Items

The reasoning behind adding powerful but rare Gold Items to different clusters was a good idea, because it encourages players to participate in a greater variety of instances - instead of just honing in on the quickest and easiest ones to complete as used to be the case. But the problem is they are so rare a lot of players can get discouraged and give up. So I think it would be a good idea to add new cluster-specific currency that drops in small numbers when challenges are completed. That way players can then use them to purchase the new gold items. The developers can make them extremely expensive, but at least this way players will always feel they are at least making slight progress toward this near gear and know eventually if they keep at it they will get them.

Interchangeable Set Bonuses

I think there needs to be a new system designed that allows players to take set bonuses from older armor and exchange them with the set bonuses on newer armor. That way players aren't forced to neglect new armor pieces due to lackluster set bonuses that do not compliment their plays tyle This would allow for a lot more customization also, which is always a good thing - and will give players something new to do in the process.
    Last edited by Jeremi; May 01 2013 at 05:51 PM.

Actually, the latest Bullroarer patch notes mention a new type of currency that will be used to upgrade pocket items to the Gold tier. For that matter, U10 added a similar mechanic for upgrading Rohan rings into Golds. So, it looks like that idea is already being pursued.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    Actually, the latest Bullroarer patch notes mention a new type of currency that will be used to upgrade pocket items to the Gold tier. For that matter, U10 added a similar mechanic for upgrading Rohan rings into Golds. So, it looks like that idea is already being pursued.
    Sadly no. The OP is referring to golden class item-drops from instances/raids that "can" drop, but hardly ever do. The new items which are coming with u11 are just another barter piece which we obtain via rep and token grind (same thing as with the great river or rohan jewels).
    Nevertheless i absolutly support the idea of a barter system for golden class items. I rather run an instance 50 times and be able to barter my claok, bracelett or whatever than beeing on my run Nr. 200 and having the same insanely low chance of getting it as on run Nr. 1. Grindfest okay, but grindfest without a reward kinda takes the fun out of our beloved grinding doesnt it?
    ---------------------------------------------- Ledrogama cpt R9, Morrix mini R11, 6 other toons lvl 85 R5-R7 ------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Proud Officer of Doombiscuits -----------------------------------------------------------------------

I prefer very low drop chance versus stupid and boring reputation and token grind. Imo tokens should be used for an "upgrades"(runes,crystals etc), but the item itself should only come from the drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    New Instance Specific Currency that can be used to purchase Gold Items
    Yes please. These endless grinds have sapped my will to play this game.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Arabani View Post
    I prefer very low drop chance versus stupid and boring reputation and token grind. Imo tokens should be used for an "upgrades"(runes,crystals etc), but the item itself should only come from the drop.
    Not clear what this has to do with Captains per se, but I like to have a path to something myself. And that path shouldn't be "run warg pens 200 times and MAYBE you'll have a Captain shield, or maybe you'll be no closer than when you started". There is no reason there can't be both paths -- something is a rare drop AND there is a defined grind for it.
    Last edited by DelgonTheWise; May 02 2013 at 09:11 AM.