We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

In Need of Virtue Advice

Need to pick the cappy collective brains here:

I've got my cappy to cap and am getting ready to start working on her deeds but am very uncertain about which virtues to work on first. I've inspected a few cappies on my server and they all seem to have different virtues slotted...they only 2 I have seen almost all carry are Zeal and Valour.

Do you Cappies, who've been at cap, use different virtues depending on what you are doing (ie. dps, healing, tanking, buffing)?

Thank you for any and all advice.

tolerance fidelity honour zeal innocence
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Loseda View Post
    Need to pick the cappy collective brains here:

I've got my cappy to cap and am getting ready to start working on her deeds but am very uncertain about which virtues to work on first. I've inspected a few cappies on my server and they all seem to have different virtues slotted...they only 2 I have seen almost all carry are Zeal and Valour.

Do you Cappies, who've been at cap, use different virtues depending on what you are doing (ie. dps, healing, tanking, buffing)?

Thank you for any and all advice.
    What I like to do is think of virtues like dirt to fill in the holes in your build. So if you are weak in one particular area, like Morale for example, or Tactical Mitigation - I would focus on virtues that increase those. That's probably why you see them vary so much.

For virtues, always mitigations, never core stats (might, fate, vit) or morale. You can make that up easily enough on your gear - mitigations are harder to do.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

On a related note....

What is everyone's thoughts on the trait "Mercy"?

Re: Mercy, I ignore all the virtues that have non-combat regen on them. Also, the amount of mitigation it provides is good, but Honour provides the same amount plus a really big chunk of Resistance. The 11 Vitality on Honour is wimpy, sure, but at least it's not worthless like NCPR is.
    Last edited by furtim; Apr 20 2013 at 08:09 AM.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

I think Mercy used to be a decent virtue for Captains back before Fate gave out-of-combat power regen - since we typically had such low Will numbers and it was a nice way to boost a real weakness while grabbing some extra tactical mitigation in the process. But as things are now, I'd agree it's not very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    Re: Mercy, I ignore all the virtues that have non-combat regen on them. Also, the amount of mitigation it provides is good, but Honour provides the same amount plus a really big chunk of Resistance. The 11 Vitality on Honour is wimpy, sure, but at least it's not worthless like NCPR is.
    I was contemplating how well using Mercy, combined with the other heavy Tact Mit traits would work, with a virtue build like:

Tolerance
    Fidelity
    Mercy
    Honour
    Innocence

The idea was to min/max tactical mitigation on the virtues, giving us the most of what we lack.

For those wondering, Compassion's the other Tactical Mit trait, but it also has OCPR on it. However, it's has the lowest amount of tactical mitigation, so Innocence is a clearly better choice, since Innocence has the same Physical Mitigation plus Resistance.
    Last edited by Almagnus1; Apr 20 2013 at 04:25 PM.

Personally, I use half of my virtues for ICPR, so I hadn't contemplated that kind of build. If your goal is simply to stack tactical mit, then Mercy is clearly better than the Compassion, I agree.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Personally, I use half of my virtues for ICPR, so I hadn't contemplated that kind of build. If your goal is simply to stack tactical mit, then Mercy is clearly better than the Compassion, I agree.
    What's your virtue loadout look like?

Mercy is the only virtue from that list that's really weak, throwing in a different virtue would probably be a better improvement IMO.

I use Innocence, Idealism, Patience, Loyalty, and Fidelity. Going for more Tact Mit is certainly better if you have your power under control. Personally, though, I haven't had a lot of time to play since before U10, so I'm considerably behind the gear curve right now. (Plus, I hate deed grinding, so I'm avoiding a few theoretically-superior choices just because they're stuck back at Rank 9 or whatever.)

I use Innocence, Idealism, Patience, Loyalty, and Fidelity. Going for more Tact Mit is certainly better if you have your power under control. Personally, though, I haven't had a lot of time to play since before U10, so I'm considerably behind the gear curve right now. (Plus, I hate deed grinding, so I'm avoiding a few theoretically-superior choices just because they're stuck back at Rank 9 or whatever.)
    Hear ya on the deed grinding - however, deed accelerators help with that one (cuts the work in half), and you can get them from new lowby chars in the level bound package (level one up to level 15, stick the deed accelerators in shared storage, delete, repeat).

It would be worth doing some research before investing too much time into grinding them.

for convience sake i just buy the virtues i need...kind of cheating or pay to win but what the hell i'm a LIFER!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000170c6/signature.png]Brash[/charsig]