We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Helm's Deep Expansion

http://www.lotro.com/en/game/article...helm%E2%80%99s

When is it being released?

What pre-purchase packages/bonuses are being offered?

The press release was pretty light on details.

----

Edit: Yes I'm kind of excited for it.
    Last edited by Mysterion; Apr 24 2013 at 10:11 AM.

Same, I am so excited. I have read the article, and they said they will release the patch in Fall
    Nothing is Impossible

Fall's a bit early, yes? I have no confidence anymore that Turbine can release a quality expansion in under a year.

Also, in before this is locked in favor of the (yet to appear) official discussion thread
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

Teeeeeeeeeeheeeehihihi

Here's the prediction :
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...ace-Yourselves!!

Now as far as when it'll be released, my prediction is November 23 2013.

THANK YOU TURBINE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lagunast View Post
    Same, I am so excited. I have read the article, and they said they will release the patch in Fall
    Fall is a pretty loose timeframe: September to December in the Northern Hemisphere. Just fishing for more details from Sapience. Which I doubt we'll get since the last expansion got pushed even after a release date was approaching. Which I did support, I'd prefer more appropriately baked content as compared with Pit of Iron issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    Fall's a bit early, yes? I have no confidence anymore that Turbine can release a quality expansion in under a year.

Also, in before this is locked in favor of the (yet to appear) official discussion thread
    Be positive 3rd time's a charm! :P

I'd imagine we're looking at an October-November release, that would put it at a year/just over in terms of development. Realistically I am excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Thorwyn99 View Post
    Be positive 3rd time's a charm! :P
    It's the fifth expansion
    Andahlia (105BRG) - Annare (105MNS) - Grimdhaz (105RNK) - Grimdoin (105GDN)
    Grimdoir (105CHM) - Tommelhood (105HNT) - Willegart (105WDN)

Not that excited, and given they debacle over the last expansion, which we have only recently received all of, I will not be pre-purchasing this no matter what they offer as an incentive.

In Addition to the questions above I would like to ask where the promised pvmp dev diary for April is :P

just by the way
    Second Marshall Maywyn Eorthas of Rohan - Captain - Rank 13

Tyrant Gate Wargkönig, Son of Krithmog - Stalker - Rank 15

I am of course excited, but I wonder how they are going to manage. We still don't have Wildermore. When was Great River released? March? And here it is almost May. What happened with RoR? It was delayed by a month. How about the instance cluster? That was delayed too, and came in two parts, the second of which came only a month or two ago... :/
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Excellent news on the forthcoming expansion Turbine. Hopefully as relates to the Helms Deep instance, you will keep our characters in disguise well away from the Hornburg itself (we fight at the Dike then on the Deeping Wall).
    Last edited by fidor; Apr 24 2013 at 11:47 AM.

Should be interesting to see how they insert our characters into Helm's Deep without breaking lore...session play would allow us to be there, but that wouldn't be our actual characters...

At this point though, it's all just speculation
    Riddermark Server
    Thorund - 100 Champion; Thorundel - 100 Hunter; Thorundelun - 100 Captain; Grimgarhelm - 100 Burglar

The level 10 minimum is interesting, and definitely something I wasn't expecting(although the lower minimum levels for Rohan cluster did hint towards this). Obviously the announcement is rather lacking in details, but here's hoping 'Fall' means October-December.

At least now we can confirm that our own characters will be present at Helm's Deep, rather than through a session play.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    I am of course excited, but I wonder how they are going to manage. We still don't have Wildermore. When was Great River released? March? And here it is almost May. What happened with RoR? It was delayed by a month. How about the instance cluster? That was delayed too, and came in two parts, the second of which came only a month or two ago... :/
    I believe Great River + Epic was released in February '12.

Hopefully they've learned from previous shortfalls. Some of those being:
    • Overpriced expansion (aka not quite worth the money)
    • No new group / endgame content
    • Time as currency (This has been explained in other posts)
    \\ Galidin \\ Unpossible \\ Rawlor \\
    ...::: Defenders of the Lost Light - Brandywine :::...

I'm bouncing between psyched and cynical

First of all, Helm's Deep? SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!

But second of all-is this gonna be another "pay me now, get the content in installments" kinda thing? (I suspect yes, based on past performance.)

In which case, I don't expect to pre-order.

But, HELM'S DEEEEEEPPPPPP!!!!!

It's possible I have overcaffeinated this morning...
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyrion View Post
    The level 10 minimum is interesting, and definitely something I wasn't expecting(although the lower minimum levels for Rohan cluster did hint towards this). Obviously the announcement is rather lacking in details, but here's hoping 'Fall' means October-December.

At least now we can confirm that our own characters will be present at Helm's Deep, rather than through a session play.
    My guess is that the "starting at level 10" means something like with Monsterplay.. though tbh not sure it's still like that but it used to be that you couldn't create a monster character until you were level 10.
    So maybe (still guessing ) the Helm's Deep battle "area" will be unlocked at level 10, when going to the HD battle area you can create a soldier that you can improve by earning rewards for your contribution to the fight..
    Hoping for a rewards system that improves our current characters as well but maybe it's more of a mini side game.. like PvMP but for solo players.. unless there's grouping in the area..

Just a quick speculation from my side after reading the HD advertisement.. not actual information what so ever.. We'll have to wait for more information which will probably be released during the coming few months..

Leader of "The Gnomes" of Evernight.
    It's all about laughs and social gaming! Come join us at www.xsgamers.com!
    Recruitment is active

I really really really hate +10 level cap increases. Everything we have worked so hard to grind for will become worthless. A +5 level increase and maybe some of the gold items might be still worth keeping.

Level 85 has been a terrible experience. More grind than ever before. Recipes with a 1 in 10,000 chance to drop - which then only have a 70% chance to crit and be worth having. Gold class items with a painfully low lucky drop rate. And all for what? 3 of the worst 12 man instances (I can't bring myself to call them raids) we've seen. Bugged mechanics, impossible fights, messed up loot tables, 1st agers dropping from fights that take 3 minutes to complete, then taken away.

U11 is due to bring us some more solo quests (presumably 3-4 factions to grind rep for in order to barter for some marginally better jewellery) and no group content. The next raid cluster will be level 95 so we can kiss goodbye to all our lovely shiny gear.

I'm not an idiot, I know this is the lifecycle of the MMO, I just wish there was a better way. +10 levels will keep some players happy, alienate others that can't be bothered to start again, and be an even bigger barrier to entry for new players. time to think outside the MMO box Turbine.
    Lose = To suffer defeat or fail to win.
    Loose = Not tight or released from a fastening or attachment.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2221900000017d924/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    I believe Great River + Epic was released in February '12.
    Late March iirc.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

New content is always good but seems they are just ripping the rearend out of this game now i cant believe they have spent time making another expansion when they couldn't even get the current content out for us surely this should have been a priority its either that or there throwing a full expansion together in a few months. Also i dont like the sound of new expansion content being made available at level 10 it would make me think end lvl content instances and raids for example would be available at level 20 again meaning they will be of the same standard as the the current garbage surely the expansion should start for level 85ish onwards.

This time around I will not be pre-ordering at all, not after this last debacle. The interminable grind of Hytbold, the very late release of instances and raids. I will just wait and see, buy the quest pack for points when it becomes available and just skip the instance pack altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    Late March iirc.
    No actually late February, early March.

Great to see Helms Deep, but this is part of Rohan - why is it an expansion? We haven't had an expansions worth of content our of RoR yet, in fact not even close. WHat happened to being bigger than Moria?

And a level cap? We've barely started the gear treadmill for the last lot..plus levelling legendaries. If you find a way round this, then fantastic. But if not...well what's the incentive if less than a year later you will wipe out all our hard work again like the past 2 years.

I'm all in favour of Helms Deep - its ambitious and exactly what the community want...but the lvl cap/potential gear treadmills are becoming most of your focus and many wont return to Lotro if those aspects still exist

Quote Originally Posted by Wilksie View Post
    I really really really hate +10 level cap increases. Everything we have worked so hard to grind for will become worthless. A +5 level increase and maybe some of the gold items might be still worth keeping.

Level 85 has been a terrible experience. More grind than ever before. Recipes with a 1 in 10,000 chance to drop - which then only have a 70% chance to crit and be worth having. Gold class items with a painfully low lucky drop rate. And all for what? 3 of the worst 12 man instances (I can't bring myself to call them raids) we've seen. Bugged mechanics, impossible fights, messed up loot tables, 1st agers dropping from fights that take 3 minutes to complete, then taken away.

U11 is due to bring us some more solo quests (presumably 3-4 factions to grind rep for in order to barter for some marginally better jewellery) and no group content. The next raid cluster will be level 95 so we can kiss goodbye to all our lovely shiny gear.

I'm not an idiot, I know this is the lifecycle of the MMO, I just wish there was a better way. +10 levels will keep some players happy, alienate others that can't be bothered to start again, and be an even bigger barrier to entry for new players. time to think outside the MMO box Turbine.
    I agree that with the delay of the instances and the low drop rates on the special items it feels as if 10 levels is a not needed increase at this time.. there's so many items me and my kin have yet to find.. let alone get a full kin raid group kitted out with raid gear/first age weapons is hardly doable when you don't do multiple raid runs each week.. which my kinship is simply not able to do..
    I wonder if the Erebor raids (if scaled up) will still be dropping first age symbols for level 85 weapons.. And not to think of all the seals people are saving up if they're not able to complete a T2 raid or have bad luck with the RNG and want to buy a first age weapon with seals.. but then just before HD is released they still haven't got the needed amount of seals.. will those be converted to medallions again?

Meh so many questions and speculations.. mind goes crazy with shifting from being overly enthusiastic to being overly pessimistic..

Leader of "The Gnomes" of Evernight.
    It's all about laughs and social gaming! Come join us at www.xsgamers.com!
    Recruitment is active

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast