So these are the 2 questions I have for the seasoned players:
What legendary legacies should I choose for my lvl 85 hunter?
What can I do better with my standard rotation?
I have been slowly levelling up my huntress, reaching lvl cap last week. So far I only have third age legendaries (bow/melee/bridle), but am planning to get second agers soon (first ager is still off limits).
I still do not have any trait unlocks (but am planning to become VIP soon).
I am in the process of rebuilding hytbold, so it will take a while until I can get the hytbold equipment.
At lvl 40-60 I had quite some power issues, but now it seems to be better (have to use potions once in a while). I usually fight in precision stance and use barbed arrow alot.
So far I am still soloing, so my current preferences are dominated from my solo experience.
I would be interested in what has to change when I start grouping.
I was thinking to get the following legendaries on my bow:
- focus bow critical multiplier
- induction bow critical multiplier
- barbed arrow bleed damage
- burn hot damage
- induction bow power cost
- quick shot critical chance
If I have power issues, I will replace the "quick shot critical chance" with "focus bow power cost".
Once I start grouping, I might need a threat reduction legacy. In that case I tend towards endurance threat down (because if I need to reduce threat, I would go into endurance anyway).
- Is anybody using ranged skill evade and block chance?
- If power is still an issue (in sustained fights), the power cost legacies will allow you to sustain your full damage output for more than 10% longer (depending on how fast it drops), which should result in at least 10% more damage (compared to auto-attack on no power). Even with crits maxed (25%) the 10% crit multipliers only give you 2.5% more dps. Is that correct, or where is the error?
- with the large cooldown (5min) for burn hot, does 10% burn hot damage cut it? (was useful for initial burst damage when soloing elite masters)
I plan the following legacies on my melee weapon:
- Crit Magnitude in Precision Stance
- Needful Haste duration (because I use it alot to boost dps)
- Low cut bleed chance (has been helpful soloing, probably not tremendously helpful in groups)
- Melee critical multiplier
- agile rejoinder heal chance (has been quite helpful in soloing, probably not needed in groups)
- Is "swift stroke parry and evade" of any use?
And the following on my light bridle:
- Class Skill Damage over Time
- Wrath Critical Chance
- Motivation through aggression heal chance OR Rider Evade Chance (not quite sure)
- Red Dawn Skill Direct Damage
- Max Warsteed Endurance (because I have often been single shotted)
- War Steed Armor (also because I have been single shotted too often from Kramp or Dal)
My standard opening sequence is:
0. Precision Stance
1. Set Trap or Snare
2. Improved Focus
3. Hunter's Art (for the higher crits)
4. Barbed Arrow (for the slow and the bleed)
5. Blood Arrow
6. Improved Penetrating Shot
7. Improved Penetrating Shot
If timed correctly, the instant shots (5. to 7.) benefit from the Improved focus buff.
Versus tough foes I will use Needful Haste and Burn Hot.
If the critters are in melee range, I use as my base rotation
1. Improved scourging blow (next barbed arrow has no induction)
2. Barbed Arrow (for the bleed and the bonus for the next improved scouring blow)
3. Low Cut (for multiple foes, but also for the bleed from the legacy)
and fit in Swift Stroke, Blind Side, Agile Rejoinder, Dazing blow whenever appropriate.
Suggestion to improve on that are most welcome.