We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Please suggest another PVP based game.

Hi Everyone,

As some of you may already know, the last month has been nothing but a PITA for me when trying to log in on MM. Turbine has acknowledged that the issue is a delay loading the character data which causes a time out, but does not have a fix available for either me or the countless others in the Windows forums having the same issue.

Bottom line, logging into MM is a 1 out of 40 chance at this point, and frankly I'm just tired of trying now, and ready to move on to other things until they have a fix. If I liked any other class as much as the LM, I'd probably just focus on that, but under the circumstances I think moving on to something else is better for me as the grindy nature of LOTRO in order to PVP is just more than I'm willing to do again.

So I'm asking all you pvp'ers out there what pvp centric game you'd recommend (sans Eve Online... that's just too much to deal with) and preferably one that's not a first person shooter type, and leans towards fantasy like LOTRO.

Suggestions?

Thanks all!!!

P.S. and yes, this means MM is taking a vacation (length of vacation dependent upon Turbines fix on this) so even though I only need a few more days to make R15, I'm going to have to pass that torch to someone else at this point.) Thanks to everyone for lots of fun, and years of solid entertainment. I hope to be back sooner rather than later.

MM

Quote Originally Posted by MythicDude View Post
    Hi Everyone,

As some of you may already know, the last month has been nothing but a PITA for me when trying to log in on MM. Turbine has acknowledged that the issue is a delay loading the character data which causes a time out, but does not have a fix available for either me or the countless others in the Windows forums having the same issue.

Bottom line, logging into MM is a 1 out of 40 chance at this point, and frankly I'm just tired of trying now, and ready to move on to other things until they have a fix. If I liked any other class as much as the LM, I'd probably just focus on that, but under the circumstances I think moving on to something else is better for me as the grindy nature of LOTRO in order to PVP is just more than I'm willing to do again.

So I'm asking all you pvp'ers out there what pvp centric game you'd recommend (sans Eve Online... that's just too much to deal with) and preferably one that's not a first person shooter type, and leans towards fantasy like LOTRO.

Suggestions?

Thanks all!!!

P.S. and yes, this means MM is taking a vacation (length of vacation dependent upon Turbines fix on this) so even though I only need a few more days to make R15, I'm going to have to pass that torch to someone else at this point.) Thanks to everyone for lots of fun, and years of solid entertainment. I hope to be back sooner rather than later.

MM
    Guild Wars 2.

Relatively balanced PvP (class-wise, although not perfect). Instanced PvP. Open World PvP is zergfest but fun(nothing new there). Game is solid and there is no subscription fees to worry about. It's done just about everything right. I personally like the slower paced PvP of LOTRO, then again I'm an old &$^*.

I may not agree with how you PvP at times, but I'd sure like to see FF get its first r15 PvPer. Hang in there!
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

Well..I tend to agree with Balidor with your playstyle but I know how I would feel with any game that gave me that much frustration in simply logging in. Kinda sucks a lot. Yup..GW2 is the only real contender that I heard of recently, haven't tried it myself though tbh. You could try get a beta key to Elder Scrolls online, but if you get one I have to slap the face off you with a wet fish.
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5668936TsVpp.png[/img][/url]
    Rank 12 Warleader, Flaprat Rank 11 Reaver, various other ones i'm useless at...

GW2 or ESO? Garbage.

RIFT.
    Brittain. Fidel. KimJongIl.

Warcraft has awesome pvp and is the one thing I really miss about the game.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000002f1f5b/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Hope Freeps get their soon to be first real r15 back!

I actually feel sorry for this...Nevertheless I once heard of a game called WOW. Lol The easy days for Creeps are endless as we already got OP powers and seem to get less of a challenge by losing one and only LM that is nightmarish.

Sad to loose you MM

You will be sorely missed sir! There's no other LM that breeds as much fear, loathing, contempt, and irritation as Mythicman is capable of, and take that as a complement as it's clearly a testament to your effectiveness and contributions in the Moors.
    I would suggest Rift as well, but soon Elder Scrolls will be here and you're looking at a multi-million dollar development spanning many years and based on all the other games they've produced, it should be far more in line and worthy of someone that pvp's at such a high level.
    Also, check back in, maybe Monday's update will address the log in. Fingers crossed for you, and hope to see you back soon and until then, we'll just hold that R15 slot with your name on it as everyone knows it is well deserved.

First real R15 ???

Sorry, i like mythic and all but the first r 15 freep is no longer obtainable as it was already achieved by thorvion, you can argue

it any way youd like but he will always be firefoots first r 15 freep, and he will always be number one on the leaderboards, i think

its funny how hard you try to ignore or forget about it but its already been done, case closed no if ands or butts about it you

lose boohoo now cut it out and own up to the truth.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000161ac2/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Failure is good. It gives me something to avoid.

Have you tried client reinstall? Corrupt client data can cause the connection has timed out error when logging in. Had that problem myself. You log into the world you can see your character but it is frozen in one spot and eventually connection to the server has been lost. Sound familiar?

Gw2 pvp is alot of fun if you don't take it too seriously. What shocked me was the near total absence of log. Siege combat with dozens of skill effects and characters taking part and I don't even need to adjust graphic settings. There are some balance issues but very solid game overall.
    Last edited by Idiotvillage; Apr 14 2013 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ann3 View Post
    Sorry, i like mythic and all but the first r 15 freep is no longer obtainable as it was already achieved by thorvion, you can argue

it any way youd like but he will always be firefoots first r 15 freep, and he will always be number one on the leaderboards, i think

its funny how hard you try to ignore or forget about it but its already been done, case closed no if ands or butts about it you

"...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

Quote Originally Posted by ann3 View Post

Daith, just stawp.

I'm not sure why you've become Thorvion's mouthpiece in more ways than one. He isn't going to make you a better player, he isn't going to stop people from thinking what they already think about you, and frankly, you're just becoming a huge disappointment. And from what I recall, he didn't once defend you when you were, arguably, being bullied in GLFF. What's your goal? To defend someone that has intentionally cheated a system so they can have cool friends like you? I mean, really?

If Thorvion wants to get on the Forums and defend his non-existent ranking, then so be it. Sooner or later, Vyxe will delete players like Thorvion from the leaderboards and then they have nothing, just like they started. It's the whole reason Thorvion even started clubbing. He thought rank would bring him some recognition...and it did. Not for his game play or his attitude towards but for his obvious exploitation of a system. From my understanding and according to other Res members, beyond actual spam healing on his Warden, he doesn't understand the Warden class. He doesn't use masteries, he doesn't build up his tanking stance, buff, etc. So, without an exploited rank, he might as well just re-roll.

Maybe play a hunter?
    Brittain. Fidel. KimJongIl.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoolygen View Post
    Warcraft has awesome pvp and is the one thing I really miss about the game.
    Better than lotro for sure.

You could try the Age of Conan PVPVPVP..Sorry you're having troubles with Lotro . Seems there is a lot of that lately .

Quote Originally Posted by BrittainTheCommie View Post
    GW2 or ESO? Garbage.

RIFT.
    I agree, Rift is a great game.

Thanks for all the great suggestions........

I was kinda hoping today's update would address the tons of people having the same or similar log in issues but alas.... that was not the case.

I really appreciate all the input and suggestions and for now it looks like I might get to beta Elder Scrolls so that should prove at least entertaining. I'll keep trying from time to time to log in and when I do, I'll moors it up as much as I can.

Thanks for saving me a R15 slot Weavin LOL.... most likely that torch is going to be passed to (a very deserving) Balbaroy though. Early gratz to you Balb if you still read the forums..... sure would have been fun to have a race to the finish with you though.

Anyway, Feic... you might want to get that fish ready man!!!! lol.

Take care all and at some point I hope to see you all out there again... either LOTRO, ES, Rift, or as yet to be decided.

Cya for now though!!!!

MM

Hey Mythic ... come and play GW2 with Legion... we're on dragonbrand server. We currently run as Warsworn... stop by our site warswornguild.com ... would love to fight alongside u again man, were always a wonderful fella whenever we chatted on vent/ts3.

The Last of Us looks absolutely sick despite having been hacked before even being released. If the pvp isn't littered with hackers it should make for a great multiplayer with the concept of scavenging, constructing, and upgrading your arsenal within the match as well as build making with CoD style perks.

SOTA by Richard G

shroudoftheavatar.com

Check it out it will be amazing! Original founder of Ultima series

Thumbs up Ello Myth

Im Playing GW2 on Sorrow's furnace server and lots of pvp i like the wvw on there as well come join us theres a few from lotro over there in the same kin send me a message here or there i have 3 lvl 80's already and ones a ranger name Zper lol
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000022bd46/signature.png]Zper[/charsig]