We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Unhappy Dwindling Population in Firefoot

I just started playing again after a break of almost a year. The first thing I noticed is that when I start up the game, the Launcher now recommends a world to play in! At first I thought this was a cool feature because I remember spending quite a bit of time researching what world to make my first character in when I first started playing. My opinion has changed quite a bit now though. I notice that Firefoot is practically deserted now. I gather it has something to do with there being no new payers joining the server because one is now recommended to them. I solo a lot so I didn't think it would be that big of a deal. Boy was I wrong!! The economy in Firefoot is terrible now. The auction hall is almost empty compared to a year ago. I would love to switch to a more populated server but that would mean a hefty fee for each of my characters. Also, the main two people I play with, and all of their characters are on Firefoot too. That would mean that they would have to transfer their characters as well. It just isn't even an option now that we are so invested into Firefoot.

It's a shame, but I figured I'd post this here so that anyone who is looking for a more populated server can see this and pick a different one.
    Corsair Tx750w,Foxconn A7DA-S 3.0 AM3,AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black 9.0MB
    G.SKILL 8GB DDR3-1333 2048MB x 4,Zotac Nvidia GTX275 896MB @ 723/1603/1252
    Windows 8 Pro x64

its sad to see such a great server that was so active just a year ago change to what it is now. Im in a kin with 50+ toons and may see one other player in the kin every three months. The only plus side to it is i have met some awsome players and most players on firefoot are very helpful and greatful when you help them.

Quote Originally Posted by ScenariouS View Post
    It's a shame, but I figured I'd post this here so that anyone who is looking for a more populated server can see this and pick a different one.
    And you wondered why no new players join our server.
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

It would be nice, now that we are off the high of f2p and numbers are going down, if Turbine were to merge some of the lower-population servers together to give us more people to group with and make pvp more interesting. And do it before we lose even more people to boredom and the same feelings as described by the OP.

While I would agree it is less than what it has been, I think the entire game population has dwindled recently now six months after the last expansion. This is also typically a slow time for gaming for most US players IMO.

When you compare the servers they all are allot less than they used to be 6 months or a year ago IMO. I'm going by Lux aeterna website below for comparison.

http://lux-hdro.de/hdro-live.php

Turbine just needs to monitor average population and level the servers by their recommendations for new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximilan View Post
    While I would agree it is less than what it has been, I think the entire game population has dwindled recently now six months after the last expansion. This is also typically a slow time for gaming for most US players IMO.

When you compare the servers they all are allot less than they used to be 6 months or a year ago IMO. I'm going by Lux aeterna website below for comparison.

http://lux-hdro.de/hdro-live.php

Turbine just needs to monitor average population and level the servers by their recommendations for new players.
    Hard to understand that site, but I cant help to question its accuracy, because its saying firefoot has 500 on at peak times, and at peak time for Elendilmir, they have 400. Doesnt seem to be remotely close to accurate.
    Rk 8 Warg, Rk 8 Spider, Rk 7 Reaver, Rk 7 BA, Rk 6 WL, Rk 6 Def
    Rk 8 Burg, Rk 8 Hntr, Rk 7 Champ, Rk 7 Mins, Rk 6 Guard, Rk 4 LM

Quote Originally Posted by Jlomontego View Post
    Hard to understand that site, but I cant help to question its accuracy, because its saying firefoot has 500 on at peak times, and at peak time for Elendilmir, they have 400. Doesnt seem to be remotely close to accurate.
    Yes I would agree the 'actual number' shown on the graph appears low to me - maybe you think its too high? There is no reliable data on the subject according to many other threads and posters, since Turbine doesn't provide this info. However, the trends on this website appear correct to me when looked at over a long period of time, such as comparing monthly or quarterly trends. For instance check it again right after a major update or landmass added. My reference to this was for comparison, not for the actual # of people online with any given server.