We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Finesse and Hunters

I'm completely confused about finesse. I now know that its important because the Hytbold armor has finesse everywhere.

What I don't know is how finesse converts to the following stats:

My Finesse rating: 4,692
    - Reduces Resist by 12.2%
    - Reduces evade/parry/block by a TOTAL of 12.2%

Questions:
    1) Is the a % cap to the resist?
    2) How does the Finesse Rating convert to the resist rating% (it seems linear at about 2.4% per 1,000 Finesse.)

How does the reduction work? Lets say the mob has a parry chance of 16% and I have a 12.2% reduction, does that change the mobs chance of a parry to 3.8% or does it really only reduce it to about 14%.

the difference between the two approaches is huge!!

Savin

Not sure how it works for resist, but as far as I know the finesse is spread over all avoidances.

If your enemy can block, parry, and evade, that 12.2% would lower each of those by about 4%. If your enemy can only parry and evade, it'd lower each of those by 6.1% each.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

My understanding is that finesse is used mainly in instances/raids to make mobs and bosses in those instances/raids more challenging. Regular landscape mobs/bosses don't use finesse, or only use a limited amount of it (some of the landscape warbands in Rohan like Kramp and Bugud might use finesse).

What finesse does is boost the ability of a mob/boss to block/parry/evade and resist your attacks or other skills (a boss or mob with finesse might have an increased chance to resist taunts from a tank, which means the tank builds less aggro/threat on that mob/boss, or the mob/boss might have a higher chance to resist debuffs from an LM or Burg as another example).

The finesse on the gear you equip like Hytbold armor and some other items (some jewelry pieces also have finesse) is to balance out the finesse on the mobs/bosses. If your finesse is higher than the mob/boss, their chance to block/parry/evade/resist you will be reduced, so your skills will succeed more often. If their finesse is higher than yours, they will have a higher chance to block/parry/evade/resist you, so your skills will succeed less often.

The obvious question becomes, "How much finesse should I have?". I really don't know to be honest. I'm not a serious raider, so I don't equip gear because it has finesse. I look at the other stats on the gear and treat the finesse stat as something extra that is handy to have, but I don't select gear because of how much finesse it has.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

Quote Originally Posted by GarethB View Post
    If your finesse is higher than the mob/boss, their chance to block/parry/evade/resist you will be reduced, so your skills will succeed more often. If their finesse is higher than yours, they will have a higher chance to block/parry/evade/resist you, so your skills will succeed less often.
    This is not true at all. Your finesse compares to their BPE, and their finesse compares to your BPE. The two finesse numbers are never compared directly, your finesse cannot counter an opponent's finesse and vice versa.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]