We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Player looking for dwarvish kinships!

Hi i've just rolled a dwarf and started playing on lotro again after being away for a few months, i so far loved my dwarf and im searching for an dwarvish kin (if there's any!), my dwarf is called Lavoin, just done the intro. Also another question, what is rping? I havent really played lotro for long a few months back (due to some problems) so i don't know much about rp. I'm sorry if i sound like a noob. Hope i will get an answer in advance. :P

Well met!

There are indeed dwarven kinships on Laurelin. There are those that are mainly focused on raiding (the minority I would say) and there are those that are Medium/Heavy RP kinship (the majority, to be expected on a RP server off course). Within this group of RP kinship you have different styles. Many of these kinships come and go and some are more active than others obviously.

Roleplaying (RP), or Role Playing, in Lotro means taking on the role of a character and acting it out in-game through emotes, /say and RP channel. Players may also participate in roleplay outside the game by posting on blogs, wikis, or forums (official or otherwise). Roleplaying has similarities to improvisational theater, with the participants acting out characters in unscripted situations. The character's personality, goals, morals, and quirks may resemble that of the player or be completely different. Regardless, roleplayers recognize a boundary between what is in character (IC) and what is out of character (OOC).

If you consider yourself a RP-er that wishes to immerse himself into dwarven culture and lore (with plenty of dwarven RP events) I would say you have two main choices, being "Khuzd Belkul" and "Durin's Folk". Both of these kinships work closely together and are similar in many ways. Durin's Folk does have a larger member base and focuses on both civilian and military dwarven RP, while Khuzd Belkul focuses mainly on civilian dwarven RP.

Any friendly and respectfull player with a dwarven character can apply to Durin's Folk, while with Khuzd Belkul you also must first take a RP-test to be considered. One is not better than the other, they merely would fit you or not. There are many other Dwarf-only kinship on Laurelin, some mixed but with mainly Dwarf characters, such as Clan Stoutbeard (regularly active in raiding), or Iron Axes (mainly US players)

I myself lead the kinship of Khuzd Belkul, so if you would consider yourself a RP-er I would be more than happy to get in touch with yourself.

Cheers,

Kandral Strongbeard, son of Kuinn
    Last edited by Thakalgundian; Apr 16 2013 at 11:56 AM.
    [URL=http://dwarrowscholar.wordpress.com][IMG]http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kandral/thedwarrowscholar11_zps6bd6013d.jpg[/IMG][/URL]