We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Need PvE Raid Build Advice

My current build details are here: http://imgur.com/a/CG2xx

My build is kind of out of date. I need some advice to help get back up to snuff.

I can take constructive criticism so tear it up.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Psarra; Apr 08 2013 at 11:16 PM.
    [B]Camden • Bancroft • Kimball • Melinnas • Psarra • Prentice • Lirendil[/B]

No clue sorry naz

Armor's good, most of the Erebor set really fell flat for me =/

As far as jewelry.... there's an earring and cloak that drop out of Bells of Dale that's worth looking at. I would also look at the proc rings in Snowbourne, and do a quick pass through the might jewelry on the AH to see if anything strikes your fancy. There's a proc flask from Sambrog (Rancid Oil I think), and depending on how many of the rep proc rings you use, it may/may not be a good choice. There's also a fairly decent might/fate bracelet from Inn of the Forsaken (hooray >=(

If you are lucky enough to get one of the ancient horse lords bracelets, there's an 800 crit/150(?) might one that's a solid choice. There's also a 75 might/780crit one from loot boxes that works as an ok substitue.

As far as proc gear goes: you (generally) want only one type of proc at a time, so plan accordingly.

Also, you might want to check out http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...ts-Spreadsheet to help with the gear planning.

Virtues: These need to be heavily mitigations based. Morale without the mitigations to back it up is a liability to your healer - for that reason, drop Valour and Justice. See http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Virtues for more info.

Class traits: Drop Defiance and Blood of Numenor (the classic "we're planning to fail" traits), and pick up Renewed Voice and Expert Attacks. Both of those red traits will help you proc defeat responses (and thus get more RCs), which helps get the most from the traits. Yes, you might need to rez someone, but if you really need BOTH of your incombat rezes, there's a very high probability that you are doing stuff that's mechanically stupid for that fight. Ditto for Defiance + IHW + LS. I would also drop SfW for Deeds Before Words, since you will (most likely) be running Blade Brother (which helps it heal for more).

As far as SotD/OS goes, I rather like OS while raiding, but this is also one of the traits I'd drop if you decided to go with a capstone build. Everything else looks fairly solid.

Also, if you consider going with a capstone build, LtC can produce a pretty decent amount of healing if you build for it (high tactical mastery and crit) and somewhat decent DPS (we're like half to two thirds of a DPSer in a LtC build), but HoH will heal circles around a LtC build but suck it up for the DPS output. LoM is not worth using in a raid situation unless you have the tank gear to make it work, and your raid is willing to work with you for it.
    Last edited by Almagnus1; Apr 09 2013 at 02:26 AM.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Armour is good. Jewelry needs a lot of upgrades. I'll give you some quick suggestions.

Earrings
    Earring of the Necromancer's Tower
    113 Might, 184 Power, 768 Crit, 384 Parry
    Easterling Sorcerer's Golden Earring
    150 Might, 211 Morale, 768 Crit
    (Second one is better if you can get that one, but both work pretty well.)

Pocket:
    Confiscated Journal
    113 Might, 421 Morale, 768 Crit
    Flash of Rancid Oil
    150 Might, 614 Crit, 15 Fate, has an additional Might proc (doesn't stack with the bracelet or ring one)

Bracelet:
    Angmarim Legion's Bracelet
    150 Might, 38 Fate, 384 Crit, 211 Morale
    Angmarim Lord's Bracelet
    150 Might, 23 Vit, 538 Crit, might proc
    Bangle of Echoing Battle
    113 Might, 75 Agility, 768 Crit

Rings:
    (Other than the gold barter rings, of which I would recommend getting just the crit proc one)
    Beremud's Signet Ring
    150 Might, 75 Vitality, 1164 Finesse

No clue on the necklace, I'm using the gold version of the teal you have.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

My raid build for an average raid situation would be:

two earrings from bells (well, one and swapping to second Examplary but...)
    flask of rancid oil
    wyrmfire neck with might, vit, tac mit and crit defence
    bracelets from Fornost shadow (well, gold horselords but...)
    crit proc ring and either crit defence/incoming healing ring or new healer proc ring depending if i can keep the defensive proc for a good percentage of time.

(i do not have all this yet)

Fornost captain cloak
    Morale Banner

sword and board
    shield from took/gond/amon sul is good but there is also warg-trainer and of course the Malledhrim one

weapon with to arms, pa targets, pa crit, telling mark, battle states, defensive strike, might
    emblem with vocal heals, rc c/d, rc heals, melee heals, muster courage, might, vit (yes, could put VS here instead of MC for raids but i prefered it be better for main healing 3man or 6man too)

relics: true north, rising moon, white mountains, fate crafted
    (thinking about switch the gems to be the ones with morale/tacmit/critdefence since my heals do not really depend so much on loss of some mastery, crit gems are a very good option too, i like my crit very much)

Of course you need a buff weapon with crit, parry, mot and make haste.
    You would also do good to make a lvl 60 FA emblem with rezz c/d, time of need c/d and cost, SoW boost and Dunedain.

4 Hytbold healer and 2 Perseverance for an average situation.
    OD set VS macro is good if there is not many mobs to be killed/AOEd.

The class traits in your picture are good, tho i very much like muster courage if i am not main healer and in a harder raid i would trait hope banner instead. The two yellows you picked are good yellows. However, if there is not many defeat events you are getting and you think you should provide more yourself renewed voice and expert attacks are to be considered. Renewed voice has dibs if you go one red.
    Something like 3b,2y,2r or 4b2y2r is also good sometime.

Legendary traits greatly depend on runs. ToO challenges probably always required idome/OBs/fellow bro and running blade bro.
    New raids are different there.
    IN BfE t2/t2c you would like Dunedain a lot more than OBs imo. In Flight you would also like Dunedain more except if you have a very determinded strategy of doing OBs on a certain wave type on a certain mob. In Smaug OBs are more liked but Dunedain can also be good in certain cases.
    You do not run blade bro in BfE t2/t2c but any of the others depending on what you want to enforce. In Smaug whatever and in Flight any of the three depending on group and strategy.
    Fellow bro is very good with blade and shield bro. With song bro it loses value, especially if you are blue cap.
    Losing idome is still somewhat taboo i feel from what i see (and tbh from what i do too). I guess it could be worth it in a specific strategy where you can put both Dunedain and OBs to good use while also wanting blue cap or fellow bro.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000775b8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Looking at your numbers you are running around in pure glass cannon mode: you wont stand a hit from erebor trolls, you wont handle 2 adds in flight or smaug. And your criticals are in desperate need of help.

Now the good news: your armour set is up to the task at hand. Using boots and leggings from Perseverance and the rest from Hytbold Healer has become the default gear for Cappys.

First Virtues and traits. Raiding is all about mitigations and B/P/E while critical healing your HoTs.

You/re running to much raw morale virtues and forgetting about mitigation virtues. Same can be said about your gear.

I would keep Tolerance and Fidelity and replace the rest with: Innocence, Compassion and Empathy, as discussed in another recent thread.

Race traits: i replaced Man of 4th Age for Uppercut. Its a nice fast skill with a chance to daze that i can mix inside the skill rotation every 10s and gain another shot at firing up Might and Critical procs from gear.

Class traits: i use to run with SfW in place of DbW. +20% inspire will not avoid a wipe, but the ability to self-heal may avoid a wipe. Plus MC+SfW adds another skill that i can use trying to fire up the fellowship wide heal from the Wyrmfire mender's ring.

Legendary Traits: i really need to learn how to use SotD. I've been a lazy captain running around with IDOME, FB and HoH Capstone, and in RAIDs i really don't see how it could be different. +85 vitality is about 50% of the vitality some hunters run around. Some even complain and request that i retrait IDOME in RAIDs when i forget about it. Erebor T2 and T2C with Honor Guard is one RAID that may benefit from StoD, but the usual Last Stand+ In Harm's Way works most of the time.

Jewellery: This is where the Captain truly separates her(him)self and add uniqueness to the build:

Earring: this is a critical rating slot. Farm Durchest or Bells of Dale for some +768 Critical earrings. Later when you finally cap critical one of the earrings may be replaced by the one from Lost Temple with +mitigations proc.

Necklace: This onde, together with Cloak and Pocket is your customizable slot. Truth is, there is no wrong necklace to wear. ToO might is good, ToO Fate is good, Iulin is good. Most of the times in RAIDs i run around with the Norcrofts Iron Necklace for amazing mitigations, but the pitted steel chain from Great Barrows is good as well. Pretty much any gold/legendary necklace works well in RAIDs.

Bracelets: unfortunately you don't have much choice here, the crafted eomer bracelet sucks. + raw morale and ICPR are lame compared to the massive Might and critical boost the other bracelets give. Suggestion: try to find some Peerless hart's bracelet in the AH ( they drop from riddermark loot-boxes) until you farm Haudh Valandil and get some nice bracers there. I found my gold Captain's there, but the Angmarim's that drops there is good.

Pocket: this is a very hard slot to use in RAIDs. I run with the Vit+Critical+mitigations crafted level 75 book, but Metal Plaque, your anduin bauble and flask from sambrog are good alternatives. Again: try to keep your criticals here, and choose between Might or mitigations. I can put Might in any slot, but only 3 slots have + mitigations.

Cloak: i don't know what cloak you are using. I use the crafted protection cloak for critical, vitality and tactical mitigation and a bit of raw morale, but there are many +150 might cloaks out there. If you want critical here there is a cloak from some Isengard instance that gives 32 might 63 vit 672 critical, or go gold with Draigoch cloak. Today i finally put my hands on Sarchol from pits of Isengard, and i don't see myself removing it until i get a gold cloak. But it's a very bore farm.

Rings: critical proc rohan upgrade + mit proc rohan upgrade. With these you will be at critical cap and close to phys mitigation cap in combat. These are your priority in farming gear. The crit proc ring will skyrocket your healing power.
    You are one of the selected few with a Coldfells Banners. Place it on the field as a proof of your commitment to the cause of the free people.

Once you finish farming all of this you:
    -will stand at critical cap as soon as the ring proc stacks.
    -more than double your tactical mitigation and cap your phys mitigation.

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
    Last edited by Nascephor; Apr 09 2013 at 10:47 PM.

Some really solid advice here...

My two cents are...
    Shield of the dunedain is the best trait ever. If only it worked against damage reflects, smaug would be even easier...

I also really love the blood of numenor trait. Maley's point is absolutely correct that you're traiting to fail... However I seem to run with a bunch of idiots that somehow manage to get themselves killed even when all the mobs are tanked and captains are blowing RC and VS every 6s. Also my raid group has a lot of RK's... If I had several minstrel healers I would probably not bring this to a raid.

On a side note... Back when BFE T1 was being farmed it was worth NOT traiting BoN to troll people with CoV... "here's a revive ahh sorry you're dead again..."

As for armour... I run basically the same thing unless I swap in the 4pc command set, which judging by you having the moors banner, you probably have too.
    105 (Captain, Champion)

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    Armor's good, most of the Erebor set really fell flat for me =/

As far as proc gear goes: you (generally) want only one type of proc at a time, so plan accordingly.
    Can you elaborate on this or is there a link somewhere that details how multiple pieces of proc gear interact with each other?

Quote Originally Posted by Mohanadan View Post
    Can you elaborate on this or is there a link somewhere that details how multiple pieces of proc gear interact with each other?
    There has been a thread recently in the captain forums about it.... long story short:

If you have multiple might proc items of different stat levels, the buffs do not stack. So instead of lining up a 110, 120, and 130 might proc item hoping for +360 might, you will only get 110-130 (depending on the currently active proc).

Each proc works independently of each other, so if you have 5 pieces of might proc gear, each at 10% (number chose for easier math), you don't have a 50% proc rate, but something between 10 and 50%.

That's why I made the recommendation to NOT have the same proc on the gear.... to me, at least, the duplicates are (generally) wasted procs - especially with the on heal procs since the only skill that procs off of is WoC (stupid, I know, but it's how it works).

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    There has been a thread recently in the captain forums about it.... long story short:

If you have multiple might proc items of different stat levels, the buffs do not stack. So instead of lining up a 110, 120, and 130 might proc item hoping for +360 might, you will only get 110-130 (depending on the currently active proc).

Each proc works independently of each other, so if you have 5 pieces of might proc gear, each at 10% (number chose for easier math), you don't have a 50% proc rate, but something between 10 and 50%.

That's why I made the recommendation to NOT have the same proc on the gear.... to me, at least, the duplicates are (generally) wasted procs - especially with the on heal procs since the only skill that procs off of is WoC (stupid, I know, but it's how it works).
    That makes sense. I tried searching for the thread but didn't find it. I think I was confused because it sounded like you were saying that you couldn't have a crit proc buff and might proc buff active at the same time, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohanadan View Post
    That makes sense. I tried searching for the thread but didn't find it. I think I was confused because it sounded like you were saying that you couldn't have a crit proc buff and might proc buff active at the same time, for example.
    Ah, if that's how I was coming across, I apologize for the confusion there =)

And for the record, I'm rocking the might and crit proc rings =)