We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Issues with Greater Erebor 4 pieces bonuses

I wanted to post some issues with the hunter's Greater Erebor armour bonuses. Precisely, the 4-pieces bonuses on the Bowmaster and Hunstman sets.

(1) Greater Erebor Bowmaster 4 pieces : Focus Bow attacks have a chance to reset the cooldown of Heart Seeker and make it an instant cast

When the bonus procs, the cooldown is actually reset and you get a buff called "Heart Seeker" which makes it an instant cast.

However, this buff only lasts 20seconds, wich means that you can "let it slip through your fingers".

I feel sort of cheated as I expected it to work like the Improved Scourging Blow/Barbed Arrow combination : using Scourging Blow gives a buff that makes the next Barbed Arrow an instant cast. This buff is only consumed when barbed arrow is fired or you are out of combat for more than 9seconds.

Why does the Heart Seeker buff not work the same as the Improved Scourging Blow/Barbed Arrow one, while it is phrased the same way ?

If this is truely WAI, maybe the bonus tooltip should be more explicit... Sometimes I want to have the HS proc (instant cast), and keep it for a specific occasion (for exemple, Berserkers at Flight to the Lonely Mountain). With the current proc chance, it is rather unlikely to be refreshed within 20seconds, even if not consummed

(2) Greater Erebor Huntsman 4 pieces : Focus Bow attacks have a chance to give you a Mitigation Penetration bonus

On another thread, someone posted this :
    Quote Originally Posted by aruthir View Post
    Has anyone tested Mitigation Penetration Buff on different ranged skills? My tests on Level 85 elite dummies show me that auto-attacks and ISB doesnt get any benefit from mitigation buff, can anyone confirm this?
    So I actually spent some time experimenting this, and this is what I got (see numbers below) :

The mitigation penetration buff (Bodkin Arrows) has no effect on the following skills/damage :
    -Auto Attacks
    -Swift Bow's second and third attacks (first attack works as intended)
    -Barbed Arrow bleeds (initial shot works as intended)

To figure this, I attacked the Snowbourne lvl85 dummy while wearing equipement that ensured my stats were constant (no agility/critical rating proc items) and made sure no one around buffed me or debuffed the dummy, at all times. Here are the numbers :

- Ranged Auto Attacks : (with - withouth Bodkin Arrows)
    -critical hits : 641 - 641
    -devastating hits : 713 - 713

- Quick Shot :
    -critical hits : 1157 - 1318
    -devastating hits : 1600 - 1821

- Barbed Arrow :
    -critical hits : 1306 - 1487
    -devastating hits : 1805 - 2056

- Swift Bow : (1st/2nd/3rd attack)*
    -critical hits : 1407/1407/1048 - 1603/1407/1048
    -devastating hits : 1946/1946/1449 - 2216/1946/1449

- Penetrating Shot :
    -critical hits : 1968 - 2176
    -devastating hits : 2711 - 2997

- Blood Arrow :
    -critical hits : 2699 - 3028
    -devastating hits : 4336 - 4864

- Barbed Arrow bleed (dot)** :
    -non-critical hits : 237 - 237
    -critical hits : 419 - 419

I obviously could not test Merciful Shot (because of the morale gate), and did not have the time to try it with Heart Seeker, Rain of Arrows, melee and CC skills.
    Yet this should be enough to show that there is a problem with this armour set bonus.

* The first and second attack for Swift are supposed to have the same damage (from skill tooltip), wich is consistent with the damage got without the Bodskin Arrows Buff. The fact that they are not affected the same way by this buff is rather odd.
    **To test the barbed arrow bleed, I made sure I applied the skill (and thus the dot) while I had the Bodkin Arrows buff. Non critical and critical are fixed damage (no range). Cannot devastate

Those numbers were obtained with the following stats :
    - 37852 psysical mastery (+119.1% ranged damage from tooltip)
    - 9513 critical rating (+27.2% critical multiplier)
    - +8% focus bow critical multiplier (dagger)
    - +5.7% induction bow critical multiplier (cardolan token)
    - 13% critical multiplier (precision - main hand legacy)
    - +10% critical multiplier (2 red traits bonus - 4 slotted)
    - True Shot, Strong Draw and Swift and True slotted

I have not takend the time to /bug it in game yet, but still wanted to bring this to everyone's attention.
    Last edited by Gabli; Apr 17 2013 at 08:12 PM.

Hmm...sucks hs proc cant be used whenever you want, that would have been quite an addition to existing rotations. If that was the case hs legacy>barb bleed

As for the huntsman, having all sb hits benefit(with swift true) would have been super nice. im so glad to see that diff. With bodkins! Thats alot of 'free' damage from buff. Would add up fast if you are blue lined..1 ps-ba per sec maintained..over the course of like a 3-5min...
    Whats the buff duration?refresh rate would be pretty high in raids. Do you have ToO gonathradir set? Wonder if bodkins stacks with gonath's -1200 phys/tact mit debuffs..not sure of the exact value...somewhere around that area. I used to switch gonath to faron cuzit was a nice raidwide buff, easier to switch now cuz its 4set bonus.

