We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Capt Greater Erebor Healer Set

Like the Shadows Lament 4 set bonus on the charge set I do not think that the 4 set bonus on the healer set works either. I've tried to spam words of courage while in combat, over and over, to see if i get the critcal heal proc to initiate but after 40+ attempts I never got anything on my buff bars saying anything about a critical chance for heals.

Has anyone gotten this set to work?
    Willdin (Burg) Lvl 85, Ashaburn (Guard) Lvl 85, Bendderr (Champion) Lvl 85, Adanarr (Captain) Lvl 85

Maybe try mousing over your critical rating, to see if the values change ( Tactical Critical I'd assume)? It would not surprise me though if it simply does not work.
    Beastwise | Gladden | Shock and Awe

Quote Originally Posted by cmash View Post
    Like the Shadows Lament 4 set bonus on the charge set I do not think that the 4 set bonus on the healer set works either. I've tried to spam words of courage while in combat, over and over, to see if i get the critcal heal proc to initiate but after 40+ attempts I never got anything on my buff bars saying anything about a critical chance for heals.

I can confirm that the bonus is working, although the WoC tooltip doesn't change with the set pieces equiped.
    The buff is called "Choice Words" and lasts 12 seconds. I don't know the exact wording of the buff b/c I am not at home right now and cannot log in to check.

Is there any official confirmation on the broken 4 set bonus of the charge set and the unchanged tooltips?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2621a00000013b4a9/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I can confirm this too; the chance is pretty low. The buff cannot apply twice in 60s as the bonus states; but getting applied once itself is pretty rare from my tries. It adds 15% crit chance to heals but lasts 10s (or 12 as other poster said; I might have checked it a sec late or so). The only consoling thing for me is using it and expecting both this chance and OH from cloak might trigger; but I am not really sure whether I will stick to it always and use; may swap for couple for WoCs when I use it.

Effectively, this set is not even obsolete, but rather useless. The low frequency of the buff, combined with the low duration of the buff, do not make this a viable set in any build. Even if you do macro for it...you're not looking to gain much.
    [center][b]Belthorien[/b][/center]

Thanks all for the confirmations, I'll go back to the hytbold VS set bonus with 2 audacity pieces for the six sec rally cry. It's disappointing that they can't even make gear that's a grind and nuisance to obtain even a viable option to use; capt was not the only class that I was completely disappointed with for the erebor sets.

They should bring back the VS 4 set bonus from OD where it causes a defeat response; there are many ways I could think of using a set like that and combining it with others.
    Willdin (Burg) Lvl 85, Ashaburn (Guard) Lvl 85, Bendderr (Champion) Lvl 85, Adanarr (Captain) Lvl 85

Thanks all for the confirmations, I'll go back to the hytbold VS set bonus with 2 audacity pieces for the six sec rally cry. It's disappointing that they can't even make gear that's a grind and nuisance to obtain even a viable option to use; capt was not the only class that I was completely disappointed with for the erebor sets.

They should bring back the VS 4 set bonus from OD where it causes a defeat response; there are many ways I could think of using a set like that and combining it with others.
    What we need (Valar forbid) is a few set bonuses that do for DPS and tanking what they do for healing =/
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

I have to agree this is one of the worst clusters for Captain set bonuses. Jewelry procs do more healing than this miniscule chance to apply a chance. It pains me to think of what % the Oathbreaker's reset is, once fixed.

The PvMP (and Hytbold) bonuses win yet again.
    Last edited by Beastnas; Apr 13 2013 at 06:41 PM.
    Beastwise | Gladden | Shock and Awe

Quote Originally Posted by Beastnas View Post
    It pains me to think of what % the Oathbreaker's reset is, once fixed.
    In beta, in the early builds where many set bonus descriptions contained proc chance info, it was 30% chance to proc. Hope they stuck with that.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000363f98/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rechart, Warden
    [url="http://platemetaljacket.blogspot.com/"]Plate Metal Jacket[/url]