We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

[EVENTS] Green Dragon Friday 5th Anniversary, April 26 and May 3

Green Dragon Friday is five years old! The first Green Dragon Friday was held in the month of May 2008. Ever since, hobbits have met weekly in Bywater, for songs, dancing, poetry, stories, riddles, gossip, news, quarreling, laughs and a jolly good time.

Since we’re now nearing the fifth anniversary for the event, we have to celebrate hobbit-style. And here are the plans:

Warmup party, Friday April 26th

• GDF limerick night – bring yer best limericks about the Green Dragon and Green Dragon Friday
    • The Grand GDF Anniversary Meal
    • Anniversary fireworks display

Time: 8PM UK/BST (3PM servertime)

Main party, Friday May 3rd

• Party held outside of the Green Dragon! (unless the weather is bad)
    • The annual pie baking competition
    • Anniversary speech
    • Arts competition prizes
    • The Green Dragon Anniversary Song
    • Anniversary fireworks display
    • Much dancing and merriment

Time: 8PM UK/BST (3PM servertime)

Competitions and entertainers

Two competitions are planned:

Else, obviously we need limericks for the warmup party on April 26th, plus entertainers for both parties. Hobbit bands are especially welcome!

More information

Remember that Green Dragon Friday are events for hobbits, with the odd travelling dwarf welcome. There are lore reasons as to why we ask longshanks to not attend these events. Information about that, plus more detailed information about the parties and how to get involved right here.

Event contact: Lina
    Lina Willowwood, biscuit-eating bard on Laurelin
    Hobbit RP? Grand Order of the Lost Mathom
    Songs + videos on me biscuity burrow

Seeking pie bakers and artists!

The Green Dragon 5th anniversary is just around the corner, and I would like to invite yer to participate in the following special events

Friday April 26th is limerick night! Write yer favourite limericks about the Green Dragon or Green Dragon Friday, and come entertain the hobbits!

The arts competition has started! Send in your best poem, riddle, story, song, screenshot, painting/drawing or similar, related to the Green Dragon or Green Dragon Friday, and you can win prizes! Do so before April 30th! More information here!

The pie baking competition will be held Friday May 3rd. Some brave hobbits have already signed up, but there is still room for more! Just read the competition rules here!

Else, entertainers are very welcome on both party nights, April 26th and May 3rd. Just let me know in advance if yer have something for the crowds.

The Warmup party is tonight!

* Limericks - bring yer best ones about the Green Dragon or Green Dragon Friday!
    * The Grand Anniversary Meal
    * Fireworks
    * Entertainment and news

Welcome hobbits! 8PM UK in Bywater as usual!

I probably won't be able to come up with a suitable entry for the competition. All I can think of are turnips.

I saw a turnipy entry anyways, master Bonkadoc! *cheers'

Tonight's the night, our 5th anniversary party! Bring fireworks and merry moods, hobbits!

Here is what yer can look forward to:

• Party held outside of the Green Dragon! (unless the weather is bad)
    • The annual pie baking competition!
    • Anniversary speech!
    • Prizes for the arts competition, which closed earlier this week! Some of the entries will be performed tonight!
    • The Green Dragon Anniversary Song!
    • Anniversary fireworks display!
    • Much dancing and merriment!

See yer there! And please remember that Green Dragon Friday is, has always been and will be a hobbit event, with dwarven travellers welcome.