We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Best weapon?

Best weapon?

Is any one weapon type generally better than the others? Should I use sword instead of mace, etc.?

If you will be doing a lot of fighting in melee range, you may want to choose a type of weapon your race has a bonus for and slot that racial trait. (For example, clubs for hobbits.) I believe this racial weapon damage bonus only applies to auto-attacks, but it might apply to Herald's Strike as well. Even though dwarf minstrels can equip axes and get an axe bonus, there are no legendary weapon axes for minstrels.

The ancillary weapon effects (critical rate, stun chance, +attack duration, etc.) only apply to auto-attacks. I've never found any of them to have a significant effect.

If you won't be hitting things with your weapon -- for example, you'll be using it primarily for healing in Melody (no) stance -- then just choose whichever type of weapon looks best to you.

Since I'm a hobbit, you'll usually see me with a club.

To make shopping easier on myself, I tend to use clubs made by whichever kinmate I decide to get my instrument from.
    The enemy of your enemy is trying to ninja your mob.