We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: The Black Book of Ettenmoor

As some of you may have noticed, I haven't been around lately and this guide hasn't been updated in a while. Long story short, LotRO didn't turn out the way I had hoped so I sort of quit playing, just logging on once in a while to mess around in MP.

Seeing as how I'm not really playing any longer, and I believe the MP community can benefit from an up-to-date comprehensive guide, I fully release this guide to the community to modify and add to as they see fit. Hopefully someone out there writes their own comprehensive guide or builds on the Black Book so Orion (or whoever's modding the forum these days) can un-sticky this one and sticky theirs.

Thanks for supporting this guide and good luck.
    Last edited by Pandos; Jul 08 2007 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Talidoo View Post
    Very helpful guide, thanks!

One little thing to add... Neekerbreeker Ichor is used by scholars to make red dye. They definately have a use! I would be happy to take any Brandywine
    ichor that no one wants
    Pretty sure this guide was written from a MP perspective, and as such monsters have no uses for neekerbreeker ichors. (same way hides are listed as having no uses).
    Aranbor, lvl 50 Burglar - GM Scholar - Retired (RL calls)
    Rallos, lvl 25 Captain | Rathlin, lvl 31 Guardian
    Brandywine

Saw Goldhead on my Freep two days ago at TA. He was mauling some Trolls and we decided to help out. Can't heal him, so that sucked (I was a Freep, remember). I don't know what sets him off, but none of us were at TA when he showed up, we just got lucky on timing. He went with us all the way up to just before the Arch-Nemesis. Then some creep group killed him.

Anyway, he's a bear so bloody big that he gets ??? symbols crossing through archways trying to find a path. If you miss him on the attack you're either blind, or stoned.

deserves a sticky
    Haric - Hobbit Burglar, Landroval
    Telepluva - Elf Hunter, Gladden

Quote Originally Posted by Anguloke123 View Post
    Great list. Very informative.

Any chance we can get it updated with Ranks, infamy need for each and title of the rank?

I know not all have been discovered, but we do have the first 5-6.
    This info would be very useful. I'm having trouble finding it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620501000004cc5f/signature.png]Qillyu[/charsig]

I didn't see this mentioned, but not all the maps have a cool down of 30 mins. I have a Poor Quality TA map that drops me right by the keep and its timer has a 10 minute cool down, which i love. No idea what the best quality maps have, can't wait to find out.

Found out. Good maps have a 5 min cool down.
    Last edited by Hellsbane; Oct 06 2007 at 02:21 AM.

Poisoning the Hoardale only grants 125 DP.

Gorgoris the Gorger, Storming the Castle, Hourons of grimwood (gotten at Dar to loose trees on LC), One gotten from a wolf outside lugs to the south east and One other that makes a 22khp and 2 10khp attack the GC at ISEN. All these quests loose Nemesis with from 44khp to 184000 in the case of the tyrant for TA and are the best things to harras the freeps with. They think its a attack and if you have 2-3 ppl with the same quest you can chain it into them and help them kill some freep for easy INF while anther force attacks something. There is one for TR too im sure thou I dont know where it is and cant seem to find it.

Great post, great info. The maps need serious tweaking though. All the poor / good maps are just copied info from the crude map cooldowns / locations.

Poor maps have a 15m cooldown.

Good maps have a 5m cooldown (that is not shared by other good maps).

And the locations of poor / good maps differ from those of the crudes.

You do all realise the OP abandoned this thread ages ago?

Look back a few pages. Thats why it isnt updating.
    [b]Sokar - Rank 8 Uruk Warleader[/b]
    [url=http://tribesin.com]SiN[/url] {Co-Tyrant} - Elendilmir Tribe
    [url]http://my.lotro.com/angryweaponx[/url]
    His only regret, was he had so few to sacrifice.

Well, I've had some free time lately so I've updated this guide a little. Some of the data in it was just way outdated (129 silver for a tracking talisman o.O). Still missing some of the info for the new keep defence quests, but I should be able to get all that once the map if flipped back red

Looking through the quest notes, a lot of them could really be more informative to help out new creeps. I'll probably rewrite most of them and add some coordinates after I finish a new monster-play related guide I'm currently working on. That guide is going to require some testing to ensure the accuracy of certain sections, however, so it probably won't be posted for a couple weeks at least.

Like usual, if you have any additions, corrections, or suggestions drop me a PM.

I've got coordinates to many quests (the ones that are in a single location, and locs to the quest givers) in the Ettenmoors chapter of my manual. Feel free to rip and copy!

If it can help, i may have some info in the guide in my sig. If we could find a way to put everything here i would stop advertising it because all would be in this sticky.

Also, if you could put a link to Aklouie manual too that might be good. Let's make a compendium of everything good written creep side in that big sticky.

Good idea, I'll add links to both of your guys' guides so that they can be seen by more people who just browse through the stickies. If there's any other guides you think would be helpful, let me know and I'll add links to those as well.

I updated my sig to point to this thread instead. Access to everything at once.

Thanks for your work.

Poisening the Hoardale is only worth 125 DP now. Also, I don't think you put in the new quest at DG to slay a tree for a leafcull heartwood, which is then placed on a stump near the LC to summon trees that attack the LC but can aggro on you as well. You get 500 DP for it. This quest only opens up when freeps have the LC.
    Lvl 60 warden, lvl 60 rk, lvl 50 champ, lvl 45 captain, lvl 37 burg, lvl 32 LM, lvl 27 mini.
    R6 WL, r5 reaver, r5 weaver, r4 warg, r4 defiler, r2 BA.
    [COLOR=#808080][I]RIP Nidor of Brandywine, 1970-2012.[/I][/COLOR]

Awesome work!! *applause*

Request to change the font color of the quest notes, have to highlight just to read.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202010000075ed0/signature.png]Krakow[/charsig]

[i][url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Diamond]In the latter case it is often government that organizes the conquest, and religion that justifies it.[/url][/i] ~ Jared Diamond, Egalitarianism to Kleptocracy, Guns, Germs, and Steel.

That's pretty cool. Good job.

Great guide! I did catch a few inconsistencies though, that perhaps could be addressed whenever a revised version is put together...

1. The quests "Gorgoris the Gorger" (Grimwood LC) and "Slaughtering Eagles" (Isendeep) are both said to require Sun-touched Tailfeathers, while the quest "Feather for His Cap" (TR) is said to require Sun-touched Feathers. My question is, are these the same item (so, should the quest description for the TR quest be changed to read Sun-touched Tailfeathers)? And either way, there would need to be a modification in the item list (part D, post #10); if they are the same item, then the quest "Feather for His Cap" should be added to the item listing for Sun-touched Tailfeathers, and if they are not the same item, then a separate entry needs to be created for "Sun-touched Feathers."

2. There seems to be a slight confusion in terminology between Grimwood Kindling and Grimwood Branches. "Grimwood Kindling" is listed as required for two quests ("Easy Pickings" in LC and "Tools of the Mine" in Isen), but isn't listed at all in section D under items, while "Grimwood Branches" is listed in the items list in post #10 but not in the quest descriptions. I am presuming this had one name at one time and then got the name changed, but since I am not in-game right now I can't look up to see which is the (currently) correct name.

3. Someone else already mentioned it, but Poisoning the Hoardale is now only worth 125 DP. Also, I am 95% sure that completing the initial six "go visit..." quests and getting the GV map now only gives 500 DP, not 2500 as listed. (Unless, perhaps, it is 2500 DP on your first MP character and then only 500 DP on all subsequent ones?)

Thanks again for all the work you put into this! Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by MithrilSoul; Mar 31 2008 at 11:06 AM.
    Á auta mornië! i cala tula lennar! ("Flee, darkness! The light comes upon you!")

That is a hell of an info thread... Nice.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000003f2e7/01008/signature.png]Stryker[/charsig]
    Proud Founder, member of SoA Beta 2 and MoM Beta, Lifetime Subscription holder.
    Stryker, Son of Stall, Knight of Gondor and Guardian of the Free Peoples of Middle Earth![/center]

Reward: Title:Servant to Angmar; Item:Map to Gramsfoot; 2500 Destiny Points

Only 500 DP. Trust me.
    Team Milt.

LOL wow man if you wrote all that you realy need to find a job or something

Item: Morning-thaw Haunches used in Quest: Maw of Mazauk.

Quest: Maw of Mazauk: collect 75 Morning-thaw haunches: 2,000 Dp

there is a prereq, not sure what - i'm rank 1 weaver with passives and got it but my rank 0 don't. might need to control Lug as it falls in that catagory and his den is to the sw of lug.
    Lycka är en Alfen Jägaren.
    Not all of the information in this thread is accurate. Just so you know. ;) -MoL

Re: Fiend Folio?

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I iterate:
    I don't know of a freep ally that appears only when a point is controlled by creeps.

EDIT: New info regarding hostile trees.
    Excellent thread! Would only add this:

The one Freep NPC character that changes his location and availability based on who controls a keep is First Marshall An.

When Creeps control the Tol Ascarnen keep, First Marshall An can be found in the Elf Camp, just South of the main South bridge of TA. He can be killed by Creeps for a 2000 Destiny Point quest granted in the Orc camp to the West of TA.

The First Marshall can also be recruited by Freeps to assist in storming the creep-held TA keep if they have the corresponding items for a quest. (Don't have details on what is necessary to do this as of yet).

When Freeps control TA, the First Marshall can be found inside the keep, assisting the Captain-General upstairs in defense of the keep.

Skullabash, Rank 6 Warg Stalker
    The Unforgiven
    Vilya

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast