We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What legacies and what can I do better?

So these are the 2 questions I have for the seasoned players:

What legendary legacies should I choose for my lvl 85 hunter?

What can I do better with my standard rotation?

Background:

I have been slowly levelling up my huntress, reaching lvl cap last week. So far I only have third age legendaries (bow/melee/bridle), but am planning to get second agers soon (first ager is still off limits).

I still do not have any trait unlocks (but am planning to become VIP soon).

I am in the process of rebuilding hytbold, so it will take a while until I can get the hytbold equipment.

At lvl 40-60 I had quite some power issues, but now it seems to be better (have to use potions once in a while). I usually fight in precision stance and use barbed arrow alot.

So far I am still soloing, so my current preferences are dominated from my solo experience.

I would be interested in what has to change when I start grouping.

Legacies:

I was thinking to get the following legendaries on my bow:

- focus bow critical multiplier
    - induction bow critical multiplier
    - barbed arrow bleed damage
    - burn hot damage
    - induction bow power cost
    - quick shot critical chance

If I have power issues, I will replace the "quick shot critical chance" with "focus bow power cost".

Once I start grouping, I might need a threat reduction legacy. In that case I tend towards endurance threat down (because if I need to reduce threat, I would go into endurance anyway).

Questions:

- Is anybody using ranged skill evade and block chance?

- If power is still an issue (in sustained fights), the power cost legacies will allow you to sustain your full damage output for more than 10% longer (depending on how fast it drops), which should result in at least 10% more damage (compared to auto-attack on no power). Even with crits maxed (25%) the 10% crit multipliers only give you 2.5% more dps. Is that correct, or where is the error?

- with the large cooldown (5min) for burn hot, does 10% burn hot damage cut it? (was useful for initial burst damage when soloing elite masters)

I plan the following legacies on my melee weapon:

- Crit Magnitude in Precision Stance
    - Needful Haste duration (because I use it alot to boost dps)
    - Low cut bleed chance (has been helpful soloing, probably not tremendously helpful in groups)
    - Melee critical multiplier
    - agile rejoinder heal chance (has been quite helpful in soloing, probably not needed in groups)

Questions:

- Is "swift stroke parry and evade" of any use?

And the following on my light bridle:

- Class Skill Damage over Time
    - Wrath Critical Chance
    - Motivation through aggression heal chance OR Rider Evade Chance (not quite sure)
    - Red Dawn Skill Direct Damage
    - Max Warsteed Endurance (because I have often been single shotted)
    - War Steed Armor (also because I have been single shotted too often from Kramp or Dal)

Rotation:

My standard opening sequence is:

0. Precision Stance
    1. Set Trap or Snare
    2. Improved Focus
    3. Hunter's Art (for the higher crits)
    4. Barbed Arrow (for the slow and the bleed)
    5. Blood Arrow
    6. Improved Penetrating Shot
    7. Improved Penetrating Shot

If timed correctly, the instant shots (5. to 7.) benefit from the Improved focus buff.
    Versus tough foes I will use Needful Haste and Burn Hot.

If the critters are in melee range, I use as my base rotation

1. Improved scourging blow (next barbed arrow has no induction)
    2. Barbed Arrow (for the bleed and the bonus for the next improved scouring blow)
    3. Low Cut (for multiple foes, but also for the bleed from the legacy)

and fit in Swift Stroke, Blind Side, Agile Rejoinder, Dazing blow whenever appropriate.

Suggestion to improve on that are most welcome.

I'm afraid power is a big issue. Bigger than ever. IMHO both power legacies are absolutely essential (along with both crit multipliers). At the moment in Raids you really have to go in with icpr uppermost in your mind (at least that's what I've found for ones where it is combat from beginning to end).

What I have is a decent set of offensive weapons with a spare set that I swap in that buffs strength of the earth, beneath notice etc when I want to trigger them. There are plugins that help making swapping easier.

I do go into things like Battle for Erebor with a build centred around managing power rather than high dps.

Swift Stroke I find to be pretty essential. Melee defences always good.

I didn't go with Burn Hot damage legacy as it's hard to level up all of them to max and it is only of use every few minutes. My final one on each item is Agility as it can be used to give you an extra 100 or so AG with 2 weapons worth of spare points left over at the end.

You'll need to keep a close eye on your tactical mitigations for raiding but i'm no expert on raids at all. I just go into raids traited for survival and icpr. A live hunter doing sustainable medium damage is better than an out of power or dead one IMHO. (Or that's what I tell myself).

I always open up with Hunters Art and Swift Bow (I have the 4 set 3 second swift bow hytbold bonus) even though you still have full focus rahter than empty focus bar with pen shots and refill with Swift because of Swift's long induction. Best to get that induction first while the target is going about its business rather than charging towards (traps fail too often at high levels against the bigger, badder stuff).
    Last edited by Kongas; Apr 15 2013 at 12:56 PM.

Your legacy choices are not bad. Melee critical multiplier and burn hot damage are questionable.

Hunter's Art in Precision gives +finesse, nothing to do with crits.

Your rotation is a bit odd: where's Swift Bow? You're also not taking advantage of the combat mechanics of normal vs fast skills. My rotation is thus: (traps focus whatever) - Swift Bow - Blood Arrow - Barbed Arrow - PenS - QuiS - PS - QS - PS - repeat. Swift to start off with because of its longer induction. And I'm alternating normal skills and fast skills because the fast skills ignore the "post-attack delay" of the previous skills. No, I don't run out of focus very often with this setup (just being in precision stance and having the right class traits, but the fleetness cost reduction bonus from some armor sets helps a lot too), and when I do, I just need another Quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Kongas View Post
    Swift Stroke I find to be pretty essential. Melee defences always good.
    On a hunter? When?
    Last edited by Nakiami; Apr 15 2013 at 01:33 PM.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNothing View Post
    I was thinking to get the following legendaries on my bow:

- focus bow critical multiplier
    - induction bow critical multiplier
    - barbed arrow bleed damage
    - burn hot damage
    - induction bow power cost
    - quick shot critical chance

If I have power issues, I will replace the "quick shot critical chance" with "focus bow power cost".
    Mmm imho the both critical multipliers and Barbed Bleed are a must on bow, rest really depends on player's preference. As for the -power cost thing, focus bow actually consumes more power in total than induction bows, so might be better going for focus power cost instead of induction if you are planing one -power cost legacy on bow.

For Burn Hot Damage, even with 5 red and Cool Burn it's a skill that only gets used every 2min, so not worth a legacy slot on DPS bow at all. I put it on a Third Age crossbow for swapping (enquip the crossbow before clicking Burn Hot, then swamp back DPS bow afterward), so I can save a legacy on main bow while getting the bonus when using Burn Hot.

Once I start grouping, I might need a threat reduction legacy. In that case I tend towards endurance threat down (because if I need to reduce threat, I would go into endurance anyway).
    I would suggest using threat book instead of -threat legacies on bow: both -focus threat and -induction threat work very poorly that they don't worth the precious legacy slot at all. For Endurance Threat DOwn usually if you are using threat book, Endurance and spam quick shots you won't aggro. When aggro'ed in Precision, the Endurance Quick Shot threat reduction usually only works after using Beneath Notice, so you actually have time to reduce aggro; if not it won't immediately dump your aggro to below the tank, which usually means a 1-shot.

Questions:

- Is anybody using ranged skill evade and block chance?
    Yeah I got both on CC/swamping crossbow (unranked though).

- If power is still an issue (in sustained fights), the power cost legacies will allow you to sustain your full damage output for more than 10% longer (depending on how fast it drops), which should result in at least 10% more damage (compared to auto-attack on no power). Even with crits maxed (25%) the 10% crit multipliers only give you 2.5% more dps. Is that correct, or where is the error?
    Nope in most case -power cost does not give you more damage as:

1. In raids usually you'd get a LM/captain to help with power.
    2. When there is no one to help, by stacking fate/ICPR, using Strength of Earth, Press Onward, traited Intent Concentration, Beneath Notice (to restore power when there is clearly no aggro issue) and of course power pots, you should actually have no power issue in 3man or 6man (says a nab (aka me) that burns nearly 5k power per minute )

So basicly with all the possible power restore skills, there shouldn't be a problem keeping DPSing, therefore -power cost dose not improve your total damage.

- with the large cooldown (5min) for burn hot, does 10% burn hot damage cut it? (was useful for initial burst damage when soloing elite masters)
    Yep defo, but only when it's on a swapper.

I plan the following legacies on my melee weapon:

- Crit Magnitude in Precision Stance
    - Needful Haste duration (because I use it alot to boost dps)
    - Low cut bleed chance (has been helpful soloing, probably not tremendously helpful in groups)
    - Melee critical multiplier
    - agile rejoinder heal chance (has been quite helpful in soloing, probably not needed in groups)
    Hmm I'd get a AoE max target and -Beneath Notice CD (while this can be put on a swapper, you'd lose 0.5-1sec switching and end up dead before clicking the skill) instead of Low Cur Bleed (the uncontrolled bleed may break CC later both in grouping and solo. Good for max AoE build though). Melee Critical Multiplier kinda useless as well unless being forced to use only melee skills, since even in melee range our ranged DPS is way higher than melee.

Questions:

It is good, but not at all worth a legacy slot tbh. Would rather go for stat legacy like agi, vit or fate.

And the following on my light bridle:

- Class Skill Damage over Time
    - Wrath Critical Chance
    - Motivation through aggression heal chance OR Rider Evade Chance (not quite sure)
    - Red Dawn Skill Direct Damage
    - Max Warsteed Endurance (because I have often been single shotted)
    - War Steed Armor (also because I have been single shotted too often from Kramp or Dal)
    Personally I prefer a Class Skill Dismount Chance and/or Disengaging Strike Dismount Chance over MtA Heal/Rider Evade/Steed Armour. The mounted mobs only 1-shot when they are mounted, if they get dismount then there is little to no danger. With legacies/relic, max yellow traits and Riddermark stance you can dismount them in 1-5 sec, before they 1-shot you

Rotation:

My standard opening sequence is:

0. Precision Stance
    1. Set Trap or Snare
    2. Improved Focus
    3. Hunter's Art (for the higher crits)
    4. Barbed Arrow (for the slow and the bleed)
    5. Blood Arrow
    6. Improved Penetrating Shot
    7. Improved Penetrating Shot

If timed correctly, the instant shots (5. to 7.) benefit from the Improved focus buff.
    Versus tough foes I will use Needful Haste and Burn Hot.

If the critters are in melee range, I use as my base rotation

1. Improved scourging blow (next barbed arrow has no induction)
    2. Barbed Arrow (for the bleed and the bonus for the next improved scouring blow)
    3. Low Cut (for multiple foes, but also for the bleed from the legacy)

and fit in Swift Stroke, Blind Side, Agile Rejoinder, Dazing blow whenever appropriate.

Suggestion to improve on that are most welcome.
    The "3. Hunter's Art (for the higher crits)" is a typo I think?

About the rotation, it's good as long it works for you. Different players have various play style so a rotation works amazin for the other might not be doing so good for you
    Last edited by Farasilion; Apr 15 2013 at 02:00 PM.
    Man cenuva métim' andúnë.

Thanks for the tremendously helpful advice. I can see, that I will have to change some things. Did not know about the idea to swap equipment (I assume the bonus is determined by the equipment worn at the time the command is issued). I dont have much time to comment (will do so later) and will be without internet connection the next few days. Just wanted to let you know, that I really really appreciate your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post

<swift stroke parry and evade.>

On a hunter? When?
    When in melee. There's plenty of times when a hunter might be, especially in pugs where you're expected to look after yourself, not to mention solo skirmishing or duoing with really squishy classes. Two attack, good evade boost and big parry boost. Great stuff.

And look how i answered that without all that unnecessary snide sneering and posturing.

Get focus bow power cost over induction, it accounts for the vast majority of your power usage. Other than that, maybe consider putting the agility stat scroll over burn hot. I'd only get the burn hot legacy for PVP myself, since over longer fights I think that the extra agility ends up adding more overall damage. A few people swear by burn hot setups though, I only use it when that extra burst of dps is in dire need
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000349948/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

When in melee. There's plenty of times when a hunter might be, especially in pugs where you're expected to look after yourself, not to mention solo skirmishing or duoing with really squishy classes. Two attack, good evade boost and big parry boost. Great stuff.
    Mmm in landscape soloing, even in a careless pull of 4+ mobs, 2 of them should be dead before they can touch you, the others easily CC'ed by Bard's Arrow, Dstracting Shot, Dazing Blow, Rain of Throns, Cry of the hunter, Low Cut, Strength Quick Shot ect. So as long they are not immune to CC, you can quickly get rid of them in melee range, therefore no need buffing up parry (going full glass cannon build your evade should be well over 20%, thus the bonus provided by Swift Stroke legacy would be of little to no use).

Same for solo/duo skrimish. With the will change in U10, hunter might be the most squishy class now since light armour gets easily capped tactical mitigation and very good heals, and hunter defo the most squishy medium armour when attacked. And as hunters can actually solo most T3 2man skirmish, there is probably not much problem doing solo skirmish or duo with abother people.

While grouping (when hunter is defo not supposed to tank), it's best not to aggro in the first place, and dump it when grabing: for if you let the mob in melee and tank it, you will cause more pressure for your healer, chaos for tank and sometimes endanger the whole group with the mob's possible front AoE. A simple Beneath Notice, Improved Dstracting Shot, Endurance Quick Shot or just stop DPSing and run to tank would, help you get rid of the mob before it reaches you in melee range.

So imho, though the legacy would be good when melee tanking (but how many instances would require a hunter, instead of proper tanks + heavy armour, to melee tank something), this happens way to rare so a it is not worth a legacy slot on main melee LI (but can be put on a swapping stick for the buff when needed).

Quote Originally Posted by Farasilion View Post
    Mmm in landscape soloing, even in a careless pull of 4+ mobs, 2 of them should be dead before they can touch you, the others easily CC'ed by Bard's Arrow, Dstracting Shot, Dazing Blow, Rain of Throns, Cry of the hunter, Low Cut, Strength Quick Shot ect. So as long they are not immune to CC, you can quickly get rid of them in melee range, therefore no need buffing up parry (going full glass cannon build your evade should be well over 20%, thus the bonus provided by Swift Stroke legacy would be of little to no use).

Same for solo/duo skrimish. With the will change in U10, hunter might be the most squishy class now since light armour gets easily capped tactical mitigation and very good heals, and hunter defo the most squishy medium armour when attacked. And as hunters can actually solo most T3 2man skirmish, there is probably not much problem doing solo skirmish or duo with abother people.

While grouping (when hunter is defo not supposed to tank), it's best not to aggro in the first place, and dump it when grabing: for if you let the mob in melee and tank it, you will cause more pressure for your healer, chaos for tank and sometimes endanger the whole group with the mob's possible front AoE. A simple Beneath Notice, Improved Dstracting Shot, Endurance Quick Shot or just stop DPSing and run to tank would, help you get rid of the mob before it reaches you in melee range.

So imho, though the legacy would be good when melee tanking (but how many instances would require a hunter, instead of proper tanks + heavy armour, to melee tank something), this happens way to rare so a it is not worth a legacy slot on main melee LI (but can be put on a swapping stick for the buff when needed).
    The guy who's asking is not a fully maxxed L85 with all out top gear. He's not going to be soloing t3 duo skirmishes any time soon. Neither am I since we've been turned into glass cannons (used to be able to, not given it a try recently). Try running some pug raids or barrow runs with random classes, played by people who seemed not to have grouped before instead of indulging in stealth bragging. I know how things should go in a perfect world but we don't all get to run with experienced teams of people we know well and who don't make mistakes.

I spent all yesterday evening running barrow runs with 4 other hunters and a glass champion and led by a hunter who just charged into everything. This was a group that, god help us, couldn't get past the initial skeleton challenge in Samrog without 3 people dying and I was meleeing for my life all the time. But I needed the seals and beggars in a small RP Kin can't be choosers.

Or I might find myself running in another pug where the ranged dps have no concept of aggro control and before you know it a swarm of bad guys are in among the squishies. People are whacking your stunned, and chasing after your Feared and AOE'ing your rooted and before you know it half a dozen are on top of you. Meanwhile the tank is waiting to be rezzed and the healer is running in circles. Half the pugs I run in seem to have a hunter who opens up with heartshot without using beneath notice or Distracting Shot right after.

I've been playing this since it came out. I've grouped my way all through it I know how to play a hunter. It's just that being in a small RP kin with no real organised raiding opportunities I am more than usually playing with people who haven't ground out their moria armour in raids, haven't run in 12 man skirms etc. They've charged straight through the 'easified' game to hytbold and only now that they need 10 gazillion seals and some raid deeds for the good gear are they grouping.

Welcome to the wonderful world of pugging in a game that rushes you to hytbold with barely any need to group. As a hunter I count myself lucky to get in any pug. I take what I can get. If I find myself in a pug that uses Voice I think I've died and gone to Valhalla.

Now, you - being so awesome and all, might not need it. That's a different matter. The OP is not an experienced, maxxed out member of a raiding kinship. I'll lay any odds his experience of grouping will be way closer to mine than yours as he scrabbles to get hundreds of seals from any pug a hunter can get in and I maintain that this is a very useful skill for players in like positions.

EDITED to add: Same with group skirmishes. When running Bruinen or anything else with suicidal npc's it's often necessary just to pull everything to you. You can't root attackers at the Ford. A suicide Twin will just charge in and disrupt them while the other is off trying to get the Defilers at the base of the tower to kill him. And as we are now practically transparent melee survival skills are more important than ever to me. Swift Stroke might not be the most important but for the game as it plays for a semi-casual player without a raiding kin to run with it's a lot more essential than burn hot or Bleed. The two power reductions, the induction, focus and QS crits, and the heal chance 100% one are my first picks for the game as it plays for me.
    Last edited by Kongas; Apr 16 2013 at 11:18 AM.

Not sure if this has been mentioned (didn't notice it) but which type of melee weapon are you thinking of running? As a rule of thumb I usually stick with spears due to their DoT capabilities... I haven't used a sword/hammer/mace/club since the 60 cap. Not sure about everyone else..?

I always use a sword, just because I feel it looks better for RP.

The guy who's asking is not a fully maxxed L85 with all out top gear. He's not going to be soloing t3 duo skirmishes any time soon. Neither am I since we've been turned into glass cannons (used to be able to, not given it a try recently). Try running some pug raids or barrow runs with random classes, played by people who seemed not to have grouped before instead of indulging in stealth bragging. I know how things should go in a perfect world but we don't all get to run with experienced teams of people we know well and who don't make mistakes.

Well mate, I'm in a small elf-only heavy RP kin which runs little to no instance just as you do; my timezone has blocked me completely from the server's peak time and of course any possibility of joining a raiding alliance; my toon has no very top gears and would not get them (at least the T2 Erebor sets, lol) anytime soon.

If you would ask, as a newish played who just joined after RoI, I started doing Foundry PuGs with all quest gears + Third Age bow and 4.5k morale. Of all the gears I got since hitting cap (both 75 and 85), 90% of them are from PuGs. I've done every single instance/skirmish raid in PuGs, ToO full T1 and 2 wings T2 on level in PuGs; I have being fighting desperately for a spot in PuGs cause, actually it is almost the only way for me getting my gears. Being doing it crazily everyday for more than a year, I know what it is like.

And no, I don't have Swift Stroke legacy, as it's not useful, even in the worst PuG one can imagine (as everyone will die in there ).

As for Sambrog, I did it 604 times after U10 to get the stupid pocket with PuGs. 80%+of them don't have a tank (not needed anyways) and I was tanking most things plus doing pulls to speed up the run without a problem.

Even if your CC would be broke soon after you casted it, that will buy you 1-2 sec time running to tank or dumping aggro. For the suicidal NPCs (esp the good sons of Elrond), it's never a hunter's job tanking something, just aggro them and bring to tank/champion and stop hitting, their AoE attacks/taunt will soon grab the mobs from you.

But why should a hunt try to drop aggro then mobs are on him/her?

Hunter is medium armour with pretty lowish mitigation compared with other classes, and in most cases has no Incoming Healing Rating. That means it's harder for healers to heal you (mobs do more, and heals has less effect compared with those that has Inc Heal). When in a PuG that there is already a lot pressure on the heals, a hunter tanking would only make things worse. So a hunter grabbing aggro, tank it (and in most cases, not turning it away) would definately cause more trouble than the one that let others to take the mob again.

Back to the point, if the purpose it to get rid of the mob asap instead of keeping it hitting you, then the Swift Stroke legacy is of little to no use.
    Last edited by Farasilion; Apr 16 2013 at 02:07 PM.

As far as LIs go..

my current setup for dps bow uses:
    -Focus Bow power cost
    -Quick Shot crit
    -Focus bow crit
    -Induction bow Crit
    -Agility
    -Fate(can swap for barbed bleed)
    -Vitality

using pm relics all around

with a burn hot swap bow. I dont see the point in using up a legacy slot for a skill that has a rather long cd

for melee LI i use for my dps setup

-Needful Haste Duration
    -Precision crit
    -Max aoe targets
    -Melee crit multiplier(quite a boost specially if you melee alot like me- i dont dps from long ranges unless i have a good reason to which means i can run in every 12sec for free blindside focus)
    -Agility
    -Fate
    -Vitality

using pm relics all around

for my survival setup i use

-Needful Haste
    -Precision crit
    -Melee crit mult
    -Swift stroke parry/evade
    -Agile rejoinder(agile is even better if you are a race of man)
    -Vitality

Using pretty much the same relics as tanks. This setup gave me capped evade and about 24% parry on my tanking setup if you keep swift stroke up. Your heals are going to be awesome if you are a race of man. Man hunters can prob solo t2 peak. Was able to solo first boss with the tanking setup and im an elf so my agile heals arent as big.

For the other survival LI i had, i used the same legacies but focused on morale/tact mit/crit def relics.What i use for t2s since I cant parry/evade tact damage.

I use a spear btw...yea yea i know you are sitting there thinking 'but sword gives you parry!' i know i know. But spears look cooler and i can pretend to be a warden

For bridle, I focused on blue line legacies with maxed healing on a light bridle light steed(OP heals will allow you to tank anything for hours unless you get dismounted)

As far as rotations go..it varies from player to player and most go with what they are comfortable with. Some maintain bleeds within their rotations, personally I don't because i find that barb arrow makes me lose some dps plus im blue lined so quick shot has a very high chance to regenerate alot more focus over time.
    Generally i maintain my focus pool in a way that any induction skills will always end up with enough focus for a focus shot.

(going full glass cannon build your evade should be well over 20%, thus the bonus provided by Swift Stroke legacy would be of little to no use).

To add on to what farasilion said..
    If you pull aggro, the first thing you should do if the tank doesnt get it back within a second or two would be to pop beneath notice(i have it keyed so i can hit it very easily and not have to look for it).Also at this point you have nothing to lose by using swift stroke. Also, if you pull aggro dont run away from the tank and if boss/mob has a frontal like say bfe...instead of standing in the same spot i would say run to the boss and turn him around even it if kills you. Its better you die alone than you die..and the healer next to you..and the burg..and the other hunter..
    Ive been in pug groups where people pull aggro and keeps mob facing the raid/group. You are gonna get hit regardless, why kill half the raid because you couldn't be bothered to move 4 meters?

Another tip i would say would be to keymap your skills/LI swaps to keys you can easily hit. I dont like reaching 7,8,9,0,-,= for skills and kite at the same time. For example, for swift stroke I keymapped it to my middle mouse(subtle stab on my burg). Q is my agile heal(BA on burg), E is my blindside(DE on burg), R is my lowcut(FB on burg),T is my scourging(with 6 as barbed).

then things like shift+q morale pot(easy to remember because my q is agile heal) and you can be more creative from there..stuff like that can be useful instead of reaching over across your keyboard. Bottomline..what works for others may or may not for you. Only way to find out is to play around and really findout for yourself but its nice to have a basic idea of what others find useful.
    Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.
    From Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone

Even if your CC would be broke soon after you casted it, that will buy you 1-2 sec time running to tank or dumping aggro. For the suicidal NPCs (esp the good sons of Elrond), it's never a hunter's job tanking something, just aggro them and bring to tank/champion and stop hitting, their AoE attacks/taunt will soon grab the mobs from you.
    I mostly end up running pugs with an LM. Who would you suggest would be the better tank? "Mate".

I mostly end up running pugs with an LM. Who would you suggest would be the better tank? "Mate".
    I'd say it's the LM's bear pet

Questions:

I can answer this!

Well I have "swift,stroke and parry" , "Evade Rating" and "Evade X modifer" maxed on my LI's, I recommend it a lot, so far I tested it and it takes 9 out of 10 hits to actually harm my hunter and thats a lot of survivality.

Try it, won't dissapoint.

Thanks again for the tremendously helpful advice.

As was already stated, I am not a fully equipped maxed out lvl 85 (just got there). However, eventually I hope to be one :-). So any advice (for my current not optimal status) and for later is greatly appreciated.

Some things I learned:

- Swap items are useful: I guess I will try to get a second age dps bow and a third ager for needful haste, burnhot, find the path, ...
    - it might also be a good idea to have a second "survivability bow" with heals and parry/evade maxed (third age)
    - power is mostly burned through focus shots. So focus bower power reduction seems a must
    - I did know about the (almost overpowered) heals in blue Rohirrim stance (light steed), but still got single shotted by the mounted guys. So far my strategy was quite simple: switch between red dawn stance (for dps) and Rohirrim stance (for heals and power regen). I so far completely neglected Riddermark stance. So I will try to dismount Dal and Kramp first. See how it goes.
    - I did not know the "trick" to alternate between fast and slow shots. My dps got much better now that I use PS-QS-PS-QS etc.
    - I think my opening sequence is still not too bad. I tried starting out with Swift bow, but starting with improved focus followed by barbed arrow (in precision with the 30% slow) and then using BloodArrow-QS-PS my burst dps seemed to be better. [As you can see, I changed PS-PS to QS-PS]. The idea is that Improved focus gives you a few seconds where you do extra damage. With the right timing the four first shots (barbed arrow, blood arrow, QS, PS) benefit from the improved damage.

Thanks also for the helpful advice on aggro management. It will take some practice until the theoretical knowledge is actually applied efficiently. Hopefully there will be some groups that are willing to take in a bad hunter and help making her a better one :-)

EDIT: Typos, Clarification
    Last edited by MasterOfNothing; Apr 22 2013 at 02:24 PM.