We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Cleeve, Northfarthing
    Posts
    2,233

    Lottery fail: winnings not delivered

    According to my.lotro.com, five of me won the 03/14/2013 [sic] lottery on Riddermark: two Angrenost, one Depths, one Northlands and one Welcome Wagon. Two of them received the winnings (both Angrenost). The other three did not.

    Note that although my.lotro.com says 03/14/2013 it actually took place and delivered the two of five yesterday, 04/14/2013 (assuming the /14/ isn't the month in the Lottery's world, whatever that is). Looks like it's being run pretty manually!

    I filed a ticket, and got back the information that the Lottery is beta, errors may occur, and they can't reimburse winnings.

    Oh, well, the Angrenost stuff was good.
    Tuco of the Quick Post

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,084
    There was actually a lottery that ended on 03/14. You probably won that one, not the one that ended yesterday.

    The notification may have moved back near the top like it sometimes does, making you think it was new.

    I have a winner on 04/14 and one on 03/14.
    Last edited by Nakiami; Apr 15 2013 at 01:21 PM.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Cleeve, Northfarthing
    Posts
    2,233

    Reading fail: appropriate winnings delivered

    Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    There was actually a lottery that ended on 03/14. You probably won that one, not the one that ended yesterday.
    Oh, you're right! Derp. The top line is my two Angrenost winners, and I guess I spaced on the dates of the others. Coulda sworn they were all the same.
    Tuco of the Quick Post

  4. #4
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
    According to my.lotro.com, five of me won the 03/14/2013 [sic] lottery on Riddermark: two Angrenost, one Depths, one Northlands and one Welcome Wagon. Two of them received the winnings (both Angrenost). The other three did not.

    Note that although my.lotro.com says 03/14/2013 it actually took place and delivered the two of five yesterday, 04/14/2013 (assuming the /14/ isn't the month in the Lottery's world, whatever that is). Looks like it's being run pretty manually!

    I filed a ticket, and got back the information that the Lottery is beta, errors may occur, and they can't reimburse winnings.

    Oh, well, the Angrenost stuff was good.
    There has beena notice, in bright red, in the Lottery FAQ and also in the Known Issues that support cannot and will not replace lost, missing or misdrected items from the lottery and asking that you not submit a ticket as a result.

    Also, if you won on 3/14 and just got around to checking yor winnings today, don't forget they are delivered through the mail system and work according to the rules of that system. Any mail not collected in 14 days expires and is deleted along with all attachments. In the case of mail sent from players it's returned to sender, as the lottery is not a player they are simply removed and cannot be recovered.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Cleeve, Northfarthing
    Posts
    2,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    (stuff)
    Welcome back! Hope Florida was fun.

    It was my reading error. See above.
    Tuco of the Quick Post

  6. #6
    According to the home page my Toffipie did win the Lottery of Agnerost of 14/3. Nothing in the mail today. If I don't get the goodies then fair enough but it might be an indication the lottery isn't working properly.

    I have two other girls who it says have won. I'll check in on them and see if they got the goodies or not.

    Edit: Checked and nothing on Skybright or Camelai either.
    Last edited by Rosiebelle; Apr 15 2013 at 05:56 PM.
    Fight on my dwavern sisters! May the orc blood always wash right out your frilly dresses.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Depends on which game I'm in :)
    Posts
    6,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosiebelle View Post
    According to the home page my Toffipie did win the Lottery of Agnerost of 14/3. Nothing in the mail today. If I don't get the goodies then fair enough but it might be an indication the lottery isn't working properly.
    The lottery you indicate for 03/14 (March 14) was from last month. The mail for any winnings not collected would have been deleted long ago. Yesterday's lottery was 04/14 (April 14). I think you are looking at the US date format (MM/DD/YYYY) and thinking it is in the European date format (DD/MM/YYYY).
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload