We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: crafting

crafting

Hi,

I am somewhat new to crafting because I have never really been too interested in this aspect of the game, but now I am starting to see some of the benefits of doing this in my spare time and have a question. My question is when crafting should I only focus on one of the three crafts given to me such as with an armsman should I only work on weapons because when I get to choose a guild I can only get recipes from that guild or should I try to focus on leveling all of my crafts to be more useful. Thanks in advance for the answers and advice.

You'll want to choose one gathering profession and one crafting profession to concentrate on. The gathering will allow you to craft for your actual profession much easier, and you can't be guilded with them anyway.

So if you're an Armsman, probably best to work on your Prospecting and Weaponsmithing. If you're a Yeoman, farming and cooking is where it's at. Tinker? Prospecting (again) and Jeweler.

You can worry about the third craft later, since you'll either need alts or need to buy a lot of mats in order to work on it at all.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    You'll want to choose one gathering profession and one crafting profession to concentrate on. The gathering will allow you to craft for your actual profession much easier, and you can't be guilded with them anyway.
    There are two exceptions to this: Explorer and Woodsman. These two vocations have only one producing profession and two gathering professions (all other vocations have two producing professions and only one gathering profession). So for Explorer and Woodsman you can work on both gathering professions at the same time.

For Explorer you have both Forester (feeds Tailor) and Prospector as the gathering professions. Work on both of these together. Otherwise you will have to go back to lower level areas or buy the ores on AH. By working on them together you can be selling the excess ores on AH. Besides ores, Prospector also gets you gems (for Jeweller) and special ingredients (for Scholar).

For Woodsman you have both Forester (feeds Woodworker) and Farmer as the gathering professions. Farmer can be worked on at anytime as you only need to be at a crafting facility (farm field). Besides crops (for Cook) you also get special ingredients (for Scholar).

To clarify what TinDragon said, the crafting guilds are for the producing professions only and not the gathering professions. So choosing the crafting guild for the producing profession that is associated with the gathering profession will make it easier since the character will be self-sufficient.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Quote Originally Posted by Penter-Kar View Post
    There are two exceptions to this: Explorer and Woodsman. These two vocations have only one producing profession and two gathering professions (all other vocations have two producing professions and only one gathering profession). So for Explorer and Woodsman you can work on both gathering professions at the same time.
    This is along the same lines as what I was saying (since gathering professions require less mats to max than their matching crafting professions require, you need to 'concentrate' on the one that matches, since even when the actual gathering is maxed your crafting one won't be) but I suck at explaining, so thank you for doing a significantly better job at it than I did.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]