We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Legendary Weapon Tips

    Hey there. I finally hit 45 on my Captain. What a cumbersome journey that was. I was wondering what primary and secondary legacies(I think they are called legacies) you like to shoot for on your legendary weapons for leveling and dps?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizunas View Post
    Hey there. I finally hit 45 on my Captain. What a cumbersome journey that was. I was wondering what primary and secondary legacies(I think they are called legacies) you like to shoot for on your legendary weapons for leveling and dps?
    It's been a **long** time since I've leveled a captain through Moria, but the general feeling I got was to take whatever you got and run with it, and not really worry about locking down the LIs until you're closer to level cap, when you can start storing up legacy scrolls that you can use on endgame LIs.

    That said, the key weapon legacies are To Arms and Telling Mark. Rally Cry Cooldown and Strength of Will are nice on an emblem - but keeping the tactical healing rating up is more important than the legacies IMO (add 50 to tactical healing rating, and that's your effective healing level).
    Last edited by Almagnus1; Apr 24 2013 at 04:51 AM.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Landroval

    Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

    Steam: Almagnus1

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    It's been a **long** time since I've leveled a captain through Moria, but the general feeling I got was to take whatever you got and run with it, and not really worry about locking down the LIs until you're closer to level cap, when you can start storing up legacy scrolls that you can use on endgame LIs.

    That said, the key weapon legacies are To Arms and Telling Mark. Rally Cry Cooldown and Strength of Will are nice on an emblem - but keeping the tactical healing rating up is more important than the legacies IMO (add 50 to tactical healing rating, and that's your effective healing level).
    How does to Arms help with leveling?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizunas View Post
    How does to Arms help with leveling?
    When running with a herald it's very usefull. Same for Strenght of Will


    Furthermore I would go for DB crit rating, if needed melee skill power cost.
    Minor legacies are blade of elendil damage, and cutting attack bleed damage, to increase your damage.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    It's been a **long** time since I've leveled a captain through Moria, but the general feeling I got was to take whatever you got and run with it, and not really worry about locking down the LIs until you're closer to level cap, when you can start storing up legacy scrolls that you can use on endgame LIs.

    That said, the key weapon legacies are To Arms and Telling Mark. Rally Cry Cooldown and Strength of Will are nice on an emblem - but keeping the tactical healing rating up is more important than the legacies IMO (add 50 to tactical healing rating, and that's your effective healing level).
    He is leveling and 45. That advice is more for end game. Assuming he is talking solo, I'd shoot for
    Weapon:
    Max out DPS legacy first
    PA targets ***
    PA Crit
    BOE
    Cutting attack
    Telling mark (maybe)

    Emblem
    Max out tac healing and RC cooldown first
    RC cooldown ***
    Vocal heals
    RC heals
    MC cooldown

    Ones with *** are only musts. Don't get obsessed though. You'll throw your LI away every few levels. Slot T1-T2 relics if you have them, and don't worry about losing them. To Arms is basically useless, as you don't have blade brother yet. SOW not very useful either. Telling Mark is OK for easier soloing, but I often use revealing solo anyway...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindless05 View Post
    When running with a herald it's very usefull. Same for Strenght of Will
    Why would you say that? He is just level 45. He has shield brother only. He MAY have fellowship brother legendary (available at 39, but may not have earned), but has no capstones for 100% reflect, and doesn't want to run LOM at this stage anyway. So he maybe gets the weak fellowship brother reflect of shield brother, for modest inspire heals, and modest to arms/SOW benefits. Slightly helpful, but by no means a must have IMHO.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    In my opinion, Rallying Cry cooldown is the most important legacy you can have, and you should always have it. It's a huge change to the playstyle of any captain and you should get used to it. The fact that you can fire off three times as many of them will more than balance out the tactical healing rating loss if you choose not to upgrade to a higher level emblem when you can. (So basically, unless you're still using your starter LI at 75 or something silly like that, you should probably make sure you stick with emblems with RC CD, even if they're a bit lower leveled.)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizunas View Post
    How does to Arms help with leveling?
    Well.... helps with Blade Brother, but you won't see that until your 74... so that's a mental slip on my part.

    It's also only useful if you use a herald - and I'm still using mine more out of force of habit than any other reason.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Landroval

    Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

    Steam: Almagnus1

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    He is leveling and 45. That advice is more for end game. Assuming he is talking solo, I'd shoot for
    Weapon:
    Max out DPS legacy first
    PA targets ***
    PA Crit
    BOE
    Cutting attack
    Telling mark (maybe)

    Emblem
    Max out tac healing and RC cooldown first
    RC cooldown ***
    Vocal heals
    RC heals
    MC cooldown

    Ones with *** are only musts. Don't get obsessed though. You'll throw your LI away every few levels. Slot T1-T2 relics if you have them, and don't worry about losing them. To Arms is basically useless, as you don't have blade brother yet. SOW not very useful either. Telling Mark is OK for easier soloing, but I often use revealing solo anyway...
    Thanks. Thats exactly what I was looking for. Good advice

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    Why would you say that? He is just level 45. He has shield brother only. He MAY have fellowship brother legendary (available at 39, but may not have earned), but has no capstones for 100% reflect, and doesn't want to run LOM at this stage anyway. So he maybe gets the weak fellowship brother reflect of shield brother, for modest inspire heals, and modest to arms/SOW benefits. Slightly helpful, but by no means a must have IMHO.
    Bear in mind that, at that level, the splash healing of Inspire via FB is a somewhat bigger deal. Self-heals at that level are at something of a premium:

    - VS doesn't come until 58, and is on a long CD
    - The 6th class trait slot doesn't come until level 53; until that point, a Cappy going 4 deep in LtC has to choose between the MC heal and Now For Wrath

    That leaves Inspire splash as the only non-gated self-heal.

    Now, none of that has anything to do with improving the SoW legacy, I get that Just sayin', Inspire is a bigger help in that level range than you were implying.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload