We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How much fate is enough?

Soo..... after the dust has settled from the fate => ICPR changes, how much fate is enough?
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

I can not answer how much fate is enough, but i can help tackling the problem of how much ICPR is enough.

After U10 our power consumption, previously at ~4500 power/minute skyrocketed to 6000 power/minute.

Let's assume a 5000/minute power costs.

5000 ICPR gives you unlimited ammo.
    4k ICPR gives 5 min ammo.
    3k ICPR gives 2.5 minutes ammo.<<<My sweetspot>>>
    2500 ICPR gives you 2 minutes ammo.

Fate no longer scales linearly, a fellow posted here that 779 fate gives 1579 ICPR. Fate is not your only source of ICPR, as Inspire, DS and RC can give you fate. I would assume at least 1k of ICPR can come from these sources in a High critical build. Things can go south quickly in a low critical build

How much time of ammo should we aim for? I aim for 150s, the interval between ToNs, since running out of power when ToN cooldown ends is very annoying. So its ~3k ICPR. I will probably run some parses in 5Y2B to decide if i can safely remove my SfW in place of relentless optimism and still get more HPS and PoTs.
    That is another side effect of my critical tanking experiment that needs attention.

The ICPR contribution from fate is definitely linear since U10.

People only get confused by the fact that the fate tooltip includes a base-regen of 240 that technically doesn't come from fate.
    Each point of fate gives 1.71 ICPR since U10.1.

As for how much is enough, I can't answer that one. How much my power goes down depends quite a bit on my build and the instance I'm doing, and of course Loremasters can greatly help.
    I currently hower at around 550 fate, and i'm doing fine when traited red and using blade brother, getting harder in blue, and I still feel "Now for Wrath" is mandatory, which puts you in the odd situation that usually everyone stays topped on power except you as Captain.
    But I just don't see a way going much higher than ~650 fate without starting to cripple my important stats.