We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: The Black Book of Ettenmoor

Many thanks Pandos! By and far the best put together guide I've seen! Have linked to from our forums with the appropriate thank you's to you .
    Lamenting the loss of the infamous GHOST BEAR!! Hear from him now as he gives his views on all topics!

Thanks for the mob summary, Northman. I was considering adding a beastiary but decided against it.

One correction however, leafculls are definitely, without a doubt, aggressive. I just verified it in-game to make sure. All four types (fell-oaks, fell-maples, bramblethorns, and shade-lurkers) will aggro you simply for getting too close to them. You can also tell this by targetting them and looking at the color of their HP bar (red = aggressive, yellow = neutral). I suppose it's possible that it's effected by race, in which case they're at least aggro to orcs, as I tested it on my Reaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandos View Post
    Thanks for the mob summary, Northman. I was considering adding a beastiary but decided against it.

One correction however, leafculls are definitely, without a doubt, aggressive. I just verified it in-game to make sure. All four types (fell-oaks, fell-maples, bramblethorns, and shade-lurkers) will aggro you simply for getting too close to them. You can also tell this by targetting them and looking at the color of their HP bar (red = aggressive, yellow = neutral). I suppose it's possible that it's effected by race, in which case they're at least aggro to orcs, as I tested it on my Reaver.
    I can verify the race issue; although the leafculls will agro on a Warg, you have to get right up on them. I can roam that area with impunity as a Warg but avoid it completely as a Warleader.

Post Re: The Black Book of Ettenmoor

EDIT:
    It has been discovered that some races are aggressive with the trees and some are not.

Original response:
    I run through the leafculls all the time... through... not around... right through them. They have NEVER done anything to me except when I attacked a bog-lurker too close to them. I play a Warg strictly.

So. No. Leafculls are not aggressive. Check their morale meter. If it's yellow, it's not aggressive. Leafculls have yellow morale meters.

Be aware that ANY negative effects will aggro creatures. Keep in mind with regards to AoE and AoE Buffs/Debuffs.
    Last edited by Northman; May 05 2007 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Correction

Yeah, I said that in my post, red = aggressive, yellow = neutral. Leafculls' moral bars are red, at least to an Orc reaver. I tested it in-game and they will aggro, from a fairly good distance away, just by being in their aggro radius. Perhaps they interact differently with wargs, or maybe wargs just have a smaller aggro radius (passive bonus to being a stealth-type class maybe?).

***edit***
    Just tested it out on my stalker, and leafculls are neutral to Wargs. Quite an interesting development, apparently certain mobs in the Ettenmoors do react differently to different races of monsters. Might be useful to figure out the racial relations between the mobs and monsters of the Ettenmoors...
    Last edited by Pandos; May 05 2007 at 05:31 PM.

Question Very interesting...

Ah. Interesting... I wonder if they're neutral to Elves, but no other Freep...

Checked my bags, nothing in there that you don't already have! I'll be back if I ever see anything thats not there!

Again, great work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pandos View Post
    ***edit***
    Just tested it out on my stalker, and leafculls are neutral to Wargs. Quite an interesting development, apparently certain mobs in the Ettenmoors do react differently to different races of monsters. Might be useful to figure out the racial relations between the mobs and monsters of the Ettenmoors...
    I think its because wargs are not capable of carrying an axe.
    Ill bet they are neutral to spiders also.

"Gimli, lower your axe!"

BTW, terrific guide! 5 stars for sure.

Awesome guide Pandos!

You may have left out the most asked question though...

"How do you exit this?"

I swear! If i had a silver coin everytime i heard that one, i'd be swimming in millions of gold!

lol

I have one question, regarding titles.

Correct me if im wrong, it was probably late and i was a little tired. But I coulda sworn I saw someone with the title "Son of Vengeance/Vengance"

Now i did all the tier 3s except for Isendeep (couldnt be stuffed hitting 50 with 2 repeatable/solo quests), and i couldnt find anyone that gave this title.

Has anyone seen this? Or am I hallucinating and simply saw a mp char with the name "Son_of" standing next to my friend Vengance?

Probably the latter.

Considering the amount of time i spent trying to find this, i'd like confirmation (so i can sleep at night)

I do hope its some kind of hidden title, it's the coolest one so far.

And Vengance, if your reading this (probably laughing like hell...) you know where to find me.

Darkling
    Warleader
    Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by AngryWeaponX View Post
    You may have left out the most asked question though...

"How do you exit this?"
    Heh, yeah, I think that and "what's the point of this?" should be added to Orion's Q&A sticky

Quote Originally Posted by AngryWeaponX View Post
    Correct me if im wrong, it was probably late and i was a little tired. But I coulda sworn I saw someone with the title "Son of Vengeance/Vengance"

Now i did all the tier 3s except for Isendeep (couldnt be stuffed hitting 50 with 2 repeatable/solo quests), and i couldnt find anyone that gave this title.
    Those are blood-line titles. Not sure if it's still possible or not, but I know that back in open beta it was possible for monsters to adopt each other just like freeps. So basically, that guy you saw was the in-game /adopted son of another guy named Vengance.

Haha cool!

I'm gonna adopt an army!!!

Hey! Its close to a kinship....

PS
    You have too much dp...

I wasted alot on maxing 3 other chars.

Oh well, i still got 80 something left :P

Updated the guide a bit today. I've changed the format of some of the sections around a bit to make things a little more organized. I've also added a lot of new deeds and titles thanks to the new Lorebook site put up by Turbine. If you click on the quest titles now, it'll link you to their individual Lorebook page for additional info as well.

Great info!

One item I noticed on using the charms....They seem to be one use only then they disappear Not much bang for the silver if you ask me...

Happy Hunting!

Baggron

Pandos, great thread! I haven't given mp much of a go yet, but i'm looking forward to it.

Just one question, and i apologise if its one that makes anyone who's mp'd for more than 5 minutes roll their eyes, but what is dp for as a mp? I thought it wa for improving your creep, but as a poster a couple above me pointed out, you have a huge amount of dp in your pool. Does this mean your monster is maxed, or that you haven't spent much yet (or even both, i guess). Is there a guide for the improvements you can make to your creep, like the trait guides for freeps?

Thanks, and thanks again for an excellent thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum_Hamster View Post
    Just one question, and i apologise if its one that makes anyone who's mp'd for more than 5 minutes roll their eyes, but what is dp for as a mp? I thought it wa for improving your creep, but as a poster a couple above me pointed out, you have a huge amount of dp in your pool. Does this mean your monster is maxed, or that you haven't spent much yet (or even both, i guess). Is there a guide for the improvements you can make to your creep, like the trait guides for freeps?
    DP is used to buy new abilities and traits for your monster at the monster trainers in Gramsfoot and Dar-gazag. These abilities and traits have rank requirements, so my monsters are currently capped out for rank 0 and I've built up excess DP from doing quests. Basically, once I start gaining rank (PvMP hasn't really been very active on Nimrodel yet, unfortunately) I'll be able to max my monsters out without having to farm DP for a while.

As far as monster skill guides, I haven't seen any personally but there might be one. I've been trying to compile a list of all the monster skills/traits/descriptions/costs/etc... but I haven't had much time to work on it the past couple of weeks (procrastination + lab reports = )

Any access to FP info?

I'd love to know what quests I can prevent them from doing.
    Haknit -- War Leader, Founder of PUG Ugly

"I like to think you killed a man; it's the romantic in me."

I made an .xls if someone can format this better here is what I created to list all teh freep quests listed by where/who gives it to them, what they need, and where to lay ambush.

Drops/Kills
    Notes

Glan Vraig

Our Friends in Hoarhallow
    Sergeant-at-Arms Ascwyn
    One time quest

Ruins of Ost Ringdyr
    Sergeant-at-Arms Ascwyn
    One time quest

The Valourous
    Quartermaster Ash
    10 tokens of valour

Grimwood

End of the Wintersebb
    Lieutenant Swithulf
    Kill Wintersteb (group)
    Isendeep, South of Isendeep

Heft and Haft
    Lieutenant Swithulf
    Collect Grimwood logs/ isendeep ore
    Isendeep, South

Shafts for Arrows
    Marhal Nurdram
    small branches from leafcull-trees
    grimwood, Hithlad

Hoarhallow

Sundering the Snowreap
    Ned Claybrick
    Kill grothum Goblins
    Grothum

Wolves at Our Walls
    Emerald Twospade
    Kill wolves
    far SW, east of Lumber mill, se of Tol Ascarnen

Gifts From Hoarhallow
    Emissary Pip Diggins
    Collect Ale
    Grothum

Hoarhallow's Dwindling Food
    Emissary Pip Diggins
    Collect Food
    Grothum

Isendeep

reaping the Snow and Cold
    Lieutenant Osur
    Kill North Trolls
    Grothum, Arador (group)

