We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 42 of 42
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    1,593
    These forums are le $uck.

    Vinner I'm still here for the people and because as sh!tty as warg is atm I still have fun some days. I try other games but I always seem to end up back here. I wish &&&&&&&& would focus more on PvP but it is what it is.
    [B][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]Gladden[/SIZE]
    <Cmdr. Dolcarak><Lt. Cojiro>
    ~Leader of SotWH~[/COLOR][COLOR=blk]
    [/COLOR]

    [/CENTER]




    [/B]

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    Me? nothing much, been playing League of Legends a bit, tried it? you'd blend right in
    Hed is out of it until the gear grind drops somewhat and hunters stop getting them nerfs.
    that goes for me too by the way. Too much grinding if you ask me. the gap from 0 audacity to max is bigger than ever and I dont know if Ill bother to redo it anytime soon.
    Bah, League is for Le nubs haha, that's why my bro plays it . Anyway, that's good to hear. I miss owning u and makin ya cry hehehehhee .

    Quote Originally Posted by the_blah View Post
    PvP shouldn't have to be about maps and mechanics to be "fun".

    The reason why PvP fails for some people is because they "expect" things handed to them. It's really up to the players to keep things fun. We need more "doers".

    As under powered or over powered sides become the action is still there. And it only happens when people are willing step up and contribute class, skill, and number balance. But since this is a PvE MMO (farming>playing). This pretty much ruins the attitude of the ettenmoors. Making a new map will not make PvP better imo. It would be nice! but the same things will just happen all over again because people want quick, easy, and painless. It has to be a community effort or it ain't going to work.
    I've been a doer for a long time, but Turbine doesn't do much either heh. Yeah, I think a new map would be nice, Fair, but all I was stating is the epitome of laziness they displayed, not necessarily it would cure pvp (they destroyed it too much that it will take a lot to be cured anyway), but it adds a new "zest" to the proverbially stew that is lotro pvp.

    Thx for the answer tho Clown, even if our relationship has been rocky over the last couple years; I appreciate your thoughts on the matter and no smart ace, insulting comments like some ppl have made, like when they didn't know who I was, but that just amazes me how some ppl reacted to me from a simple question, regardless of identity, haha.

    I was asking a simple question heh; maybe I shoulda put the notifying statement ahead of time. Shame how the community has dipped a bit more than b4 since I left. I do a simple experiment to see how some of the community will respond to me anon, and since some ppl didn't know who I was making a post, I get bashed for some reason lol?

    Oh well. I still love a certain cappie even if he did say I was "terrible" from what I said b4 knowing who I was, much respect and one of the greatest lotro players I've seen .

    Quote Originally Posted by shark1979 View Post
    I had a nice well thought out post, then I hit reply and the forums said I needed to log in. I hate this POS forum so much.

    I think most people get frustrated with the PvP here, myself included, because everyone can see the potential here for the PvP to be the best out of any game out there. The problem is Turbine, they refuse to address it. The only thing I want is a new map, Helm's Deep preferably.
    Google chrome ftw redd; it usually saves your stuff if that happens I think anyway, been a while for me since that's happened as I haven't been on the forums in a long while.

    That's exactly what I was trying to say tho Redd (until I got berated for no reason for bringing up simple facts and stats lol). It's a shame what coulda been if not for laziness displayed. It's all principle is what I'm saying; and I'm beating a dead horse here, I know, but what else will get the point across :P?

    Thanks tho, man, can always count on you for a respectful and honest answer. Agree with Helm's Deep pvp zone, that be epic.

    Quote Originally Posted by CatManDoo View Post
    These forums are le $uck.


    Vinner I'm still here for the people and because as sh!tty as warg is atm I still have fun some days. I try other games but I always seem to end up back here. I wish &&&&&&&& would focus more on PvP but it is what it is.
    I hope me posting again was able to spice it up a bit tho haha. Seems so, so far.

    Yeah man, you've seen it all and been through it all. Thx tho Dol; I wish we could still have our good 1v1s like in SoA, man, those were the days!
    Last edited by MedullaAbShlonggata; Apr 17 2013 at 12:55 AM.

