We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 57
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,864
    Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    As the leader of the raid I really don't care how anyone else does it, my raid needs to learn it the best way for us, not for someone else. I'm assuming most kinships are like that.

    Your last statement saying the only thing you can measure is the release time to down time is silly. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess your kin does more then 9 hours a week raiding...
    Well, we had 12 raid nights during March whereas 3 of them were BG or OD nights. We raid for 3 hours per raid night except OD and BG nights which are shorter raid nights of course.
    3rd (BG), 5th (BG), 6th (FA Farm) , 7th, 8th (OD), 10th, 14th (Where we did SmaugT2CM), 17th, 18th, 21st (where we did BFET2CM), 24th, and 28th
    As for April we raid every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.

    I don't really see consistency in your "I really don't care how anyone else does it" when you clearly seem to bother "going out on a limb" about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    and thus you are excited to be ranked number one on an MMO forum for staying home? I don't get it.
    I agree, it'd be loads more impressive if we got ranked number one on an MMO forum for staying outside. Sadly we're not hardcore enough to raid outdoors
    Last edited by Elrantiri; Apr 13 2013 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Removed cancelled raid night

  2. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post

    I don't really see consistency in your "I really don't care how anyone else does it" when you clearly seem to bother "going out on a limb" about it.
    By "going out on a limb" I mean "I'm going to guess that", I suppose there are different interpretations, but I'm from Canada what can I say. So I was simply stating I'm going to guess your happy with the ranking system because it suited the time you invest (my guess). Obviously rumors are incorrect and you have set me straight so I apologize for guessing you guys raided more than you do .

    Either way I didn't mean to single any kin out in general my original post was simply trying to demonstrate how ranking something off an uncontrollable factor doesn't make sense. It's like saying if we were at a food testing hall and you had slow baked something and I only had time to microwave it due real life factors that you are a better cook just because you had more time. We don't know who is the better cook, we just know that one of them had the time to do it first/better in this particular time frame.

    At any rate I don't have a good "better way" of ranking kins for completing content so by all means carry on, I simply was just stating my opinion (what the forums are for ).
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Gladden | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Behind you.
    Posts
    461
    It does not matter if somebody spent more time than you getting something down, it is silly and childish to point fingers and say "your kill doesn't count for as much because you spent more time in there than I/my kin did".

    Ranking kins was not a good idea, but time spent is just as much a factor as skill/experience/gear. (And hey, at least the OP made a real progression thread, props to him)
    .
    Gruid-Level 65 Burglar. Trebon-Level 65 Minstrel. Foilfang-Level 60 Hobbit Warden. Stiric-Level 56 Man Champion.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,864
    Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    By "going out on a limb" I mean "I'm going to guess that", I suppose there are different interpretations, but I'm from Canada what can I say. So I was simply stating I'm going to guess your happy with the ranking system because it suited the time you invest (my guess). Obviously rumors are incorrect and you have set me straight so I apologize for guessing you guys raided more than you do .
    I have the same interpretation I think, my point was rather that if you really didn't care you wouldn't even bother guessing.

    Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    Either way I didn't mean to single any kin out in general my original post was simply trying to demonstrate how ranking something off an uncontrollable factor doesn't make sense. It's like saying if we were at a food testing hall and you had slow baked something and I only had time to microwave it due real life factors that you are a better cook just because you had more time. We don't know who is the better cook, we just know that one of them had the time to do it first/better in this particular time frame.

    At any rate I don't have a good "better way" of ranking kins for completing content so by all means carry on, I simply was just stating my opinion (what the forums are for ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasin View Post
    It does not matter if somebody spent more time than you getting something down, it is silly and childish to point fingers and say "your kill doesn't count for as much because you spent more time in there than I/my kin did".

    Ranking kins was not a good idea, but time spent is just as much a factor as skill/experience/gear. (And hey, at least the OP made a real progression thread, props to him)
    Ranking kinships completely depends on what result you expect from the ranking. OPs previous way of ranking would be a fine way to see who's often among the first to kill the bosses. Ranking which kinship is the best would require much more than seeing who downs bosses first and it would be extremely subjective.
    Last edited by Elrantiri; Apr 13 2013 at 05:46 PM.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Norway, Bergen
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    Your last statement saying the only thing you can measure is the release time to down time is silly.
    I didn't say it was a good way but how else can you measure it then?

    Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    It's like saying if we were at a food testing hall and you had slow baked something and I only had time to microwave it due real life factors that you are a better cook just because you had more time. We don't know who is the better cook, we just know that one of them had the time to do it first/better in this particular time frame.
    All the list show is what kinship completed what raid in order of completing it, as far as I can see it doesn't say "Best Raiding Kinships" so maybe just take it for what it is, a list of kinship and what date they completed the raids.

    And I think most other kinships have real life factors as well and I must say I actually don't know a single kinship that doesn't, I myself have a job, wife, 3 months old baby, volleyball practice and two cats.

    Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    At any rate I don't have a good "better way" of ranking kins for completing content so by all means carry on, I simply was just stating my opinion (what the forums are for ).
    I was just stating my silly opinion

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Gattsu_EU View Post

    All the list show is what kinship completed what raid in order of completing it, as far as I can see it doesn't say "Best Raiding Kinships" so maybe just take it for what it is, a list of kinship and what date they completed the raids.

    I was just stating my silly opinion
    Fair enough
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Gladden | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    GV Steps
    Posts
    1,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpa View Post
    Not sure why it even matters. Done is done. Who gains anything from it?
    Kinship history is no basis for ranking anything, as the ebb and flow of player activity in this game is much too variable. Kins that have been world first or second in the past don't even have a raiding presence at all anymore (or aren't talking about it). Some kins don't post their accomplishments at all. Etc etc.

    The data is poor at best and there is no real way to make it good. If you want to say your kin did something, that's well and fine, but the context doesn't really exist outside of the particular thread - and can't possibly hold any comprehensive quality.

    All that aside, time played to victory would seem like the best way to rank, if it needs to be done at all. Again, such data is subject to falsification without question.
    I agree with you here. Keep in mind the OP is ranking based on dates completed. There's no real way to track time spent so it is the least arbitrary way to categorize completion. First =/= best and nowhere in the thread does it say otherwise now that he's not awarding points. As for kins who don't post or participate, i'm sure there are many.

    I like that someone keeps an ongoing list, it shows the players and turbine how many people attempt and complete the content.
    Bunnytail |Terminus Venatus Triumphus
    Mihiraa | Shock and Awe | Gladden
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    158
    You do realize that this raid cluster was completely borked right?

    Cas
    Viva Lotro!

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Caught White Handed, Riddermark, March 25 2013 T2C Smaug...

    It'll take me some work to dig up a screenshot, if one even exists because its one of the few runs I wasn't on.

    I'd hope the T2 server-first clear of T2 Flight speaks enough to my reputation.
    Smaug T2 HM: Please add a Screenshot with the achievement. Next Raid: I will always take the post-date, if no date is shown on the screenshot.



    ----------------------------


    Unborn Legends/Unquale: Updated!
    Aybara - Tank
    Brothers of Metal [Gwaihir]
    www.brothersofmetal.de

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadios View Post
    Smaug T2 HM: Please add a Screenshot with the achievement. Next Raid: I will always take the post-date, if no date is shown on the screenshot.


    Took me a while to hunt down the shot because it wasn't in our usual spot.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    368
    there's probably a lot more kins or groups out that have completed smaug t2c. It's not a hard fight so i can't imagine that only 20-30 kins completed it. We did it with people of our kin (Defiant) and a couple friends of Resistance. I'll try to get a pic of that here

    Got bfe t2c down to 2% yesterday with a mix of Defiant, Resistance and Hearts of Courage people. Most frustrating moment in my life :P
    Second Marshall Tarpelion/Commander Huntarp/Master guardsman Vindicto
    Stainless

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,864
    Quote Originally Posted by tarpelion View Post
    Got bfe t2c down to 2% yesterday with a mix of Defiant, Resistance and Hearts of Courage people. Most frustrating moment in my life :P
    The exact same thing happened to us the first night we completed it, just keep going

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    GV Steps
    Posts
    1,285
    Quote Originally Posted by tarpelion View Post
    there's probably a lot more kins or groups out that have completed smaug t2c. It's not a hard fight so i can't imagine that only 20-30 kins completed it. We did it with people of our kin (Defiant) and a couple friends of Resistance. I'll try to get a pic of that here

    Got bfe t2c down to 2% yesterday with a mix of Defiant, Resistance and Hearts of Courage people. Most frustrating moment in my life :P
    Cheers Tarp! I hope you guys get it soon.
    Bunnytail |Terminus Venatus Triumphus
    Mihiraa | Shock and Awe | Gladden
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    368
    ty guys gonna try it again today and make sure we'll get it
    Second Marshall Tarpelion/Commander Huntarp/Master guardsman Vindicto
    Stainless

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    368
    pic for smaug btw made it today but completed it 2 days ago

    http://imgur.com/4HVYeQg
    Second Marshall Tarpelion/Commander Huntarp/Master guardsman Vindicto
    Stainless

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    608
    Well, Smaug not worth mentioning, finally got our stuff together for Erebor T2 CM



    Legion der Freunde - [DE-RP] Belegaer

    Erebor T2 CM today
    Smaug some weeks earlier
    Last edited by MrKeks; Apr 15 2013 at 04:42 PM.
    [center][b][size=3]Cecthrantir[/b], Warden[/size]
    == never surrendered, never retired ==
    [b][url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsRLsg3XfBg]Orthanc - Destroyer of Rings[/url][/center][/b]

  17. #42
    [DE-RP] Belegaer - Legion der Freunde - Battle for Erebor T2 CM - 15.04.2013

    [CENTER] [DE-RP]Belegaer - Kinship Equilibrium - Raid: Legion der Freunde
    Loremaster/Burglar/Hunter/Guardian/Minstrel
    [/CENTER]

  18. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    The exact same thing happened to us the first night we completed it, just keep going
    We were really unlucky overall w/ the general client issues... RKs got bugged from all fates w/ the combination of lag. When we wiped at 2% the champ tanking the ads lagged and all of them were in the group, with the mini dead from taking my auto rez in a catapult, and then all after that tarp LDed the moment cappy bubble was called on the tank slightly before inferno. I'm hoping we can try to go in there with the same group as before, but as Tarp said it minus well be called a PUG group as we were advertising in GLFF.

    Anyways...

    /rant off.

    QQ

  19. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by totallynotatrollipromise View Post
    We were really unlucky overall w/ the general client issues... RKs got bugged from all fates w/ the combination of lag. When we wiped at 2% the champ tanking the ads lagged and all of them were in the group, with the mini dead from taking my auto rez in a catapult, and then all after that tarp LDed the moment cappy bubble was called on the tank slightly before inferno. I'm hoping we can try to go in there with the same group as before, but as Tarp said it minus well be called a PUG group as we were advertising in GLFF.

    Anyways...

    /rant off.

    QQ
    Sounds like a country song lol
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Gladden | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

  20. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    Sounds like a country song lol
    Explains why I hate country -_-

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Caught White Handed, Riddermark, March 25 2013 T2C Smaug...

    It'll take me some work to dig up a screenshot, if one even exists because its one of the few runs I wasn't on.

    I'd hope the T2 server-first clear of T2 Flight speaks enough to my reputation.
    Done

    Quote Originally Posted by tarpelion View Post
    pic for smaug btw made it today but completed it 2 days ago

    http://imgur.com/4HVYeQg
    Done

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragalo View Post
    [DE-RP] Belegaer - Legion der Freunde - Battle for Erebor T2 CM - 15.04.2013

    Done
    Aybara - Tank
    Brothers of Metal [Gwaihir]
    www.brothersofmetal.de

  22. #47


    Avorthalier/Wipeout finally managed to take down those two pesky troll brothers on T2 CM.

    Anduin / 18.04.13
    Last edited by Bjorngar; Apr 18 2013 at 05:16 PM.
    Do not take me for some conjurer of cheap tricks.

  23. #48
    you can find our deed log ss and take down dates on our www if this is still being updated.
    http://thephoenixrising.org

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjorngar View Post


    Avorthalier/Wipeout finally managed to take down those two pesky troll brothers on T2 CM.

    Anduin / 18.04.13
    Done

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZy_DayZ View Post
    you can find our deed log ss and take down dates on our www if this is still being updated.
    http://thephoenixrising.org
    Done, but if there is a new kill, please inform me.
    Aybara - Tank
    Brothers of Metal [Gwaihir]
    www.brothersofmetal.de

  25. #50
    Resurrection - Snowbourn

    Fires of Smaug T2C | 12.3.13



    Battle of Erebor T2C | 15.4.13

    MI6 - Evernight
    Original Challenger of Gothmog
    R4 Champion Erelena R9 Guardian Merebrand R12 Burglar R9 Captain R6 Hunter
    R8 Stalker | Nuntii R13 Reaver | R8 Warleader

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload