We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Reaver Builds/Rotations

Soooo... I have a Reaver now, since U10. Rank 6 atm, I bought some skills: Thrash, Mutilation, Impale, Wrath. Corruptions atm:
    - Critical Rating boost 5x
    - HfP II
    Gorgeous Impale criticals. I want to solo, though. Interested in some solo builds
    For my rotation, I must say I'm still pretty clueless... I use:
    Ravage + Gut Punch, Lacceration, Thrash + Disarm, Sundering, Mutilation, Jagged Cut, Impale, Dust, Ravage + Gut Punch, DS. Should be pretty much dead by then. If not, repeat bleeds/Impale. But as said, I'm still pretty clueless on this. Any advice?
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

I'm pretty noob on rvr tbh lol. But on lights, I apply all bleeds then sundering blow then impale, ravage and they should be at half morale to then use DS apply bleeds again and use ravage/sudden strikes, they should be dead if not impale will probably be off cd in a sec, so then I use that. That works most of time, and ofc throw in a disarm when u feel you need to, and use gut punch if u see em doing induction for big skill etc.....
    Selembar - R12 - Minstrel
    Celem - R6 - Champion
    PvP Youtube channel
    Kinship : Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Soooo... I have a Reaver now, since U10. Rank 6 atm, I bought some skills: Thrash, Mutilation, Impale, Wrath. Corruptions atm:
    - Critical Rating boost 5x
    - HfP II
    Gorgeous Impale criticals. I want to solo, though. Interested in some solo builds
    For my rotation, I must say I'm still pretty clueless... I use:
    Ravage + Gut Punch, Lacceration, Thrash + Disarm, Sundering, Mutilation, Jagged Cut, Impale, Dust, Ravage + Gut Punch, DS. Should be pretty much dead by then. If not, repeat bleeds/Impale. But as said, I'm still pretty clueless on this. Any advice?
    Impale is everything, nowadays. You need to get it off as many times as you can in a fight, so make that your first priority. You have too much to do right away between stacking debuffs, bleeds, slow, etc. to waste time with Ravage until later in the fight. Also, unless you're running Common Damage to take advantage of peoples' high neglect for phys mit in the moors, Sundering is very low priority vs freep classes. Don't even bother against squishy, high-dps targets. While it appears to be great when you test it on creep buddies in spars, it only subtracts ~2% from freep tac mit since freepside mit conversions are very different from creepside. It's also critical that you have some sort of slow (hamstring or blade toss) up when you start to bleed stack, as many people are used to watching their reaver bleeds and will try to kite or cc you to prevent 4-bleed Impales.

For a 1v1 - or a small group fight where this target isn't going to die in the next 10s or something - try this intro:

Upper Hand+*Quick Immediate->Thrash+Gut Punch->Lacerate->Hamstring->Jagged+Disarm->Mutilate->Impale->Dust. From there, continue to keep bleeds stacked, hamstring up, Ravage+Gut Punch when you can, and Impale as often as possible. Blade Toss instead of Hamstring is just fine, too, depending on opponent, although I personally like to try and save it for kiting or to catch some positional damage. You might want to cut off something post-Charge! with Resilience, too, just to make sure your 4 bleed Impale lands.

The first 4 skills may look weird, so I'll explain. Thrash is your most powerful bleed, so you want to get it going as fast as possible. It also has a longer cd than Impale, so if you throw it first in your 4 bleed succession, you'll be able to utilize it for your next couple Impales before the cd difference catches up. If you throw up Upper Hand right before Thrash, the Thrash bleed can't be potted - which is awesome since you'll get the Impale damage and it's your most potent bleed. As far as the *Quick Immediate, this is either Blood of Fire (if it happens to be off and off cd) or the "Addle Trick" done with Gut Punch - you can start Thrash insanely fast since Thrash is a "Fast" skill.

Obviously, like all things, this is highly subject to change depending on the scenario (already got a bunch of wounds? skip Upper Hand. Other creeps involved? Skip Hamstring. Gonna die pretty quick? Hit Impale sooner and skip the bleed stacking.) Should change a lot based on the class you're fighting, as well. RK fire dmg and wound protection (start with SS and Dust), Disarm timing, and Hamstring priority being just a few examples.
    Last edited by harman097; Apr 13 2013 at 09:24 PM.
    Turwe-1, Crickhollow ~ Alakra, Meneldor ~ Snuke, Meneldor ~ Suge-1, Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by harman097 View Post
    RK fire dmg and wound protection (start with SS and Dust), Disarm timing, and Hamstring priority being just a few examples.
    You pretty much said all of what's needed here, so +rep for that

But I only question this last part, usually myself I go Sundering and Upper hand for fire and wound negate, since if you use sundering it just negates the sod all damage and gives the RK one buff, but you still get the 4k armor debuff, and if you use upper hand you still get the 1.5k armor buff. Though I suppose SS dust is a bit faster but it all depends on situation

Quote Originally Posted by TiberPancake View Post
    You pretty much said all of what's needed here, so +rep for that

But I only question this last part, usually myself I go Sundering and Upper hand for fire and wound negate, since if you use sundering it just negates the sod all damage and gives the RK one buff, but you still get the 4k armor debuff, and if you use upper hand you still get the 1.5k armor buff. Though I suppose SS dust is a bit faster but it all depends on situation
    Not sure what you said there... xD But thx for the advice Olog & Haman. What about corruptions?
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Not sure what you said there... xD But thx for the advice Olog & Haman. What about corruptions?
    It's specific to fighting RKs who use a skill to negate/remove the first fire damage and wound you put on them. So, if you use Thrash on an RK with that buff it will be instantly negated. Thus, you use another skill that will remove that buff so that your Thrash will hit.

I use HfP2, DfP2, one mastery, and critical ratings for the rest.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000020a8c6/signature.png]Slyzer[/charsig]