Many of us have played along the scaleables during the last weeks since U10. It's great to have them back with good loot and stuff. It's great to go online and be pretty sure to get something to do within little time. And if you're standing around you just start something on your own. In general I do love the endgame since U10 at least.
But playing many instances over time many of us have noticed that chances for good drops differ from cluster to cluster.
Let's compare some of them:
- Great Barrow: I played Sambrog maybe 100 times (Challenge mode of course) since U10. I have seen about 5-6 golden drops, at least one teal drop per run calculated over all the runs (not each run with a teal tho, but sometimes up to 3 teals on one run). Takes about 7-10 Minutes, difficulty is very easy. I also got and saw teal items out of the other 2 GB-instances which I have played below 10 times each.
- School/Library: I played those 3mans about 100 times (challenge mode) since U10. I have seen about 3-4 golden drops, about 70 teals. School takes about 7 minutes, library about 10-15 min. Difficulty is very easy.
- Annuminas: I played Ost Elendil maybe 50 times (challenge mode as well) since U10. I have seen about 3-4 golden drops, at least one teal drop per run calculated over all the runs. Takes about 15-20 minutes - difficulty is pretty easy. I also seen and gotten teal items out of Glinghant with a comparable droprate which I have played about 10-20 times. I haven't seen or gotten any teal out of haudh valandil which I have only played twice since U10.
- Dol Guldur: I played Dol-Guldur-Instances about 20 times since U10 (T2 challenge mode mostly - dungeons just T2 tho). I have seen about 20 teal drops and 0 golden drops. Takes between 40 min (SG) and 7 minutes (dungeons). Difficulty is pretty high.
- Erebor: I played Erebor-Raids maybe 20 times (T1 mostly) since U10. I have seen about 10 teal drops, 1-2 golden drops.
- Fornost: I played Fornost - Wraith of Water - maybe 30-40 times (T2 challenge mode) since U10. I have seen 0 teal drops and 0 golden drops. Takes about 20-30 minutes - difficulty is medium. I have neither gotten or seen any teal or gold-item out of Wraith of fire and Wraith of earth which I have played about 2-3 times each.
So Fornost-droprates are - as most of us know - way below all the other instances. No idea as of why. There are teal items I've been told, but they're obviously extremely rare. I got two possible explanations:
- It's a bug.
- Turbine wants to make some (indeed very good - some of which are best in slot for certain classes) teal items very very special and added all of those to the Fornost-instances.