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by MedullaAbShlonggata View Post

    Yeah man, you've seen it all and been through it all. Thx tho Dol; I wish we could still have our good 1v1s like in SoA, man, those were the days!
    SOA >>>> every update/expansion since
    .
    Reddmedic - R10 Defiler
    The Old Timers Guild LOTRO | Server - Gladden

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,738
    Quote Originally Posted by shark1979 View Post
    SOA >>>> every update/expansion since
    *except RoI
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by shark1979 View Post
    SOA >>>> every update/expansion since
    Indeed man. I'd die to go back then.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    *except RoI
    You werent here for prebk12 tho, Vic, so you can't take in the full picture of how great SoA was in its entirety . See, the importance of playing a long time and garnering that perspective heh. Hehe, I still remember lil noob Vic starting out in book 12 as well as all the incoming flux of nooblets for the gear. You were a bright spot then, as well as a aspiring, good hunter; alas, sad how things have changed.

    Anyway, I still to this day feel book 12-14 though was the most balanced pvp we ever had across the board, as Valistar called it, (when he wasn't a COMPLETE nutjob) the "Golden Age of PvP" back when he had a little common sense and logic. However, I will agree with you (rarely for once) that RoI was a good bit of pvp that most of us enjoyed, myself liking it particularly 1v1 wise, as well ofc in general, hence why I was still playing then haha.
    Last edited by MedullaAbShlonggata; Apr 16 2013 at 06:34 PM.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,738
    Quote Originally Posted by MedullaAbShlonggata View Post
    Indeed man. I'd die to go back then.



    You werent here for prebk12 tho, Vic, so you can't take in the full picture of how great SoA was in its entirety . See, the importance of playing a long time and garnering that perspective heh. Hehe, I still remember lil noob Vic starting out in book 12 as well as all the incoming flux of nooblets for the gear. You were a bright spot then, as well as a aspiring, good hunter; alas, sad how things have changed.

    Anyway, I still to this day feel book 12-14 though was the most balanced pvp we ever had across the board, as Valistar called it, (when he wasn't a COMPLETE nutjob) the "Golden Age of PvP" back when he had a little common sense and logic. However, I will agree with you (rarely for once) that RoI was a good bit of pvp that most of us enjoyed, myself liking it particularly 1v1 wise, as well ofc in general, hence why I was still playing then haha.
    You used to respect me and my opinions... until I started disagreeing with you
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    You used to respect me and my opinions... until I started disagreeing with you
    The feeling with that is mutual lol ^.

    Also, I started losing respect for you when you started "coming at me, bro" (thought I'd throw in that phrase, since I'm so juvenile and all) for no reason after I was in arguments with others and their stupid and inane logic (aka a certain burg that thought warding lore buffs= character's gear in organized 1v1s lol and ya got on me after that for some reason) that had nothing to do with ya, and then I got fed up with it after a bit seeing you were trying to be the forum police for some reason, because it made no sense why you were bashing me from friendly storied past, but it's whatever, the dice in that regard has been cast.

    Like I said before those things happened, I've done nothing but respect and back ya up whenever you were in arguments in the past or if people were on ya ace, but I guess that didn't mean much; I felt betrayed in a way, I did. Hey tho man, enjoy your life, I wish ya all the best. In game, however (if I ever came back), don't expect me to be ur best ally hehe. As the hilarious, lovable Flyers goalie for my team, Ilya Bryzgalov aka Mr. Universe says: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

    I just thought I clear the air about that...

    Anyway, I made the same post on the monster play forums since I got barraged by some with insults and negative criticism for no reason on the community forum, heh, thought I could trust my own community to give me simple and non trolling and non derogatory answers haha, but I was wrong. http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...s-Been-6-Years... It was received well there tho.
    Last edited by MedullaAbShlonggata; Apr 16 2013 at 11:49 PM.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,698
    I miss RoI, I had top gear, a lot of people were playing. PvP wasnt so much in favour of Audacity. However, Wardens, Minstrels & RKs are still just as godly OP. Lol......and now hunters got that ultimate bubble.
    Nerf healing in PvMP and just maybe it will be worth it again.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    I miss RoI, I had top gear, a lot of people were playing. PvP wasnt so much in favour of Audacity. However, Wardens, Minstrels & RKs are still just as godly OP. Lol......and now hunters got that ultimate bubble.
    Do rank buffs give freeps that big of a boost as I think they do? Particularly high ranked freeps? That's what I would presume though not having played in a while.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,698
    Quote Originally Posted by MedullaAbShlonggata View Post
    Do rank buffs give freeps that big of a boost as I think they do? Particularly high ranked freeps? That's what I would presume though not having played in a while.
    Well that on top of Captain buffs give people extreme health. For instance, yesterday I was attacked by two RKs and one of them had 11k hp I believe, sure. would be fair if I could deal half of the same damage. was dead before I managed to say "Oh snap..."
    Cant say freeps didnt deserve them promotions, but still. freeps could wreck creeps without them.
    Nerf healing in PvMP and just maybe it will be worth it again.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    429
    Cappy buffs + battlefield promotions still don't have most freeps (exceptions are guardians prolly) any where close to creep health.. the issue is freep dps not matching up to creep mitigations as well, imo. My mins with buffs might have 12k hps but I still go down like a papertowl in a rain storm when I have 4-5 creeps (especially all the stuns/conjs). Without stuns or conjs, though, I could tank a creep raid probably indefinitely. Hunter dps is a little insane right now, hence the consistently found hunter turret in the moors. Good hunters are hitting for 12k+ in the moors, and I can still only VT for maybe 4k (on a dev crit) on my dps specced BA.