Did you use breachfinders/light oils?
    Thx for the numbers btw, much a appreciated
    Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.
    From Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone | Asylum | No-QQ

well as far as the huntsman set it does work as intended but it definately seems like more then 8% for crits.

I think the multiplier is in the skill not the attacks so thats why sb only shows a difference in the first arrow.

Auto attacks really don't seem to be affected by a lot of things no surprise there.

See if you can figure out why the crit/dev damage seems so much higher then 8% in my opinion as a blue line
    traited hunter its by far the best set if you can maintain power.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvadrin View Post
    well as far as the huntsman set it does work as intended but it definately seems like more then 8% for crits.

I think the multiplier is in the skill not the attacks so thats why sb only shows a difference in the first arrow.

Auto attacks really don't seem to be affected by a lot of things no surprise there.

See if you can figure out why the crit/dev damage seems so much higher then 8% in my opinion as a blue line
    traited hunter its by far the best set if you can maintain power.
    There is no mystery in the higher percentage observed.

The 4set bonus (which I use and really really love ) does not give a direct increase to hunter's damage. It tells "Attacks bypass 8% of your target's mitigation". Duration is 9 seconds, chance to get this buff is about 10%.

Lets see how it works and assume that your skill hits for 100 points of morale.
    A mob with 20% mitigation will be hit for 80 points.
    A mob with 40% mitigation will be hit for 60 points.

Now with the buff:
    A mob with 20% mitigation has only 12% now and will be hit for 88 points.
    A mob with 40% mitigation has only 32% now and will be hit for 68 points.

In our parses we see only the result with all mitigations taken into account. So we compare 80 vs 88 (10% increase in damage if you look at this numbers) and 60 vs 68 (13.3% observed increase in damage)

The very nice data presented by OP shows about 13.8% increase in critical and devastate damage for skills like Quick shot and Barbed arrow. I would conclude that the target has about 40% mitigation (or more if the Breach Finder was also used in the test). Also note that the observed increase for the Penetrating Shot is only 10.5% and it can be either due to the True Shot trait slotted for this parse or due to inherited properties of this penetrating skill.
    Last edited by Lunasa; Apr 18 2013 at 06:32 AM.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Kadarka - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotp3a View Post
    Hmm...sucks hs proc cant be used whenever you want, that would have been quite an addition to existing rotations. If that was the case hs legacy>barb bleed
    This is exactly what I wanted to do, since I had expected it to work the same way the already existing similar buff (scourging/barbed) works...
    I sort of hope this is just a misunderstanding and that it will be "fixed" anytime soon

Whats the buff duration?refresh rate would be pretty high in raids. Do you have ToO gonathradir set? Wonder if bodkins stacks with gonath's -1200 phys/tact mit debuffs..not sure of the exact value...somewhere around that area. I used to switch gonath to faron cuzit was a nice raidwide buff, easier to switch now cuz its 4set bonus.
    Bodkin Arrows is 8% mitigation penetration for 10sec, and the proc rate seems to be somewhere close to 10%, as Lunasa says.
    I don't see no reason why it should not "stack" with the Gonathradir proc, as the latter is a target debuff while the former is a self buff (hunters are selfish ).
    I did play with Gonathradir at the end of RoI (4r/3b, switched Cudur for BH), but am rather unsure about switching this set now everytime you use Swift Bow, as you would loose a lot of stats and potentially a lot of damage. If I currently had to switch in a different set for this skill, it would the Hytbold Bowmaster one (that -3s CD is awesome for a 4r/3b build).

Did you use breachfinders/light oils?
    No. The only "buffs" in my bars were Find the Path, Precision Stance and Bodkin Arrows when I wanted to check its influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvadrin View Post
    No, it is definitely not working as intended in my opinion. The bonus reads "[...] have a chance to give you a Mitigation Penetration bonus", not "[...] on some skills but not all of them, because of no reason".

As for the damage gained from the penetration buff, Lunasa's response is accurate and the numbers to explain how it works speak for themselves.
    It is consistent with the fact that Improved Penetrating Shot sees a lesser relative damage improvement (in %), as it already benefits from innate penetration buff, and True Shot was slotted.
    However, I wonder why Bodskin Arrows seem to also have a lesser relative impact on Blood Arrow (12,2%) than other skills such as Quick Shot or Barbed Arrow (13,9%), even though Blood Arrow is not supposed to have additional armour penetration.

This thing makes me want to check wether Breach Finders do work an all skills or not... maybe those are actually "bugged" like Bodskin Arrows ?

This thing makes me want to check wether Breach Finders do work an all skills or not... maybe those are actually "bugged" like Bodskin Arrows ?
    Breach-Finders works on any ranged skill, but it doesn't cover auto-attacks or DoTs. And thank you very much for taking your time to test bodkin arrows
    Ze.