We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A new skill idea / traitline

So the class revamp has a significant chance of including a change to the yellow line, may introduce trait trees ( ok for MC but not keen on locking current good choices being locked behind current bad choices )

Well getting to my idea, the premise is making our aoe damage a little bit more complex than traiting for a Rain of Arrows spam. It could in the present system be built in to a revamped yellow line (our new aoe line in this context) as trait gated skill or perhaps yellow capstone.

The yellow line could include traits such as - induction time for split shot, decreased cooldown, increased damage etc. Make it a more widely uaed skill. My thoughts behind an aoe line is champs can keep up with our single target damage but currently we can't keep up with their aoe damage by any means, and attempting to do so is much more risky but also reduces to a one shot spam.

So finally the actual skill idea I set out to suggest is....

Rain of barbs, guess what? It's a mix of RoA's animation, skill effect but adds a stacking bleed to the multiple effected targets. Stacking with normal barbed arrow and maybe once with itself. Anymore would be too much.

So feedback is the name of the game, let me know what you think. On 1, an Aoe line, 2 Rain of Barbs a capstone legendary intended to add damage and variety to our Aoe skills.

Ps. If trapper and CC is precious to you, would you consider an Aoe aspect to differentiate blue from red? Seemed to be a theme from the kelsan thread. And I guess my intention is to give us a viable second role without having an CC ideas myself, but did think being a close but def. Second to champs Aoe would be fun (added as edit)
    Last edited by Eldarian_Grace; Apr 11 2013 at 06:52 AM.
    Elendilmir - 95 Hunter Berenthalion - 80ish Burg Berendybuck - baby warden Berenion.

Worst Reaver on the server BerendyBash - R4

Any feedback? Completely uninspiring or a reasonable idea?

Hunters have mainly been high burst single target DPS and i really like the fact that the class is specific, however i do think the CC role of the hunter is often seldom used because its just not needed in a raid situation.

You do bring up some interesting points and i can't wait to see where they go with the class
    Ravdor, Hunter | Bamor, R12 Warden | Imladris -> CrickHollow | Raid Leader of DarkCarnage
    www.youtube.com/ravdor || www.twitch.tv/bamorz

Two Dps traitlines is already enough, we don't need another when two is nearly exactly the same but one just hits hard and the other hits faster with better overall damage.

Your ideas aren't inspiring since you only pointed out 3 ideas (which is not a revamp, etc.) and that you talked about a new legendary capstone and didn't have an idea for it. But regardless, I love the RoB (rain of barb) idea.

My revisioned thoughts:
    1. Leave yellow line as the CC line.
    2. Merge current blue and red line together into a new red line.
    3. New blue line is aoe based, longer induction but more aoe capabilities for better overall damage.
    4. Have RoB gain different bonuses depending on how you trait. Red-more raw damage, blue-bigger bleeds/ +1more dot,yellow-adds a slow.

Quote Originally Posted by lioheart View Post
    Two Dps traitlines is already enough, we don't need another when two is nearly exactly the same but one just hits hard and the other hits faster with better overall damage.

Your ideas aren't inspiring since you only pointed out 3 ideas (which is not a revamp, etc.) and that you talked about a new legendary capstone and didn't have an idea for it. But regardless, I love the RoB (rain of barb) idea.

My revisioned thoughts:
    1. Leave yellow line as the CC line.
    2. Merge current blue and red line together into a new red line.
    3. New blue line is aoe based, longer induction but more aoe capabilities for better overall damage.
    4. Have RoB gain different bonuses depending on how you trait. Red-more raw damage, blue-bigger bleeds/ +1more dot,yellow-adds a slow.
    The only argument I have against your criticisms is that details tend to be superfluous for suggestions, as the dev team even in anyones wildest dreams would never fully translate any idea into the game (IMO) no matter how good it seemed to everyone else. Probably a professional pride thing.

I'm glad you like the RoB's idea and the adaptation via traits concept is very current and would be implemented along the lines of MC trees I guess.

Lastly the differenciation of blue vs red, single vs AoE (either way) of yours would a good way to go IMO.

Anyone else with 2c?
    Elendilmir - 95 Hunter Berenthalion - 80ish Burg Berendybuck - baby warden Berenion.

Worst Reaver on the server BerendyBash - R4