We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
    Hypothetically speaking if one is trained in controlling war-steeds then it wouldn't be a terrible leap to think those individuals capable of mastering the art of training other mounts, in this case goats, to perform new tricks.

The problem would be finding mounts of the correct stock. Super sturdy mountain goats! And there are some of those in the game. You normally do not ride them as they are wild... but much as the Rohirrim capture wild ponies to train them for battle, I too would venture into various mountains to train a war goat.

Hell, make it lore-master specific. Like if they trait enough in blue line make it so they can train goats for combat and a new legendary quest (a pet goat one cannot ride.)

I'd love to add a war goat to my pile of companions for my ultimate ability on Thurenion.
    [B]Retainer of Silverlode's inactive kinship Honor and Glory
    [/B][B]Member of Lords of Brotherhood[/B]
    Thurenion [85 LM] - Bandobro Bullroller [85 WDN] - Ryk [85 CPT] - Aefrith [61 BRG]
    Guilded Eastemnet Master of all crafting professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanthir View Post
    Hypothetically speaking if one is trained in controlling war-steeds then it wouldn't be a terrible leap to think those individuals capable of mastering the art of training other mounts, in this case goats, to perform new tricks.

The problem would be finding mounts of the correct stock. Super sturdy mountain goats! And there are some of those in the game. You normally do not ride them as they are wild... but much as the Rohirrim capture wild ponies to train them for battle, I too would venture into various mountains to train a war goat.

Hell, make it lore-master specific. Like if they trait enough in blue line make it so they can train goats for combat and a new legendary quest (a pet goat one cannot ride.)

I'd love to add a war goat to my pile of companions for my ultimate ability on Thurenion.
    I am not too keen on the lore-master specific idea since the Giant War Goats would have a strong association with dwarf factions as do the current Giant Goat mounts. And we do not have any dwarf lore-masters yet.
    However, it is an interesting idea to have the mounts trainable by lore-masters. Perhaps the lore-master could have a similar skill to the minstrel mentor skill. The lore-master could train other classes on riding skills that are for other animals such as giant turtles, bears, stags, sabre cats, etc. But that is a little off topic and would be a stretch for Turbine to implement. The Giant War Goats were an omission that should be rectified soon. We already have the Giant Goat mounts so we should be getting the Giant War Goats soon. Despite getting opposing posts from the same 2-3 people after every post of support, it is good to remain optimistic and open minded. Some people have not shown their support because of the negative reactions they might get. Just remember that we already have the Giant Goat mounts and adding in the Giant Goat Mounts makes perfect sense. Personally, can't wait to have another mounted combat option on my dwarf besides those wacky magic ponies. Keep positive folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasdun View Post
    Some people have not shown their support because of the negative reactions they might get.
    ...and now you're making up excuses for why more people don't agree. This is what you call being 'open minded', is it? Perish the thought that people might simply not agree with you.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasdun View Post
    I am not too keen on the lore-master specific idea since the Giant War Goats would have a strong association with dwarf factions as do the current Giant Goat mounts. And we do not have any dwarf lore-masters yet.
    However, it is an interesting idea to have the mounts trainable by lore-masters. Perhaps the lore-master could have a similar skill to the minstrel mentor skill. The lore-master could train other classes on riding skills that are for other animals such as giant turtles, bears, stags, sabre cats, etc. But that is a little off topic and would be a stretch for Turbine to implement. The Giant War Goats were an omission that should be rectified soon. We already have the Giant Goat mounts so we should be getting the Giant War Goats soon. Despite getting opposing posts from the same 2-3 people after every post of support, it is good to remain optimistic and open minded. Some people have not shown their support because of the negative reactions they might get. Just remember that we already have the Giant Goat mounts and adding in the Giant Goat Mounts makes perfect sense. Personally, can't wait to have another mounted combat option on my dwarf besides those wacky magic ponies. Keep positive folks.
    Hey, what's more lore-breaking that people riding a goat everywhere??

Well, that's easy: People fighting on a goat in Rohan!
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10