We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: new(ish) creep

new(ish) creep

I am fairly new to creep side, ad still maintain my Freep (who I don't bring to ettens, being premium). However, some things still confuse me, and rather than constantly asking in my tribe, I thought I'd try and ask here.
    So, here we go:
    1) How does the troll session play work? And when is it useful to use it?
    2) At low ranks, what would you suggest to do?
    3) Is DOF still used much? If so, does it usually only get used by a tribe grouping together?
    4) What rank is better for beginning to take on freeps? (Reaver and Warg btw)
    5) Can you give me and advice on what abbreviations there are? (eg, what does gy mean, bd, tol2 etc)
    6) Are there any unspoken 'rules or codes' for creeps?
    7) What is the 'role' of each class? I assume Reaver is like the champion of creepside?
    8) Out of my Warg and my Reaver, which is suited for theese situations:
    a) The map is mainly blue, with maybe 1 OP red
    b) The map is all blue
    c) The map is mainly or all red
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/202240000002126b0/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

A lot of the info you're looking for can be found at http://www.theblackappendage.com/monstermanual
    I can't answer everything, and I don't claim to be anything more than average, but I'll try.

1. (from RoR Dev Diary) The session plays are meant to allow the losing side the ability to help turn the tide of battle back into their favor. With the outposts and keeps there are 9 points of control. When the opposing side has 7, 8, and 9 points controlled, your side unlocks ranger/troll 1, 2 and 3.

2. Find a friendly group to show you the ropes, if you can. Do the daily PVE quests to earn comms and maps. Occasionally throw yourself at a random freep and see how you stack up.

3. Honestly, not too sure.

4. I love my warg for the stealth ability, it's great to be able to pick a fight when you want it. This is completely opinion, though, as I don't track dps, etc.

5. Go here, and choose the map for your server: http://dailystats.theblackappendage.com/Ettenmoors

6. The only true rules are Turbine's rules. That being said, speak to the people on your server to see what is/isn't generally acceptable, and then decide your own personal rules from there.

7. http://dailystats.theblackappendage.com/content/creeps or http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Monster_Play_Classes

8. I haven't played reaver enough to really say.

Hope this helps!

Edit: Think I misread question 4 the first time through. I'm not really sure there is a definitive rank that is best for starting to engage freeps. I started to feel less squishy on my warg at rank 6, but I was fighting them before that, mostly in a group or raid (or rez camp :/ ). YMMV
    Last edited by Tyene; Apr 08 2013 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geindir View Post
    I am fairly new to creep side, ad still maintain my Freep (who I don't bring to ettens, being premium). However, some things still confuse me, and rather than constantly asking in my tribe, I thought I'd try and ask here.
    So, here we go:
    1) How does the troll session play work? And when is it useful to use it?
    2) At low ranks, what would you suggest to do?
    3) Is DOF still used much? If so, does it usually only get used by a tribe grouping together?
    4) What rank is better for beginning to take on freeps? (Reaver and Warg btw)
    5) Can you give me and advice on what abbreviations there are? (eg, what does gy mean, bd, tol2 etc)
    6) Are there any unspoken 'rules or codes' for creeps?
    7) What is the 'role' of each class? I assume Reaver is like the champion of creepside?
    8) Out of my Warg and my Reaver, which is suited for theese situations:
    a) The map is mainly blue, with maybe 1 OP red
    b) The map is all blue
    c) The map is mainly or all red
    1)Since you need to spend 500 comms to play a troll I wouldn't suggest it at least you have maxed Audacity and bought all skills till R6.By that time you should be able to figure how to play it(check the BAoS site too).If creeps are losing,a well played troll can help.

2)Quest and avoid getting farmed and feed easy points.R0-R5 should come fast enough,after that throw some pvp in the mix to get to rank 6. Buy skills>audacity first.Leave DoF pots for later.Try to finish all of your quests every day.Getting a group together for HH qs helps since its the usual lowrank gank place.Get your maps asap to move around.You are generally free infamy at ranks 0-5

3)A group can use it to move around the map faster than walking.It's usefull to get the enemy raid of your tracks for some time if you want to perform a ninja capture.You still can get pots in there but I dont think anyone farms in there very much anymore.It also contains several bosses(which award some trash loot,stronger ones a +30% inf buff).Theres not much point in going into dof solo unless you want to get some pots or just move around.

4)A warg can pick easy targets during RvR action as well as avoid nasty situations.Its a nice starting class since stealth allows you to quest easily.To get the most out of reaver you ll have to play aggresively,which means a lot of dying too.Check The Art of Warg site as well as BAoS for guides.Creeps can have some succes at R6+,but you 'll only be a true match to a freep at R9+ at this update mostly.

5)BAoS site has some IIRC but anyway:GY=graveyard,LUG,TR,TA( or ToL) LC ID are the keeps.lugazag tirth rhaw,tol ascarnen,lumber camp isendeep mine . EC=elf camp, OC=orc camp.TR1,2,3 ToL 1,2,3 the creep map teleport locations.Gta=good ta map location. stab wtab =south ta bridge,west ta bridge. GV=glan vraig the freep base.those are the most important ones.

6)Well,mostly dont gank 1v1 circles.the rest depend on servers such as dont use OP skills cds in spars etc.you ll have to know your server about those.

7)Defiller=healer,&&&&&& debuffs. Warleader=tank,buffer,healer Reaver=aoe dps warg=scout,healer harassment,good burst dps BA=ranged dps spider=Crowd control,debuffs dps

8) cant really say,it depends on the ammount of freeps/creeps around(i.e pve or pvp going on)

Happy hunting
    WL Shadebash Rank 8 DEF Shadecleanser Rank 8 BA Shadecrippler Rank 6 SPIDEY Shadenakh Rank 7 WARG Shadehowler Rank 7 RVR Shadeburz Rank 5

Since it looks like most of your questions have been answered a couple times, I'm not going to repeat that. I will, however, give a couple pieces of advice (repeat a couple posted, really). Quest daily to get your maps. It's really one of the best things you can do to make your life creepside easier and more fun. It can get you out of being camped, and it can allow for some really fun tactics (like map flanking). It also just lets you bounce around the map a bit easier in general. You will probably start to feel useful in a group around R5 and every rank after that gets better. Soloing is really hard right now with the changes made, so I'm not sure I'd try to solo any freep higher than whatever rank you are (at least till about R8 or 9...and even then duoing is better, IMO). However, it can be fun to try so long as you don't mind dying. Personally, I try not to take my pixels too seriously. It's supposed to be fun
    [url=http://www.sigcreator.com/][img]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/722012873lotro_lotro31.png[/img][/url]

Freeps: 85 mini - Adnia, 85 LM - Sariela
    Creeps: Baldardash (WL), Rigmarole (warg)