We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

I've had an epiphany.........

I was talking with some peeps irl the other day, and our conversation was centered around recycling, and trying to lessen our negative impact on this planet, and while doing so, I came to the realization that the peeps that choose not to recycle household waste (when the ability is provided to them via bins, curbside or common area pick up, etc.) seem to do so for at least one, if not all, of three reasons.

1)Lazy

2)Selfish

3)Spiteful

And in watching the last few gratz threads roll by on these boards, I believe the same standard applies to the peeps that view those threads, but don't take the time, or have the courtesy, to gratz a community member on a nice accomplishment.

Doesn't matter if they're your kinmate, friend, nemesis, cousins brothers mother, whatever.

I think it's petty and small, and i'm not too interested in the reasonings.

Yes, Gladden pvp has seen brighter days, and also seen some better players leave over time, but that's no reason to abandon our sense of community, comraderie, and basic respect for our fellow players. It's a nice feeling to be recognized by your peers for that accomplishment or a job well done.

So my question to the 130+ peeps that viewed the latest gratz thread yet chose not to reply........are you done with gratzing peeps then?

If not, please remember...do unto others as you would have them do unto you........and i'm the most un-religious peep you will ever meet.

Be nice, be respectful, be kind and generous.

And before you decide to flame me...just think about it.

I'm done.

Last edited by Althorion; Apr 17 2013 at 01:28 PM.

In regards to congratulating people in threads... If I don't like someone or don't feel they deserve the grats due to their playstyle, I simply won't grats them, nor will I bash them however. I will bash someone if in the case if said person makes their own grats thread to show how egotistic they are about oneself even if they are garbage at their class and the game.

In regards to making grats thread for people in the past... I only made grats threads for people in the past if I felt like they deserved it and after they achieved a certain rank, depending on the expac. Back when RoI was here for example, I only made grats threads for people rank 10+, as the lower ranks weren't becoming as much of an accomplishment due to time gone by.

Now, if I were to play again, I just don't see the point making a grats thread for someone seeing how easy they have been making ranks to get now presumably with the keep infamy/renown increase. Unless it was a real prestigious rank that's still relatively hard to get like rank 14-15, perhaps even 13, then I'd make one. That's just what I think though.

I never even liked when people made grats posts for me, I just liked to rank and go about my business. I never proclaimed when I ranked or anything in OOC or glff that I can recall, but if people saw me ranked, it was up to them to make one for me. Though I didn't care if people made one for me I did appreciate them , sounds contradictory and hypocritical, but it isn't really heh.

Those people that I know that still play this game though and get what I classify as "lower" ranks now that I think deserve it, good for you tho . Freep (and creep still obv) rank matters now due to those buffs they added though, so rank as much as you can as fast as you can, I guess.
    Last edited by MedullaAbShlonggata; Apr 17 2013 at 01:57 PM.

Allow me to post but two quick screen shots quickly...

I congratulate the people I know, like or respect. thats it, you didnt come knocking on my grats thread so dont speak bull unless you follow it up. Hey random stranger, thats a good job! You dont go congratulate random people you meet with their birthdays...
    Do you come from a land down under? Where women glow and men plunder? Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder? You better run, you better take cover - Men at Work.
    You're welcome. Now it will fester in your head :p

Rofl, I can only assume my gratz was rescinded after I said Taldag's medical issues were no reason to act like a raging female dog in-game. Woe is me~

Personally I congratulate mah friends and folks I think are pretty keen. If I don't like you or have no real strong feelings about you I may or not post an indifferent 'gratz'

But I'm a mean person.

I'm all three

1)Lazy

2)Selfish

&

3)Spiteful

I am a Creep after all..

Besides, when I can go from rank 1 to 11 in just over a yr.. It's not that much of an accomplishment as compared to how tough it use to be.
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

Thanks for the postings and the reasonings, but like I said initially......

Quote Originally Posted by Althorion View Post
    .....I think it's petty and small, and i'm not too interested in the reasonings.

Quote Originally Posted by MedullaAbShlonggata View Post
    .......Though I didn't care if people made one for me I did appreciate them .

And therein lies my point.^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    I congratulate the people I know, like or respect. thats it, you didnt come knocking on my grats thread so dont speak bull unless you follow it up. Hey random stranger, thats a good job! You dont go congratulate random people you meet with their birthdays...

I respected your play and if I didn't gratz you i can only imagine it was quid pro quo for you not gratzing others around the same time.

And I guess that's not really fair though, so GRATZ on rank!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shau'nac View Post
    Rofl, I can only assume my gratz was rescinded after I said Taldag's medical issues were no reason to act like a raging female dog in-game. Woe is me~

Personally I congratulate mah friends and folks I think are pretty keen. If I don't like you or have no real strong feelings about you I may or not post an indifferent 'gratz'

But I'm a mean person.

Same thing here, I had gratzd you, then West ranked to 12, and hardly anyone gratzd him, including you, so I retroactively went back and rescinded.

But again, that's petty of me, so GRATZ again on rank Paps!!!

Peeps all have their parameters, as you do obviously, yet if you've ever grouped with someone, thrown them a heal or a helping hand, i'm at a loss as to why someone wouldn't take a sec to gratz them on rank.

I liken it to saying thank you, you're welcome, good job, or have a nice day.

I think those are things one could consider common courtesy, but I guess i could be wrong. O.o

Anyway, i've made my point, and while i respect those opinions presented here, I don't necessarily agree with them.

Just think about what I said.

Peace.......

Thanks for the postings and the reasonings, but like I said initially......

And therein lies my point.^^^

I respected your play and if I didn't gratz you i can only imagine it was quid pro quo for you not gratzing others around the same time.

Same thing here, I had gratzd you, then West ranked to 12, and hardly anyone gratzd him, including you, so I retroactively went back and rescinded.

But again, that's petty of me, so GRATZ again on rank Paps!!!

Peeps all have their parameters, as you do obviously, yet if you've ever grouped with someone, thrown them a heal or a helping hand, i'm at a loss as to why someone wouldn't take a sec to gratz them on rank.

I liken it to saying thank you, you're welcome, good job, or have a nice day.

I think those are things one could consider common courtesy, but I guess i could be wrong. O.o

Anyway, i've made my point, and while i respect those opinions presented here, I don't necessarily agree with them.

Just think about what I said.

Peace.......
    Like I said tho, if you wanna make a grats thread for me, go ahead, that's nice of you, but I'm not gonna cry for one or make one for myself (like a certain cappie has) haha. I thrive off real life accomplishments, making a big deal out of E-accomplishments for what I now see as the lower tiered ranks, especially with how easy ranking is now apparently, isn't much to grats; this is moreso the case when I don't think said persons deserve rank hehe, but that's my take on it.

Well atleast you're mature about it and yes. You are right, people should congratulate everyone, but with these forums you can almost make a rank before you can write a forum post.
    Ty btw, though I made my rank months back.
    Do you come from a land down under? Where women glow and men plunder? Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder? You better run, you better take cover - Men at Work.
    You're welcome. Now it will fester in your head :p

Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    Well atleast you're mature about it and yes. You are right, people should congratulate everyone, but with these forums you can almost make a rank before you can write a forum post.
    Ty btw, though I made my rank months back.
    If everyone was to congratulate everyone, how would we know who's the most or least popular?
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

Althorr, have you gone to all the other grats posts on other servers and congradulated them? After all, every one deserves it, right? Let's not be lazy. Mmk?

Once you have then I will consider your epiphany.

PS> I grats people I play with/against and know, whether there is hate or love. You can call me meany pants(less) and shallow, but I like my grats to be honest and sincere.
    Last edited by the_blah; Apr 19 2013 at 09:01 PM.
    Clown • Reject • Gigabytes

Althorr I almost posted a gratz in one of your gratz threads but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.. Let's consider this? First off, you play a hunter, the easiest class to rank in the Moors. Secondly, you are a johnny-come-lately in the grand scheme of things (that would be like congratz to Ronnug for reaching rank 11 in just over a yr). I find it a little insulting to the real vets in this game.

Let's face it, ranking isn't really that much of an accomplishment these days and especially on a hunt that can easily farm 15k to 18k of renown in a day http://dailystats.theblackappendage....oday?w=Gladden

However, congratz on beating Vic to Rank 13 (you two little peas in a pod )..