We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hunters and Tactical Mastery

Is there any case that a Hunter uses Tactical Mastery? I can't think of any, but before I start respecting I just wanted to make sure.

Mine Tact Mastery Stat is at 2,949 with 1,430 coming from will (that is going to be reduced!!) and that means 1,519 is coming from other stuff.

BTW I stated playing the game from a RP point of view and pure instinct and thought "Tactical Mastery" seems like a good thing to be tactically aware..so I got me some!!

Anyway ....

Savin

It contributes to the heal from Agile Rejoinder, but that's about it.

I suspect, but can't prove, that tactical mastery may also contribute to Cry of the Predator.

Cry of the Predator doesn't do any physical damage, it fears a mob (wild beasts only) for a limited time. I suspect that this skill is actually a tactical skill (tank taunts that don't do any physical damage are also tactical skills), so tactical mastery should apply to it, but it's not a skill that gets used very often so I wouldn't build for tactical mastery on a hunter for that one skill.

I also wouldn't build for tactical mastery for the Agile Rejoinder heal, there's a LI legacy for that heal and it would be easier to equip gear with incoming healing rating (although that gear tends to be tank-centric) than to build for tactical mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by GarethB View Post
    Cry of the Predator doesn't do any physical damage, it fears a mob (wild beasts only) for a limited time. I suspect that this skill is actually a tactical skill (tank taunts that don't do any physical damage are also tactical skills), so tactical mastery should apply to it, but it's not a skill that gets used very often so I wouldn't build for tactical mastery on a hunter for that one skill.
    I'm fairly certain it is a tactical skill, but since the skill does no damage tactical mastery isn't gonna help you out with it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GarethB View Post
    I suspect, but can't prove, that tactical mastery may also contribute to Cry of the Predator.

I also wouldn't build for tactical mastery for the Agile Rejoinder heal, there's a LI legacy for that heal and it would be easier to equip gear with incoming healing rating (although that gear tends to be tank-centric) than to build for tactical mastery.
    It's a tactical skill, it factors with 'Cry' resistance, which is a specific resistance type on 'evil' characters (like Fire, Light, Song, etc). The only thing that effects its chance to hit is finesse, tactical mastery has nothing to do with it because tactical mastery only effects numeric values (damages, healing) and not effects or CCs (these are factored with resistances and finesse).

In short: hunters do not need tactical mastery for anything.
    Last edited by Kajil; Apr 22 2013 at 07:10 AM.

Tactical mastery for hunters basically gives a slight boost to our self heals, like agile rejoiner, press onward and strength of the earth. That said, you dont wanna actually try to invest in it, because well, its pretty pointless.
    tl;dr: it affects our heals a bit but, bleh!
    [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/2j5ider.jpg[/IMG]