We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs down No Revamp till Fall ?

With the announcement of the new expansion due this fall, and...

"• Advance from levels 85 to 95 - Experience 10 new levels, from 85 to 95, with new skills and completely updated class specializations. Both mounted and un-mounted combat will challenge you as you war against the evil of Saruman."

new skills and completely updated class specializations <------- I'm worried this means we have to wait for months and months for whats been overdue for nearly 2 years. I'm really starting to lose intrest in Lotro, and am playing less and less.

Hunters deserve their update (revamp) that all the other classes got forever ago.

This really chaps my hide.

Boo.....
    [URL=http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/the2fetters/media/sig-lotro_zpsd8f7f9b2.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r761/the2fetters/sig-lotro_zpsd8f7f9b2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Fix our bugs please :)

Quote Originally Posted by Fettamir View Post
    With the announcement of the new expansion due this fall, and...

"• Advance from levels 85 to 95 - Experience 10 new levels, from 85 to 95, with new skills and completely updated class specializations. Both mounted and un-mounted combat will challenge you as you war against the evil of Saruman."

new skills and completely updated class specializations <------- I'm worried this means we have to wait for months and months for whats been overdue for nearly 2 years. I'm really starting to lose intrest in Lotro, and am playing less and less.

Hunters deserve their update (revamp) that all the other classes got forever ago.

This really chaps my hide.

Boo.....
    Im gonna be honest i fully expected this to happen, they throw us bones when we get too loud so we calm down and then they say that we will have to wait 6 more months. I personally have taken a break from LOTRO because my favorite class (the hunter class if you couldn't guess) has issues that have been around for about a year, has skills that haven't been updated since they came out, it is over shadowed by a few of the other freep classes which are majorly over powered and overall turbine has just ticked me off with how they treat their player base.

I do enjoy the world itself which is beautiful and great to enjoy and explore but my favorite class is being treated like the "red headed step child"(just a saying, not meaning to hate on red heads or step childs) as they say. Also the log in is annoyingly long considering I can load skyrim,bf3 or guild wars 2 in like 10 seconds. /rant over

The Elder Scrolls Online is coming out this year and it sounds pretty interesting.
    The end of an age has come and the wheel of time turns on. We will meet again when the wheel allows it.

Disregarding pvmp, as I'm not greatly involved in it, despite some issues the hunter currently has (lack of actual agro management compared to a champion or burglar, for example) we're in one of the better spots we've been in for pve in several years. Well geared, well played hunters can be the top single target dps in the game, while also able to put out large amounts of aoe damage via arrow storm spam. Our survivability still leaves things to be desired, but we're better off than burglars in this regard. The yellow line could use some revamping of traits to give it more a debuff flair (something more than just pure cc), but all in all, the hunter is quite playable in pve currently.

Not to say a revamp of some things wouldn't be welcome, but the hunter definitely isn't unplayable in today's pve environment, however, I do understand how 6 more months could be painful for some pvmp hunters.

Also... I'd make the argument that the red-headed stepchild for turbine would be the guardian. Their class mechanics haven't changed in as long or longer than hunters, and agro generation hasn't gone up too much since RoI (with the huge scaling of main dps stats). Plus... we're better off in current armor set bonuses than many classes, at least some of the erebor set bonuses are attractive to use.
    [b]The thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach.” - J.R.R. Tolkien[/b]

If they decided to do a revamp before the level cap increase, you know you'd get other players complaining anyway. It's a no-win situation for Turbine.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Take note to the dramatic Warden changes mid-expansion to switch their main stat from Might to Agility. The rage that followed was relentless.

I am very thankful they will release these changes with the expansion, because major changes (Yes major, I am sure these will change the playstyle of the class) should always, I repeat - always come with an expansion when we expect a change.
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by josh13333 View Post
    Disregarding pvmp, as I'm not greatly involved in it, despite some issues the hunter currently has (lack of actual agro management compared to a champion or burglar, for example) we're in one of the better spots we've been in for pve in several years. Well geared, well played hunters can be the top single target dps in the game, while also able to put out large amounts of aoe damage via arrow storm spam. Our survivability still leaves things to be desired, but we're better off than burglars in this regard. The yellow line could use some revamping of traits to give it more a debuff flair (something more than just pure cc), but all in all, the hunter is quite playable in pve currently.

Not to say a revamp of some things wouldn't be welcome, but the hunter definitely isn't unplayable in today's pve environment, however, I do understand how 6 more months could be painful for some pvmp hunters.

Also... I'd make the argument that the red-headed stepchild for turbine would be the guardian. Their class mechanics haven't changed in as long or longer than hunters, and agro generation hasn't gone up too much since RoI (with the huge scaling of main dps stats). Plus... we're better off in current armor set bonuses than many classes, at least some of the erebor set bonuses are attractive to use.
    Because guards don't really need a revamp for anything, they've always been in a good place. I play both a hunter and a guard in endgame content and have absolutely no trouble with either, both managing threat and keeping aggro.

PvMP is drastically easier after U10 also. If it wasn't for the fact that the majority of creeps have devolved into a 'blob or die' mindset we could probably solo again out there.
    [center]RIP Character signature generator, June 2013.[/center]
    [center]Theiol, Fervar, Turthonn, and Vanka, [i]retired LOTRO[/i]|Croue, Folter, [i]Rift - Shatterbone shard[/i][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Kajil View Post
    Because guards don't really need a revamp for anything, they've always been in a good place. I play both a hunter and a guard in endgame content and have absolutely no trouble with either, both managing threat and keeping aggro.

PvMP is drastically easier after U10 also. If it wasn't for the fact that the majority of creeps have devolved into a 'blob or die' mindset we could probably solo again out there.
    That's pretty much my entire point, but in regards to his post about the class not changing, guards haven't changed in as long or longer than hunters. (By agro management, I mean a skill such as ire for champs or provoke for burgs, that helps a tank with agro, not saying hunters have issues managing their agro if they know what to do).

And yeah, like I said, I don't really PvMP, glad to know it's better for hunters.
    [b]The thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach.” - J.R.R. Tolkien[/b]