We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

bye bye 0 second rallying cry, and other changes

Always thought it was a bug. Bullroarer release notes say it is out of here:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...57#post6759857

Some captain specifics in these changes, which are of course preliminary as they are on Bullroarer:

• Set bonuses that reduce Defeat Event Cooldowns no longer stack. This will prevent unintentional stacking that could reduce cooldowns to 0s.
    • The Captain's Cloak of the Fornost Captain and Wyrmfire Mender's Ring have new proc effects on them. These proc effects are set up to trigger off the Captain's healing skills (and ONLY the Captain's).

And a mounted nerf, alas:
    Reducing damage done by Cry Wrath, Cry Havoc and Rally the Riders by 10-15%. Sorry to do it, but Captain damage output was far too high. Even with the reduction they are still capable of massive DPS while mounted.

And a nice one:
    The Recovered and Unearthed Iron Shield now give Might in place of Will, as they drop and are intended for Captains.

Can't say I'm terribly surprised - that always seemed a bit... odd... especially after they fixed the 75/85 Perserverance gear to NOT stack with each other.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Mounted nerf was totally justified. And it's not even that bad, honestly. We'll still be able to two-shot most landscape mobs.

Has anybody had a chance to log in and see what our new Yellow line is like?
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    Mounted nerf was totally justified. And it's not even that bad, honestly. We'll still be able to two-shot most landscape mobs.

Has anybody had a chance to log in and see what our new Yellow line is like?
    I'm still waiting on client update atm.

One of the first things I'm going to do see what the top end of the Light Steed looks like. Honestly, I'm not terribly surprised by the nerf either.

While we wait, here's a teaser from BR forums:

Forced Movement skills such as Coax, Caution and Intimidate are now granted when and if they make sense for a class. For example, the Captain features a mix of melee and ranged attacks, so rather than a forced movement trait that benefits one and not the other, the Captain has a new skill that forces enemies to ride close by after executing a ranged attack and causes them to ride at a distance after executing a melee attack. This allows the Captain to juggle their skills effectively while manipulating their enemy position.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

I'm going to be honest. It was fun while it lasted. *waves bye to 0 second cd*

Vague summary of our new Mounted Combat Riddermark line: It adds a To Arms!-like group buff and a defeat event, so they weren't kidding when they said the new Riddermark lines would make MC characters feel a lot more like their core class. It also has some traits that give us stance-dependent buffs, as well as a toggle that applies forced movement to all our skills. Pretty interesting stuff overall. Definitely an improvement over Live.

I poked around a bit with the new yellow line. I absolutely love the improvements. There's traits in there that increase damage and outgoing healing as well as a skill (at least on the heavy steed, since that's what I use) that's an on-defeat event that works like Rallying Cry etc. What I love about the heavy line is that they moved Trample into the red trait line.

0-second Rallying Cry: Totally OK that it's gone, never used it anyway. The idea of using lower level gear was distasteful to me anyway, and it's not like we need it.

Nice on the Fornost Cappy cloak if I could get the dumb thing to drop. It always seems to me that Fornost is very stingy with its loot for both teals and golds.

Unearthed/Recovered Iron Shield: Interesting, although I rarely use shields. The only ones that seem worth using to me are the gold shield and the teal one from Warg-Pens (gives vitality, morale, block, etc) and the latter only situationally. The unfortunate side of this is that I'm currently using this on my minstrel (he has pathetically low morale), so I'll have to replace it.

After playing with the light steed on BR.... changes are essentially a wash.

Sure, several skills are getting nerfed pretty hard, but with Cry Vengeance and Motivation, it seems like it's more shifting damage around than actually loosing any.

Off the topic of the steeds, how are the heal ring and cloak looking? I believe the notes said the procs were actually changed, so I'm curious how exactly they're worded now, and which skills will trigger them.

Also, anyone know if the Mender pocket OGH proc stacks with the cloak proc?
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Off the topic of the steeds, how are the heal ring and cloak looking? I believe the notes said the procs were actually changed, so I'm curious how exactly they're worded now, and which skills will trigger them.
    They now state "on Captain Heal" to trigger the effect, which I assume means Rallying Cry/Valiant Strike/Inspire, in addition to WoC.
    Beastwise | Gladden | Shock and Awe

Quote Originally Posted by Beastnas View Post
    They now state "on Captain Heal" to trigger the effect, which I assume means Rallying Cry/Valiant Strike/Inspire, in addition to WoC.
    I would also hope for traited MC too.
    It would be nice if some captain could test all those skills for us during early u11 beta. Ill try but i may not be able to.
    The pocket stats and bonus is very good. It will be interesting to see if and how it stacks with Fornost cloak.

Of the new items the Wildermore might bracelet (has same stat slices as the earring from Bells) and the r10 shield will be great additions to builds for those without some of golds.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000775b8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]