I wanted to post some issues with the hunter's Greater Erebor armour bonuses. Precisely, the 4-pieces bonuses on the Bowmaster and Hunstman sets.
(1) Greater Erebor Bowmaster 4 pieces : Focus Bow attacks have a chance to reset the cooldown of Heart Seeker and make it an instant cast
When the bonus procs, the cooldown is actually reset and you get a buff called "Heart Seeker" which makes it an instant cast.
However, this buff only lasts 20seconds, wich means that you can "let it slip through your fingers".
I feel sort of cheated as I expected it to work like the Improved Scourging Blow/Barbed Arrow combination : using Scourging Blow gives a buff that makes the next Barbed Arrow an instant cast. This buff is only consumed when barbed arrow is fired or you are out of combat for more than 9seconds.
Why does the Heart Seeker buff not work the same as the Improved Scourging Blow/Barbed Arrow one, while it is phrased the same way ?
If this is truely WAI, maybe the bonus tooltip should be more explicit... Sometimes I want to have the HS proc (instant cast), and keep it for a specific occasion (for exemple, Berserkers at Flight to the Lonely Mountain). With the current proc chance, it is rather unlikely to be refreshed within 20seconds, even if not consummed
(2) Greater Erebor Huntsman 4 pieces : Focus Bow attacks have a chance to give you a Mitigation Penetration bonus
On another thread, someone posted this :
The mitigation penetration buff (Bodkin Arrows) has no effect on the following skills/damage :
-Swift Bow's second and third attacks (first attack works as intended)
-Barbed Arrow bleeds (initial shot works as intended)
To figure this, I attacked the Snowbourne lvl85 dummy while wearing equipement that ensured my stats were constant (no agility/critical rating proc items) and made sure no one around buffed me or debuffed the dummy, at all times. Here are the numbers :
- Ranged Auto Attacks : (with - withouth Bodkin Arrows)
-critical hits : 641 - 641
-devastating hits : 713 - 713
- Quick Shot :
-critical hits : 1157 - 1318
-devastating hits : 1600 - 1821
- Barbed Arrow :
-critical hits : 1306 - 1487
-devastating hits : 1805 - 2056
- Swift Bow : (1st/2nd/3rd attack)*
-critical hits : 1407/1407/1048 - 1603/1407/1048
-devastating hits : 1946/1946/1449 - 2216/1946/1449
- Penetrating Shot :
-critical hits : 1968 - 2176
-devastating hits : 2711 - 2997
- Blood Arrow :
-critical hits : 2699 - 3028
-devastating hits : 4336 - 4864
- Barbed Arrow bleed (dot)** :
-non-critical hits : 237 - 237
-critical hits : 419 - 419
I obviously could not test Merciful Shot (because of the morale gate), and did not have the time to try it with Heart Seeker, Rain of Arrows, melee and CC skills.
Yet this should be enough to show that there is a problem with this armour set bonus.
* The first and second attack for Swift are supposed to have the same damage (from skill tooltip), wich is consistent with the damage got without the Bodskin Arrows Buff. The fact that they are not affected the same way by this buff is rather odd.
**To test the barbed arrow bleed, I made sure I applied the skill (and thus the dot) while I had the Bodkin Arrows buff. Non critical and critical are fixed damage (no range). Cannot devastate
Those numbers were obtained with the following stats :
- 37852 psysical mastery (+119.1% ranged damage from tooltip)
- 9513 critical rating (+27.2% critical multiplier)
- +8% focus bow critical multiplier (dagger)
- +5.7% induction bow critical multiplier (cardolan token)
- 13% critical multiplier (precision - main hand legacy)
- +10% critical multiplier (2 red traits bonus - 4 slotted)
- True Shot, Strong Draw and Swift and True slotted
I have not takend the time to /bug it in game yet, but still wanted to bring this to everyone's attention.