    The best pvp on Gladden is still found in glff.
    ~ Nirrti-1 - R11 Min ~ Morwendiel R7 LM ~ Rhodri-1 R7 champ ~ Skreemer R8 WL ~ Extenze R10 BA ~

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    Well that on top of Captain buffs give people extreme health. For instance, yesterday I was attacked by two RKs and one of them had 11k hp I believe, sure. would be fair if I could deal half of the same damage. was dead before I managed to say "Oh snap..."
    Cant say freeps didnt deserve them promotions, but still. freeps could wreck creeps without them.
    Was that you saying "Oh snap" in Norwegian or English ? Seems like another setback though, not like thats unusual or anything though :P.

    I found this funny though; here is what a certain community dev said on a thread in monster play to someone and their retaliation towards them about their company messing up pvp: "Creating a thread with multiple violations of the community guidelines is not a very good way to get your point across. Closed."

    Lol, typical totalitarian bs is what I'm talking about, not even willing to listen. I read the thread, and even posted in it not even viciously attacking them like usual, and it didn't seem like it was a bad thread, but hey, least they responded .

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,698
    Quote Originally Posted by MedullaAbShlonggata View Post
    Was that you saying "Oh snap" in Norwegian or English ? Seems like another setback though, not like thats unusual or anything though :P.

    I found this funny though; here is what a certain community dev said on a thread in monster play to someone and their retaliation towards them about their company messing up pvp: "Creating a thread with multiple violations of the community guidelines is not a very good way to get your point across. Closed."

    Lol, typical totalitarian bs is what I'm talking about, not even willing to listen. I read the thread, and even posted in it not even viciously attacking them like usual, and it didn't seem like it was a bad thread, but hey, least they responded .
    No, I hate the expression "Oh snap", its something my little sister says, even Vic and Ker says it. I just know that im dead when I stumble upon a rk so I usually just jump around them to I die. No need to waste cooldowns on 100% loss. Thats all I see though the few times Im online, Burgs spamming stuns and RKs with their godlike button mashing.

    Shouldnt really blame turbine for everything though. They created this out of the feedback given by the majority, which doesnt necessarily mean the most vocal.
    Nerf healing in PvMP and just maybe it will be worth it again.

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Morwen99 View Post
    Good hunters are hitting for 12k+ in the moors,
    Show me a pic of a hunter hitting 12k or + in the moors, and I'll show you their pathetic mitigations, redline traits, burn hot crit magnitude swap gear, store and crafted focus pots, and 4 OP buffs.

    I'll also show you how to kill a hunter within 3s if they're traited that way and THEY'RE the ones who get jumped, not you.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    1,593
    Swift, Hunters hit harder than any two creep classes together.... on me at least. its dumb, yes you are squishy but so am I and I can't hit that hard, and wait, you have how many CC skills to my 3-5?
    [B][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]Gladden[/SIZE]
    <Cmdr. Dolcarak><Lt. Cojiro>
    ~Leader of SotWH~[/COLOR][COLOR=blk]
    [/COLOR]

    [/CENTER]




    [/B]

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    Show me a pic of a hunter hitting 12k or + in the moors, and I'll show you their pathetic mitigations, redline traits, burn hot crit magnitude swap gear, store and crafted focus pots, and 4 OP buffs.

    I'll also show you how to kill a hunter within 3s if they're traited that way and THEY'RE the ones who get jumped, not you.
    I trait that way and your reaver jumped me and didnt kill me in 3s. It was quite the opposite.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  17. #42
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    da crib
    Posts
    152
    Most good hunters i know trait for bow
    [B] @2 [/B]

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload