We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34
  1. #1

    Question How do you get Seals?

    How do you get Seals? My questions are: What Skirmishes and Instances give you Seals? What level are the Skirmishes and Instances? How much Seals do the Skirmishes and Instances give? +rep to whoever answers

  2. #2
    From what I can tell, the best way to earn skirmish currency is to do it on your own level, I believe Seals only come in at the level cap versions of the skirmishes.

    A good resource to use is the Lotro Wiki if the answer doesn't come about clearly here.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000001dd565/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxygingerz101 View Post
    How do you get Seals?
    With a club.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sunny So. Cal.
    Posts
    266
    I know that the following Fellowship run and Raids drop SEALS at level 85.

    ■The Bells of Dale (6 Player)
    ■Flight to the Lonely Mountain (12 player)
    ■The Fires of Smaug (12 Player)
    ■The Battle for Erebor (12 Player)

    This Dev Diary explains it all... http://www.lotro.com/en/game/article...ion-conversion
    Last edited by SilverHug; Apr 10 2013 at 10:55 PM.
    Moved from Nimrodel to Arkenstone!
    Do unto others as you would have others do unto you! Pew-Pew-Pew!

    Officer - Seekers of The Silmarils - Arkenstone

  5. #5
    All 3 and 6 person instances run at level 85 award Seals upon completion of the Challenge quest. Three person instances award 3 or 4 Seals. 6 person instances award 3 to 8 Seals. In most if not all cases, the Instance Finder bonus affects the number of Seals earned.

    All Raid size instances and skirmishes run at level 85 award Seals on all Tiers, but the number of Seals awarded varies by selection and difficulty.

    I do not believe any instances or skirmishes run below level 85 currently awards Seals, but I have not exhaustively tested all possibilities.

    Please see this thread for more information:

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...m-85-instances
    Last edited by Vexendynamus; Apr 10 2013 at 11:12 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexendynamus View Post
    I do not believe any instances or skirmishes run below level 85 currently awards Seals, but I have not exhaustively tested all possibilities.
    Whether they do or not isn't as important as the fact that they're not supposed to, so even if you manage to find something that does, it won't for long.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

  7. #7
    One can get seals from doing three and six mans and raids at lvl 85.

    The number of seals depends on the skirm/raid and doing challenge will generally earn you more. I think skraids only give two.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,544
    Skirmishes only give seals when done at raid size, not for solo/duo/three-man/6-man versions.
    Instances give seals on completion of the challenge quest.
    Other raids usually give seals when opening boss and/or challenge chests (with some exceptions on multi-boss wings).

    All of the above only applies if the content is set to level 85.

    You don't get seals anymore from old Isengard instances or any deeds (those only yield medaillions now).
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

  9. #9
    As others had said. You can't get seals unless you set the challege of said instances to lvl 85. So if your a soloer like myself, then you are out of luck earning seals to aquire the Erebor armor set. Though I've heard the Hytbold set is better if your playstyle is that of a soloer.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    GV Stairs
    Posts
    755
    The faster and easier seal farm I found is doing Sambrog with 5 dps+ captain.
    Lvl 85 ofc. If you are <85 there are no seals for you.
    [IMG]http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/254/6rpe.jpg[/IMG][FONT=Verdana]
    Tindalas is Laurelin's negative nancy. ([/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Felathurin aka Brunt)[/FONT]

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by TiNdA-LoS View Post
    The faster and easier seal farm I found is doing Sambrog with 5 dps+ captain.
    Lvl 85 ofc. If you are <85 there are no seals for you.
    Agree. Sambrog instance is the easiest and perhaps fastest way to get 4 seals (completed mostly under 10 min). This means you can pile up to 20 seals an hour doing Sambrog. 5 DPS + 1 Healer is lethal combo here, no real tanking needed for this instance though having a tank can help with multiple mobs that may swarm the healer.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    384
    This seems as good a place as any to say that at least a token one seal should be awarded for a solo skirmish at 85...the new arrangement forces very extensive grouping to accumulate the amount of seals needed to acquire a first age symbol. That would be a reward for perseverance and not an insult to raiders...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by VeryBeary View Post
    This seems as good a place as any to say that at least a token one seal should be awarded for a solo skirmish at 85...the new arrangement forces very extensive grouping to accumulate the amount of seals needed to acquire a first age symbol. That would be a reward for perseverance and not an insult to raiders...
    FA symbol can drop even from a 85 lvl solo skirmish but the probability to get it is very low - you will loot 5-10 starlit crystals first and several crystals of remembrance, 1-2 SA symbols and may be after all you can get 1 FA symbol. it is easier to buy from AH with earned gold.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322100000017383f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Justanother View Post
    FA symbol can drop even from a 85 lvl solo skirmish but the probability to get it is very low - you will loot 5-10 starlit crystals first and several crystals of remembrance, 1-2 SA symbols and may be after all you can get 1 FA symbol. it is easier to buy from AH with earned gold.
    This is the first time ever I hear about FA symbols from skirms, or SA symbols from non-raid skirms. Is this something confirmed, or just assumptions based on crystals dropping? Or is my sarcasm detector malfunctioning?

    To my knowledge the only content that can drop 85 FAs are Erebor T2 raids at 85.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimdi View Post
    This is the first time ever I hear about FA symbols from skirms, or SA symbols from non-raid skirms. Is this something confirmed, or just assumptions based on crystals dropping? Or is my sarcasm detector malfunctioning?

    To my knowledge the only content that can drop 85 FAs are Erebor T2 raids at 85.
    well I cannot confirm the drop in cap solo-skirmishes, however I've got a SA symbol for lvl 75 from "The Battle in the Tower" after getting several starlit crystals (not in a row). since nowhere is said about such a drop in that kind of skirmishes, I believe there is a very small chance to get special loot. that is why I supposed the same probability for cap solo-skirmishes.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322100000017383f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,763
    1st Age tokens don't drop from skirmishes at all, let alone solo skirmishes. I'm a little surprised that a L75 2nd Age symbol dropped in a solo skirmish.
    Last edited by Frisco; Apr 11 2013 at 11:36 AM.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,536
    Quote Originally Posted by VeryBeary View Post
    This seems as good a place as any to say that at least a token one seal should be awarded for a solo skirmish at 85...the new arrangement forces very extensive grouping to accumulate the amount of seals needed to acquire a first age symbol. That would be a reward for perseverance and not an insult to raiders...
    You need to complete all three new raids at level 85 on at least tier 1 before you can even barter for the symbols in the first place. At level 75, the only ways to get first age symbols were to get one from a T2 Orthanc raid, buy one from the AH or be very lucky with a lootbox or lottery. You should be thankful you can even barter for them at all, especially with currency easily earned through simple and fast stuff like Sambrog.

    I'm shocked to hear that anyone got a 75 2nd age symbol from a solo skirmish and remain skeptical. Maybe you got it from the epic quest that rewards a symbol? 2nd age symbols drop from level-cap raid skirmishes and first age symbols do not drop from skirmishes at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ameranth
    With a club.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000019dccb/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

    Ulver - 85 Runekeeper | Grevling - 85 Burglar

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    170
    Don't quote me on this, but I thiiiiink that you can also exchange a special Mark (Superiour...fourth?) for seals but in order to get that Mark you have to run level 75 6 or 12 man Instances.

    Mind you, the wiki page that I consulted might be out of date, so take anything I say here with a grain of salt. :P

    Also, I've never gotten a Seal from anything other than end-game (level 85) raids and instances, and I've never had a 1st age token drop anywhere.
    Eolynde - lvl 85 Champion
    Tinduiel - lvl 85 Warden
    Melusene - lvl 85 Hunter
    Iovala - lvl 85 Rune-Keeper

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Eolynde View Post
    Don't quote me on this, but I thiiiiink that you can also exchange a special Mark (Superiour...fourth?) for seals but in order to get that Mark you have to run level 75 6 or 12 man Instances.

    Mind you, the wiki page that I consulted might be out of date, so take anything I say here with a grain of salt. :P

    Superior 4th marks, along with all of the other tiers of special marks (4ths, 3rds, etc) went the way of the dodo and were converted to Marks/Medallions a couple of years ago...that page is indeed out-of-date.
    The forums are not an accurate representation of the thoughts and feelings of the whole player base. Those who like a particular feature are in the game enjoying that feature. Those who don't like it log out to mention it on the forums. It is a relevant but biased source of feedback, and any claims of community desire should take this fact into account.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by saurontx View Post
    Agree. Sambrog instance is the easiest and perhaps fastest way to get 4 seals (completed mostly under 10 min).
    No.
    You can get 3 seals in ~5 mn in School for exemple.
    You can even get seals in solo quickly...
    Last edited by Castorix; Apr 11 2013 at 09:07 PM.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailedra View Post
    Superior 4th marks, along with all of the other tiers of special marks (4ths, 3rds, etc) went the way of the dodo and were converted to Marks/Medallions a couple of years ago...that page is indeed out-of-date.
    True, however if you didn't convert all your 4th marks to seals or meds (back when you had a choice as to which you wanted) they are worth 2 seals each..I know I kept one for all times sake.


    to the OP, You get seals ...when a Mummy seal and a Daddy seal love each other very much .......
    "When I want your opinion, I'll read your entrails"
    - Worf has Spoken!

    Worfie - Warden

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Gylve View Post
    I'm shocked to hear that anyone got a 75 2nd age symbol from a solo skirmish and remain skeptical. Maybe you got it from the epic quest that rewards a symbol? 2nd age symbols drop from level-cap raid skirmishes and first age symbols do not drop from skirmishes at all.
    no, it was definitely not the reward for quest "the mists of Anduin" (I'm still on my way to that quest).
    if you are so sure about drop chances - the only thing I can suppose - broken/laggy loot table
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322100000017383f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  23. #23
    What level Instance School will give 3 seals in 5 mins? and can it be soloed?

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sunny So. Cal.
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxygingerz101 View Post
    What level Instance School will give 3 seals in 5 mins? and can it be soloed?
    The Library instance drops 3 seals when you defeat the boss of the instance. It is longer than three minutes because you have to kill the two lower bosses before you get to the main boss and you have to kill the main boss without killing any of his crows. I forget the names of those bosses, sorry. I don't believe it soloable, but what do I know I, have a Hunter and a Guardian.
    Moved from Nimrodel to Arkenstone!
    Do unto others as you would have others do unto you! Pew-Pew-Pew!

    Officer - Seekers of The Silmarils - Arkenstone

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxygingerz101 View Post
    What level Instance School will give 3 seals in 5 mins? and can it be soloed?
    I think school is the one with the birds. I get that one confused with the library sometimes. But if it's the one with birds, the warden can solo the challenge mode on that for seals. It takes longer than 5 minutes, but it doesn't take very long and is fairly easy.

    If you like to solo a lot Roxy I would definitely level up a warden. It's worth the trouble, and will open up a lot of new content to you other classes won't be able to do alone.
    Last edited by Jeremi; Apr 12 2013 at 01:08 AM.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload