We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadeslayer_withywindle View Post
    Have you got any more tips for a r6 spider(10 aud,2 crit cors HfD2 DfP1 DfP2 HfP2) vs r12 champ(12k morale full aud) who keeps breaking your cc with blood rage and continues to dps during reflect as he can full heal afterwards? pretty meh fight but anyway
    I would advise changing your traits: Obviously I'm partial to the build I posted, but generally speaking, get rid of DfP1 even a mastry will provide you with more damage. The rest is really up to you...I can see you like having a bit of morale which is fine. Other than that, If its an organized 1v1 as in jumping to signal you are ready, you can cheat a little and immediately debuff him with entangling/clinging right after you both jump.

I didn't really ask for a rotation or a cookie cutter build or something.I was just hoping to read something along the lines of what it is suggested at the 2nd post; tactics and tips that highranked spiders have developed and would like to share,something that I,with my limited play time on spider havent thought yet.

P.S Thx for the responses.Im aware how important audacity and rank are,or how OP freeps are in this update.having had to max audacity on 5 creeps and buy their skills,traits and pots makes my wallet empty most of the time.
    As far as rotations go, it really depends on the ability of the champion.

On my spider, I generally fight champions by kiting large circles until he blows sprint (Don't even bother with your pet; if the champ is remotely decent, he'll kill it before your heal becomes worthwhile). While kiting, it is generally best to keep a distance of at least 10m to avoid the chance of a lucky hamstring. As far as rotation goes during kiting, I just use tainted/mephitic kiss to build up venom count and then finish with virulent poison.

After the champ pops sprint, I stop kiting, pop attack duration debuff, necrosis, and agility debuff and then hit my reflect. During this time, most champions seem to attempt to front-load their dps, but you can hit it whenever you feel is the best time. For the rest of this time, I generally try to manage diminishing returns by alternating stuns, dazes, and fears. Occasionally, depending on the amount of dps the champion deals during this time, I have found that it is best to burrow for a short period of time (usually 5-10 seconds) to burn off the rest of the sprint. Immediately after it drops however, pop webbing and continue kiting.

Personally, this has worked well for me in the past. However, it ultimately depends on your ability to kite turn.

On a side note:

Corruptions: Crit Protection 1, 2, 3
    Health for Power R2
    Health for Damage R2
    Mastery Boost 1

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Dontdazemebro View Post
    As far as rotations go, it really depends on the ability of the champion.

On my spider, I generally fight champions by kiting large circles until he blows sprint (Don't even bother with your pet; if the champ is remotely decent, he'll kill it before your heal becomes worthwhile). While kiting, it is generally best to keep a distance of at least 10m to avoid the chance of a lucky hamstring. As far as rotation goes during kiting, I just use tainted/mephitic kiss to build up venom count and then finish with virulent poison.

After the champ pops sprint, I stop kiting, pop attack duration debuff, necrosis, and agility debuff and then hit my reflect. During this time, most champions seem to attempt to front-load their dps, but you can hit it whenever you feel is the best time. For the rest of this time, I generally try to manage diminishing returns by alternating stuns, dazes, and fears. Occasionally, depending on the amount of dps the champion deals during this time, I have found that it is best to burrow for a short period of time (usually 5-10 seconds) to burn off the rest of the sprint. Immediately after it drops however, pop webbing and continue kiting.

Personally, this has worked well for me in the past. However, it ultimately depends on your ability to kite turn.

On a side note:

Corruptions: Crit Protection 1, 2, 3
    Health for Power R2
    Health for Damage R2
    Mastery Boost 1

Good Luck
    Make sure to trigger poisonous silk if using your ranged pet for the slow and free web.

Latent poison is your friend, as always. And remember: if you have improved paralytic traited, using it against someone who is just recovering from a stun is a free extra lockdown that MOST freeps do not expect (it goes right through the red dot stun immunity at the end of a stun).

A lot depends on how the champ is built/played. If they're willing to blow all cooldowns and have heal over time proc gear, it can be a pretty stupid fight. But once they're sprint is down, if you're good with your CC you can pretty much permanently kite them if you have to.
    [img]http://imageshack.us/a/img41/4553/73i4.jpg[/img]

Even my Signature is trolling!

Quote Originally Posted by shark1979 View Post
    In 1v1s, our burgs also 1 shot my pet at the start while insisting on starting in stealth. I have yet to beat a good burg while he starts in stealth (which is always). I have tried parking my pet at a distance, but as you said with the WtE bug, it doesn't help much. They one shot my pet, break any root, mez, and are on top of me too soon after I break mez. At that point I am already slowed and soon to be stunned. Throw in gear swaps and I am dead quickly while barely damaging them. I'm currently traited dps, but I may try a survival build against them. I'm also going to try popping one of those anti slow/stun/root pots right before the fight starts. As a general rule for me, I do not pop TC in 1v1s. Against burgs, I may have to.
    Anyone ever tried to park the pet away,get in stealth,then make the pet follow you so it gets out of stealth?So when the burg goes for it you can jump him,while having the buffs from burrow too.Dont know if it would work,just an idea that crossed my mind.

Anyone ever tried to park the pet away,get in stealth,then make the pet follow you so it gets out of stealth?So when the burg goes for it you can jump him,while having the buffs from burrow too.Dont know if it would work,just an idea that crossed my mind.
    It would be interesting to see the reaction to this, in theory if you timed it right and put your pet on aggressive right after burrowing it would home in on the burglar. Also, burrowing would clear the reveal weakness buff on you. But this would likely be frowned upon by the freeps, custom is for wargs/burgs to get to start in stealth as they wish (and for reavers to start in charge, and hunters to use improved focus, RKs to drop rock and apply wound/poison resist + auto clear).

I will say that positioning your pet about 20m away helps a lot against burgs who open in stealth to kill the pet. It gives you time to root pot out of the daze (2-5 seconds depending on how the burg is traited) and that makes a world of difference.

I think ultimately, our pets need some minor survivability updates. Freep damage went way up with BFP, crit rating changes and BFP. Our pets have very low mits, no audacity and no crit defense to speak up. I'm not saying the pets need to be a tank... but they are currently a bit too squishy to be useful in a lot of situations.
    [img]http://imageshack.us/a/img41/4553/73i4.jpg[/img]

Even my Signature is trolling!

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    Your server's burglars are slower on the uptake I guess. On my server, the pet gets instagibbed from stealth while we're riddled at the opening of the fight. If the burg is willing to burn cooldowns, he will beat a spider these days I'd say 80% of the time. This is primarily because of the current bug on web the earth robbing us of an extra 10s of the burglar slowed by 50%.

When I fight spiders I start the fight by riddling their pet first, or I wait until I've gotten them down a few thousand to riddle the pet because most are scrambling to eat their pet at that point.

Although, I will definitely try riddling the spider and blowing up his pet first. I still lose the majority of the 1v1's against high-rank spiders.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2