Lugazag

Fangs for Arrows
    Lieutenant Sturla
    Collect Drake fangs
    Isendeep, South of Isendeep

Patching the holes
    Sergeant-at-Arms Ambeng
    Hides
    All over

Ost

Mouth of Shadow
    Lieutenant Octa
    Kill Shadowmaw wolves
    West

Tirith Rhaw

Guards of Lugazag
    Sergeant-at-Arms Mibrethil
    Kill Guards
    Lugazag (group)

Tos Ascarnen

Cleansing the Hoarwell
    Captain-General Tordúr
    Cleanse the water
    Waterfall above Hoardale

Crawlers of the Crags
    Quartermaster Cynwiss
    Kill Spiders
    Steps of Gram

Emergency Rations
    Lieutenant Solvi
    Collect Stolen Food
    Grothum

Flags of The Free Peoples
    Quartermaster Cynwiss
    Thistledown Aurochs
    West, South of Tol Ascarnen

Liquid Courage
    Lieutenant Solvi
    Hoarhallow Ale
    Grothum

Thieving orcs
    Lieutenant Solvi
    Collect Food sacks
    Grothum, Dar Gazag

Unknown start

Fiendish Foes
    Lieutenant Ingi
    Kill Snowreap Goblins
    Grothum

Leaders of the Goblins
    Lieutenant Ingi
    Kill Bok, Gasham
    Grothum

Got some items to add to the list:

Monstrous Sicklefly filth (value: 1s 12c) no use
    Monstrous Sicklefly wing (value: 3s 1c) no use

They drop off Monstrous Stingers which are found on a hill just east of the Waterfall (from the poison quest) 15.8 s, 15.9 w roughly.
    Haknit -- War Leader, Founder of PUG Ugly

"I like to think you killed a man; it's the romantic in me."

Well I went ahead and made 2 bloodlines in MP.

Then wondered why my friend couldnt get a female related bloodline title.

Eventually a GM told me "it is as per game design". They confirmed that there are not meant to be bloodlines in MP. Hence why are we able to make them?

In short, dont adopt anyone in MP, particularly if they're female. They might get offended with the son/father title :P

Also, you can only have 2 children, and each has to set their generation as such. There are no grand-father titles, ruling out my hope of forming a bloodline clan, lol.

As far as emotes are concerned, Wargs can howl with the /talk command.

This will output on the emote channel, "MonsterName is chatting with anyone willing to listen".

To make it work better, change your output channel to emote. Then type /talk howls.

That will cause your warg to howl, with the grey text "MonsterName howls."

I made a few aliases using that channel and command. Works well.

Another, perhaps a bug more than an emote. If your Uruk is standing on a slope, type /faint. This will cause him lean with the slope, with his feet flat on the ground.

If I find anymore I'll post them.

Darkling
    Arkenstone

[Now]
    Sokar
    Elendilmir
    Last edited by AngryWeaponX; May 29 2007 at 05:38 AM.

There is a quest from a Warg a little to the Southeast of the starting area, I think. He asks for 300 Morningthaw Haunch. I don't know what he does but it is probably the same as the spider.
    I just noticed since you had the Morningthaw Haunch as no known use and I didn't see the quest anywhere in your list.

Maybe I just missed it though.

Nice pickup. Ive never seen this. I'll check it out.

Edit: Lol duh. He will only show up if the freeps have Luga. Ive never seen Luga in freep control.

Sokar
    Warleader
    Elendilmir
    Last edited by AngryWeaponX; Jun 03 2007 at 06:22 PM.

Awesome work!! This will help all future Monster Players.

thank you very much for this. all your work is much appreciated.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000ad59c/01008/signature.png]Hambergler[/charsig]

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Yellow"][B]<-----------<<<~~~ 65) High Warden Nolandir, The Veteran[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Great list. Very informative.

Any chance we can get it updated with Ranks, infamy need for each and title of the rank?

I know not all have been discovered, but we do have the first 5-6.

Very helpful guide, thanks!

One little thing to add... Neekerbreeker Ichor is used by scholars to make red dye. They definately have a use! I would be happy to take any Brandywine
    ichor that no one wants

Neekerbreeker Ichor – “The chitin and innards of these fearsome insects can be used to make a vibrant red dye.”
    Dropped by: Hoardale Norbog; Hoardale Burrower
    Used by: <no known use> - Scholars - To make red dye
    Worth: 2s 7c

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast