Soon we will be making several significant changes and updates to the LOTRO community websites. Some features of the existing community site will be upgraded, while others will be discontinued.
The forums are going to be upgraded to a slightly newer version of VBulletin.
Changes will include:
- The forum styling/appearance will be updated.
- We will be adding a new forum home page that includes forum category navigation and feeds of recent turbine announcements/recent player discussions.
- The reputation system will be discontinued.
- Forum performance will be improved.
- The forum layout and the number of forums will be streamlined to reduce the number of forums and sub-forums.
- Our bug reporting system is being revamped. We will update the bug reporting links as soon as the new system is available.
The LOTRO Lorebook will be discontinued. Official Guides will be relocated to LOTRO.Com website. If you have created a guide and wish to save it, please copy it from the lorebook in the next few days. We will be creating a new “Player Created Guides” forum for you to post your guides in.
Several MyLOTRO components will be moving to LOTRO.com or retiring. Details are as follows:
- The current player blog functionality will be discontinued. We are investigating ways of bringing blogging to players in the community site, but in the meantime existing player blogs can be exported for use at a later time. Exporting your blog will create an XML file containing all your blog entries, comments, and images, which can be imported into a variety of blogging platforms.
- Character and guild data will be discontinued. Please note that this will also impact any systems that rely on character data including PVMP leaderboards, Character Signatures, and API functionality (data.lotro.com).
- The Character Copy tool is being revamped and migrated to LOTRO.com.
- The LOTRO referral system is being revamped and migrated to LOTRO.com. Please note that if you currently have active referrals, you will continue to accrue bonus points from your existing referrals, but you will be unable to redeem bonus points from your referral wallet or add new referrals until the new front-end of the referral system is launched.
The LOTRO Lotteries will receive a slight refresh and a new widget that should make them easier to find and enter. Our current expectation is the new system will be available with the launch of the new community site.