We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Captain I choose you!

Hello. I'm Kizunas. You may remember me from such threads as: 'Captains vs Wardens' and 'Warden or Captain?'
    Ok, Ok. Perhaps a Simpsons reference doesn't belong in this generation.
    I decided to go with the Captain which is rather funny considering both of those threads were basically full of Warden is greater than Captain in every aspect but buffing.

A little about me:
    Now I am a perfectionist. I am not satisfied unless I'm on the right path to be the best. Not just at the level cap but all the time. It's just the kind of player I am. I don't wait until I hit 85 before getting traits. I get them as I level up. Unfortunately my experience with Lord of the Rings end game is very very limited. I played back during release. My highest was a level 40 loremaster. Then I took a break. I created a new account years later when the level cap was 70. I then reached level 63 Loremaster. Regrettably, I never got to try the Balrog. The whole gear that prevented dread from destroying you for the Watcher was beyond my reach at the time. So I never really experienced end game in this game. I recently came back (A few days ago, a year passed my last experience) and I decided to go with the Captain. Why? Who knows, I like the feel of it. I am extensive experience with MMOs of all kinds and I consider myself a above average gamer.

Why I'm here:
    I'm looking for a mentor for this game. I'm looking for people to point me in the right direction. I'm not the kind of person to look up the best build and only play that. I much prefer discovering the best build on my own based on information other players have given me on what's "best". I'm currently playing on Arkenstone. My Captains name is Fanthorn. If anyone on that server is willing to be a mentor or has a kinship they would like me to join, fantastic, but for now I'll use the forums. I have some Captain specific questions and game specific questions I'd like answered...

Game:
    What do you do in end game currently in Lord of the Rings online?

How active is the game still?

What keeps you going after downing xx boss?

Any general end game tips?

Captain:
    What virtues do you use for PvMP?

What virtues are optimal for End Game as Off Tank/Support/DPS? (Three different catagories)

What class traits are a must? (Like the routing cry one seemed like a must)

Which mastery path are optimal for end game?

Which mastery path is optimal for leveling?

What tips do you have for leveling?

Which soldier do you prefer for skirmishes? Seems between the hunter and warrior from speculation.

What stats do you focus on?

Any general captain tips?

Going with some of the questions, others will pick up where I am leaving off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizunas View Post
    What do you do in end game currently in Lord of the Rings online?
    Group, hang with peeps, go get slaughtered in the 'Moors.

How active is the game still?
    Active enough for my tastes XD

Any general end game tips?
    Spend time doing research before getting gear, and use Omen's gear calc to help plan out what you want.

What virtues do you use for PvMP?
    What virtues are optimal for End Game as Off Tank/Support/DPS? (Three different catagories)
    I use a universal set for all of the above:
    Zeal, Honour, Fidelity, Tolerance, Innoc

What class traits are a must? (Like the routing cry one seemed like a must)
    Now for Wrath until our power issues are fixed.

Other than that, it varies widely.

I would still grind out ALL of them. They all have uses, and whenever we get revamped, having the traits will be useful becausee you will get what they become (like what happened with our RoI revamp).

Which mastery path are optimal for end game?
    I went for heavy might, so I can do decently well with physical and tactical mastery (since might feeds into both).

Which mastery path is optimal for leveling?
    You don't get much choice in gear until you hit Dunland, because everything before it is gear based on the capped stat system (instead of the uncapped one as it is now).

That said, grab enough might gear as you can, and have enough vitality (and morale) so you don't go squish, and enough fate (and ICPR) so you don't run out of power. If you can edge in crit gear as you level, do it, but don't go out of your way for it.

What tips do you have for leveling?
    Red traits are your friends. You can do it all with a herald (but switch to an archer once you get it), or with a banner.

Which soldier do you prefer for skirmishes? Seems between the hunter and warrior from speculation.
    I really like soloing with the Sage. Herbalist is a must have for grouping though.

Fortunately, you can grind out both because the trainings overlap a bit.

What stats do you focus on?
    Might and crit at endgame. Be careful not to min/max it too much, or you become a glass cannon - while useful in 3 and 6 man content, that build type can be hazardous in raids, and it's ill advised in the 'Moors.

Any general captain tips?
    Grind out all of your class traits. If they change, you'll be thankful for them.

Oh, and grind out BoN's deed in the 'Moors. Much more fun that way =)
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Landroval

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Steam: Almagnus1