We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Disappointed with Erebor 4-set bonus

A few nights ago my guild got FttLM T2 done which finally gave me access to the greater erebor gear which i had saved up barter items for, mainly just for the increased stats. Anyway after buying 4 pieces of the gear, so i could keep my hytbold 2 set bonus, one of the other main wardens in my guild asked if the 4 set bonus was working as he said it was bugged on bullroarer so i went to test it out.

First thing i noticed is that after 15mins of spamming convictions on some guildies in snowbourn it hadn’t procced which lead me to wondering if it only procced during combat. So we went off and found an orc outside of snowbourn and i just stated conviction spamming again and sure enough it procced.

Now i will give devs their due here making it only proc inside combat is a good idea so that we cant waste it while prepping for a fight as it has an 80 seconds CD. But the bit i am disappointed with is that the proc only healed me for 184 per group member it hit (so I could achieve a maximum of 184x6 heals), to give a little perspective for others as to my incoming/outgoing heal my conviction normally heals me for about 470 non crit (sorry i cant give actual inc/out figures as im currently not at my PC with lotro on it). I have to admit this is incredibly underwhelming that every 80 seconds i "might" get an extra heal of 1104 which i have no way of controlling to heal me when i need it. I would have much preferred a set bonus such as the 4 set from orthanc or even something along the lines of shield mastery has chance to give extra crit defence (stacks with rings).

All i can say is i am just very disappointed with how underwhelming the set bonuses are on this our current top level gear.

Oh yeah...

I was disappoint by the set since i saw the 1st pistures about the set effecvt in beta :P

Anyone really thinke that this will be useful? u have CHANCE and it has 80s CD .... for me this seems underwhelming even if it would heal 10k....

So i just stay with 2 hytbold set and a good selection of dropp items

Quote Originally Posted by Isoldei. View Post
    But the bit i am disappointed with is that the proc only healed me for 184 per group member it hit (so I could achieve a maximum of 184x6 heals), to give a little perspective for others as to my incoming/outgoing heal my conviction normally heals me for about 470 non crit (sorry i cant give actual inc/out figures as im currently not at my PC with lotro on it). I have to admit this is incredibly underwhelming that every 80 seconds i "might" get an extra heal of 1104 which i have no way of controlling to heal me when i need it.
    So, in a 10 minute fight, the max number of procs is 7 for a total of 7.7K of heals. That's basically like putting 770 ICMR on a suit of armor (this is even worse in a 5 minute fight, where the max procs is 3 for an ICMR equivalent of 662). That assumes they all proc. Suppose only half of them proc, that's about 350 ICMR.

Thanks for the concrete numbers, and sorry that you wasted those resources. Do you have any estimates about the chances of the heal firing?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000051de2/signature.png]Naethromraw[/charsig]

Any idea of what the base heal is? I'm assuming that your incoming healing rating adjusts that number some. I see you noted an estimate since you're not looking at it atm but whenever you do, we can reverse calculate it.
    Last edited by SvenNiscadae; Apr 08 2013 at 02:39 PM.
    L100: Gentoo [WRD] · Adilae [CHM] · Svenric [BRG] · Svengo [HNT] · Svenwyn [CPT] · Svenriq [GRD] · Svenrid [LRM] · Sveorn [BRN]
    Officer of Easily Amused · Gladden · "If I'm not having fun, I must be doing it wrong."

In response to the chances of it firing, I haven't tested it out to thoroughly yet spent a few minutes at the training dummies in snowbourn, just auto attacking to get into combat then spamming conviction until i received a proc, and cycled through 41 convictions receiving 12 procs so far (at 80secs CD it takes a while :P) and I'm coming out with an average of 1 proc every 3.4 convictions, i know the sample is very low so doesn't prove a lot but initially its looking like a 33% proc chance i would imagine. Will try and do some more as and when i get time.

In regards to the base heal I am achieving a heal of 184 with 15.7% (6439 rating) inc healing and 15.9% (6381 tact mastery) outgoing healing and for the sake of a comparison i stripped down to all but the 4 pieces of erebor gear and equipped a weapon + shield with 0 stats bringing my inc heal down to 1.9% (653 rating) and outgoing heal to 7.4% (2691 tact mastery) and got healed for 162.

EDIT - i appear to have gone through an unlucky streak whilst testing the proc now, i have received 21 procs from 102 convictions. will continue testing when i get time to try and increase the sample size.
    Last edited by Isoldei.; Apr 08 2013 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isoldei. View Post
    EDIT - i appear to have gone through an unlucky streak whilst testing the proc now, i have received 21 procs from 102 convictions. will continue testing when i get time to try and increase the sample size.
    Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if it was about 20-25%. The horse-lords necklaces have a 15% chance, although those can proc on every skill, while this armor procs on just one specific skill. Thanks for testing, please do let us know when you find out more.
    Last edited by anteku; Apr 08 2013 at 08:11 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000051de2/signature.png]Naethromraw[/charsig]

Have to agree, got the 4set tonight also - very disappointing bonus compared to the variation Guardians have in their sets. Will likely only use helm/leggings for crit defense and the rest the teal drops with crit defense (when those bloody Fornost gloves drop...) for raiding.

Tried it a few times and the heal is quite small for a 60s cool down, it either needs a considerable boost or the cool down removing to be of much use, or even if conviction gives a small mitigation buff/resets a cool down/inc heal buff, shouldn't be much of an issue removing the CD really as its not as if we spam the skill when it has 24-30s duration.

Still getting the whole set 'just because' but shame it couldn't have been a better bonus really, as it stands there isn't really any reason to use all 4 pieces considering there are better teal drops/Hytbold - would definitely prefer a scaled version of the Orthanc 4-set though (i.e. more than 600/stack and refreshable), when it was initially bugged and the incoming healing buff worked on the whole fellowship with convict was fun

Will try and test it in some groups tomorrow also.

In my opinion all 3 warden Erebor sets are not worth gaining.
    Hytbold and gold/teal are good enough/better.
    I ride only for fun, as for warden only good things drops from 3-6 men instances. If you are tanking, having 1st age weapon is not a muss (+6vit and agility, and about 70 parry/block/evade more on legacies... that is not significant change at all). And I don't like gold shield (pure vitality, small block buff; I like skraid shield much more).
    So no point to grind Erebor raids. Go there only, if you feel it will be fun for you.

But thanks for posting what you have found, now I'm 100% sure I won't spend single seal to get new armour.
    And I'm sorry for all you who wanted to test it, and spent ridiculous amounts of seals/ barter items for it