We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Smile PvMP Spear Video

    Just a taste of PvMP in spear line for anyone interested, enjoy

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ABx4...nBDqhChv8k91XA

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by juiceyhammo View Post
    Just a taste of PvMP in spear line for anyone interested, enjoy

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ABx4...nBDqhChv8k91XA
    Nice vid, you're pumping out some serious damage there.

    One thing I noticed: you almost always lead with boar's rush in assailment then follow with combination strike, even when the target isn't likely to flee, or when using ambush anyway. Why not lead with Combination strike then follow with boar's rush? Combination strike (and offensive strike) apply a 'susceptibility' debuff for the next gambit in the chain (boar's rush in the case of combination strike) that functions the same as the bleed removal bonuses in recklessness for the power attack line. Or am I missing some other reason for using Boar's Rush first?

    Nice to see a warden video with only 1 or 2 DCs in the whole thing, cheers.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Nice vid, you're pumping out some serious damage there.

    One thing I noticed: you almost always lead with boar's rush in assailment then follow with combination strike, even when the target isn't likely to flee, or when using ambush anyway. Why not lead with Combination strike then follow with boar's rush? Combination strike (and offensive strike) apply a 'susceptibility' debuff for the next gambit in the chain (boar's rush in the case of combination strike) that functions the same as the bleed removal bonuses in recklessness for the power attack line. Or am I missing some other reason for using Boar's Rush first?

    Nice to see a warden video with only 1 or 2 DCs in the whole thing, cheers.
    Hi Desolates, thanks for the reply
    I'll often use boars rush for the stun chance (if I haven't ambushed) and for the big bleed. You are right, and I do use the chain in a lot of circumstances perhaps just coincidence in the video as I just captured randomly most of the time. On wargs however I'd prefer to stack the bleeds, big first, rather than start from low bleed and work up with the bonus damage, as wargs (on our server anyway) tend to HIPs very early, so I'll try and stack bleeds on them over the initial damage. Thanks for the advice though, always looking to improve and perhaps you'll see a difference when I get round to making a second
    When it comes to DC, I'll often use it as a very last attempt to stay alive. I've seen some wardens on my sever sparing in determination with DC and NS and I just lol. unless against a WL in healing stance I am pretty adamant about not healing and just going full DPS.

    Thanks
    Cookie

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by juiceyhammo View Post
    When it comes to DC, I'll often use it as a very last attempt to stay alive. I've seen some wardens on my sever sparing in determination with DC and NS and I just lol. unless against a WL in healing stance I am pretty adamant about not healing and just going full DPS.
    Like a warden is supposed to Can't watch it, not on iPad. Against WL, out-DPSing the heals is fairly easy with -inc healing.
    Edit: Seen it now. I think I saw a DC in 1v1.. And the Reaver was r10!:O shame on you! But well, to criticise the vid: I think you should spar some higher ranks and try 1v1 that reaver again without DC Solo stuff was to show damage output? Cause that succeeded. I won't say anything about raid stuff. Raiding is just following the rat, it's boring. Good part: Well, nice fights. And at least the reaver kill you, even with DC.
    Last edited by Giliodor; Apr 16 2013 at 02:05 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Like a warden is supposed to Can't watch it, not on iPad. Against WL, out-DPSing the heals is fairly easy with -inc healing.
    Edit: Seen it now. I think I saw a DC in 1v1.. And the Reaver was r10!:O shame on you! But well, to criticise the vid: I think you should spar some higher ranks and try 1v1 that reaver again without DC Solo stuff was to show damage output? Cause that succeeded. I won't say anything about raid stuff. Raiding is just following the rat, it's boring. Good part: Well, nice fights. And at least the reaver kill you, even with DC.
    I have sparred that reaver many times, and he is in my opinion one of of the best creeps on the server. As stated above and on the video, the clips are from only the past few days. The raiding I generally was the rat, I think you may have gotten the wrong end of the stick here, I didnt make a video to show off, it is not there to impress, just to have fun, yes to show possible damage output when traited spear. The highest rank on our server is rank 12, and reminder, rank is not everything No shame on me for using my skills against a highly skilled creep, have fun
    Last edited by juiceyhammo; Apr 16 2013 at 02:21 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by juiceyhammo View Post
    I have spared that reaver many times, and he is in my opinion of of the best on the server. As stated above and on the video, the clips are from only the past few days. The raiding I generally was the rat, I think you may have gotten the wrong end of the stick here, I didnt make a video to show off, just to have fun, yes to show possible damage output when traited spear. The highest rank on our server is rank 12, and reminder, rank is not everything No shame on me for using my skills, have fun
    Didn't say it was to show off lol. I meant to say the damage is huge. And as rat, it's boring too xD I just dislike raiding, even though it's very renown/KD/rating friendly. And rank is something: it's experience. But to play fairly: no DC in 1v1

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Didn't say it was to show off lol. I meant to say the damage is huge. And as rat, it's boring too xD I just dislike raiding, even though it's very renown/KD/rating friendly. And rank is something: it's experience. But to play fairly: no DC in 1v1
    A reaver may use wrath, BA MT but warden no DC? Everyone has their own way of playing, mine is full dps and using DC as a shield if desperately needed. Some prefer traiting shield and running out in dps gear. I have sparred the two R12 reavers several times and have died because one has burnt dying rage. Some say it is fair, others not, I have no problem with using DC in a 1v1 against a tough opponent.

    Edit: Rank is experience, but like yourself, some prefer not to raid, others are 'raid babies', therefore limiting their 1v1 experience So all relative. I have seen your youtube videos also, and would personally not spar with the morale buffs and 16.5k morale as you do. But again, its personal preference and you play very well the way you do
    Last edited by juiceyhammo; Apr 16 2013 at 02:35 PM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by juiceyhammo View Post
    A reaver may use wrath, BA MT but warden no DC? Everyone has their own way of playing, mine is full dps and using DC as a shield if desperately needed. Some prefer traiting shield and running out in dps gear. I have spared the two R12 reavers several times and have died because one has burnt dying rage. Some say it is fair, others not, I have no problem with using DC in a 1v1 against a tough opponent.
    A reaver may use Wrath, a BA can use MT, because it doesn't make them invincible. I had no problem with the 2v3 DC btw. But DC is just hitting a brick wall. I've uploaded 2 vids in which Reavers use Wrath. Do I use DC, heals? No. Do I win? Yes. So it can be done, just focus on nuking down your oponent as fast as possible. No problem with using DC against a tough oponent means you're not up for the challenge? ^^ I didn't mean any offence by what I said, though a lot of you always take my posts as offence, but it rarely is.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    A reaver may use Wrath, a BA can use MT, because it doesn't make them invincible. I had no problem with the 2v3 DC btw. But DC is just hitting a brick wall. I've uploaded 2 vids in which Reavers use Wrath. Do I use DC, heals? No. Do I win? Yes. So it can be done, just focus on nuking down your oponent as fast as possible. No problem with using DC against a tough oponent means you're not up for the challenge? ^^ I didn't mean any offence by what I said, though a lot of you always take my posts as offence, but it rarely is.
    I didn't take offence, just would have preferred something constructive as opposed to straight criticism Yes, you're right I could try without DC, I have a very squishy build, which I'm actually pretty happy with. This is my first video, so for a second one I gather you'd recommend less raid content with 1v1s vs decently ranked creeps without the use of DC. OK thanks

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by juiceyhammo View Post
    I didn't take offence, just would have preferred something constructive as opposed to straight criticism Yes, you're right I could try without DC, I have a very squishy build, which I'm actually pretty happy with. This is my first video, so for a second one I gather you'd recommend less raid content with 1v1s vs decently ranked creeps without the use of DC. OK thanks
    Great Let's see.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by juiceyhammo View Post
    I didn't take offence, just would have preferred something constructive as opposed to straight criticism Yes, you're right I could try without DC, I have a very squishy build, which I'm actually pretty happy with. This is my first video, so for a second one I gather you'd recommend less raid content with 1v1s vs decently ranked creeps without the use of DC. OK thanks
    If you're taking requests...

    If you could put in some content with stuff like small grouping, soloing in 2+v1s, interrupted 1v1s, and situations where you're caught generally caught off guard, those would be very interesting to me. I'm a pretty frequent 1v1 circle person myself, but when both sides are prepared for the start, I feel like it does take a little something away from the experience. And RvR vids are only interesting when things hit the proverbial fan for both sides, imo.



    Any chance you can link those vids you guys are referring to, Derungorm? I always enjoy watching warden PvP clips.

  12. #12
    Yes sure, but be warned: I messed up some fights badly. I'll search them and then edit.
    http://youtube.com/#/watch?v=lOId1G2RgwQ
    The original link was http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=lOId1G2RgwQ. I cut out the m. part. If it's invalid, tell me, then I can update tomorrow
    Last edited by Giliodor; Apr 16 2013 at 03:19 PM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    If you're taking requests...

    If you could put in some content with stuff like small grouping, soloing in 2+v1s, interrupted 1v1s, and situations where you're caught generally caught off guard, those would be very interesting to me. I'm a pretty frequent 1v1 circle person myself, but when both sides are prepared for the start, I feel like it does take a little something away from the experience. And RvR vids are only interesting when things hit the proverbial fan for both sides, imo.
    Sure I can try Like I said, I dont often record when looking around for creeps as it makes my mouse flicker oddly and can sometimes delay skills, hopefully I can fix this and get some decent stuff for a second vid I do understand what you mean about the 1v1 preparation though, its not the same. We will see! take care and good luck to both of you

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload