We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is this what people do?

Hello, I've played this game since launch and have put up with the LI system, every time I hit the cap I'll grab a new top level one and hope for good legacies (Usually I get ones that I like) Some are major and some are minor.

I realise having all majors on an LI would be good, but how do you go about doing this? Levelling up other LI's and deconstructing them for a decent Major legacy? (If there is one)

Also I know you can add Emblems (In the crafted section) Such as Emblem of Will which gives something like +40 on my new LI Sword. But I see some people have Legacy stats, so in place of a legacy they have + Will/ +Vitality.

How do I go about doing this? Is that in place of a legacy or is it a new slot?

I guess I'm just asking for a basic tutorial for a system I've used for years! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Tailborn View Post
    Hello, I've played this game since launch and have put up with the LI system, every time I hit the cap I'll grab a new top level one and hope for good legacies (Usually I get ones that I like) Some are major and some are minor.

I realise having all majors on an LI would be good, but how do you go about doing this? Levelling up other LI's and deconstructing them for a decent Major legacy? (If there is one)

Also I know you can add Emblems (In the crafted section) Such as Emblem of Will which gives something like +40 on my new LI Sword. But I see some people have Legacy stats, so in place of a legacy they have + Will/ +Vitality.

How do I go about doing this? Is that in place of a legacy or is it a new slot?

I guess I'm just asking for a basic tutorial for a system I've used for years! ^^
    im not really sure if the info you are after is here...but check it out if you havent. it might tell you what you need.

http://archive.lotro.com/news/2099-legendary-items-101

Tailborn I am assuming you are talking about the stat legacy scrolls. These can be gained from quests / from legacy combines and from the shop . You can use a scroll to add a tier 1 or tier 4 stat instead of the legacy on the item - A great many hunters use them on their melee weapons as most legacies on the melee are melee related so replacing them with a stat boost which you can further enhance like any other legacy can be a better choice .

depending on the class and the legacies u best need to perform your role, majors are better in theory, but not necessarily in practice. ive seen ppl build their perfect LIs with 1 major and 5-6 minors b/c those happen to be the legacies they need most to heal, dps, or whatever. as cited b4, hunters often replace many legacies on their melees with stat legacies b/c how useful is boosting their melee dps really? stat legacies can be purchased for 250 marks at Handirion (hope i spelled that right) in Enedwaith. usually u at least want to add at least 1 stat legacy of your main stat to each LI i.e. a will legacy on each LI for a caster in place of a trivial legacy to boost your mastery or whatnot. we could maybe give more specific advice if u mention what class specifically u run most?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000008cd9a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rasmaren-100 Hunter / Mallethwen-100 Lore-Master / Raslo-100 Minstrel / Agentmulder-100 Captain / Bramgarrok-85 Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Tailborn View Post

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Legendary_Items_Guide has very very nice info.

All majors may or may not be helpful. Depends on your class and your legacies desired. For Captions, for example, it is considered helpful to have 5 majors on your healing emblem, but more might or might not be a win. There is no way (other than luck) to get all majors. All items start with 3, and get 3 additional at 10/20/30 reforges. The 3 adds can be minor or major. You can use the legacy replacement scrolls to convert a major to a minor, but you can't convert a minor to a major by any means I know of. You can add 1 major using a crystal of remembrance (or a store item), so you can force at least 4 majors onto any item...

Here is a nice link to make your eyes bleed with too much information:
    http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Legendary_Items_Guide

As far as getting all majors, it is a random process.
    When you ID a weapon, it will start with 3 random majors.

Each reforge up to 30 has a very minor chance of giving another major legacy, which means chances are VERY good that you will end up with a LI with 3 majors, and 3 minors.

Using the Legacy scrolls that you get from an LI that is deconned after level 30, you can always replace a minor with a minor, a major with a minor (and thereby reduce your total major legacy count) but you can't replace a minor with a major.

There is another item "Crystal of Remembrance" that adds another major slot to your weapon for a total of 7 slots that can be replaced with either major or minor legacy.

HTH
    85 RK | 85 CHMP | 75 BRG | many others

also, its been rumored that one of the uses of the horseshoe is that it increases the chance of getting majors when u reforge, so it wouldn't hurt to keep that equipped for luck
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000008cd9a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rasmaren-100 Hunter / Mallethwen-100 Lore-Master / Raslo-100 Minstrel / Agentmulder-100 Captain / Bramgarrok-85 Guardian

An alernative approach is to consider that the LI system is fundamentally broken, that items like "Sting" and Glamdring exist in the books but not in the game (at least not for players).

Having realised this just grind away endlessly but with far lower expectations than you perhaps, like many others, had initially and simply substitute the term "Legendary Item" with "Disposable Make-work Device".

The appalling treatment of so called "Legendary Items" in this game is just another entry in a catalogue of failures.
    < This signature for rent, payable in TP to offset the cost of the new Pay2Win culture. >