We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Understanding what you can do about power regen in 10.1

First use the power book the 12% reduction is necessary
    Second Rightous Bow is aproximately 500 icpr assuming you fire about a shot a second in 5b 2r fleetness
    4 set hytbold huntsman is apx 800 icp due to blood arrow costing no power and PS costing 199
    you can now get 10 BA per minute instead of 6. so 4 PS get replaced with 4 BA
    You can maxamine your power regen skills with a swapped legendary.
    You can put 10% power reductions on your bow *sigh*
    You can use power pots

Even with all this I can make it just over 4 minutes at full burn and I am giving up the erebor 4 set

However in a raid/group with a cappy or LM giving power I can go indefinately.

So my guess is that this is working as intended

I did BfE over the weekend with what seemed a good tank so I ratcheted up the dps. My build gave me about 1450 icpr unbuffed but I didn't have BoTR slotted. Power just burned away faster than power pots could replenish. Had to keep using SoE (which isn't a great skill when the catapults come). I did have threat reduction book equipped instead of power.

Went to the AH and bought the bracelet with 115 fate on.

Fate needed nerfing as everyone had unlimited power. The trouble is it's now broken in the other direction. BoTR is basically a compulsory slot. We have to use one legendary slot for a not very legendary skill just to try and claw our way back somewhere within shouting distance of our power position before Fate was made the icpr thing. I even have to swap out my gold cloak for the wyrmscale one with the power critting chance.

Prior to that power was an issue we had to manage. Now power is something that cripples us in long raids unless we sacrifice morale, crit and phys mastery and agility on the icpr altar. (I only have hytbold armour atm, plus two nice dropped pieces that I usually equip.)

I'm very aware that I'm sacrificing so much of my only reason for being in the group just to have semi-sustainable power. I've grouped with hunters with great dps builds, with gold items and new armour and can see they are having frightful problems. (I think they are not habitually popping power pots and ISOE when off cooldown to top the bar up.)

I don't play other classes but in raids it is only the hunters who are having power problems that I see. I stand to be corrected but something isn't even in the same zip code as 'right' here.

Things that hit one class disproportionately can't be said to be Working As Intended, unless that intention is malign. Before the Fate debacle hunters did not have unlimited power. To sustain dps with our best builds required effort and planning. Now it looks like we have to throw off our best gear, trait specific things etc just to function. That cannot have been the intention. IMHO this whole Fate = ICPR was a needless change. A solution to a problem that did not exist until they created it. And they still haven't solved it/ They'lll need to flail about, blindly throwing numbers into the Fate variable for a few more updates before they stumble on one that works properly I guess.

Maybe our new hunter dev might like to comment? Is this temporary or is it just another nerf hunters in particular have to suck down?
    Last edited by Kongas; Apr 15 2013 at 11:31 AM.

Fate didn't need nerfing, what they needed to do was adjust skill power costs to approximate their vision of power management. As is, fate icpr contribution was nearly halved and skill costs were reduced, but by not nearly the amount fate was, meaning 2 variables were moved. Rks and minis are still fine, captains don't seem to have suffered, glee proc is 100% for burgs now and they seem to be great atm, but my guardian(main) and hunter are both circling the drain on power at about the 1:30 mark. Before 10.1 my hunter's was okay, not great, but I could generally manage it, and my guardian's power situation was atrocious. Now they're both atrocious, with no viable way on either toon to actually build myself out of it(if I have to stack up to 1k fate, killing my dps, I may as well play my champ, he can whale on &&&& for hours and isn't half as squishy).

I don't know why turbine insisted on nerfing fate. Having started down the path of buffed fate, their more rational choice would have been to leave it where it was and adjust each individual class skill power costs. Done this way they probably could have figured out a nice enough balance most of us could live with after a few minor updates

Quote Originally Posted by thefamilyosc View Post
    I don't know why turbine insisted on nerfing fate. Having started down the path of buffed fate, their more rational choice would have been to leave it where it was and adjust each individual class skill power costs. Done this way they probably could have figured out a nice enough balance most of us could live with after a few minor updates
    "But that would be HARD and we'd have to test it!" </Turbine>

Much easier to twiddle with one variable setting every few updates until people get tired of complaining about it.

What they should have done was tested the changes properly and listened to what testers were telling them.