We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Premium

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    21

    Question Premium

    Question,

    I am a F2P player and would like to know the benefits you get when you "upgrade" to premium. Also can I go to say, GameStop(US) buy a Turbine Points card, redeem it and be Premium?

    thanks
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000143ec8/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    313
    Taken from "Answers to your questions" in the new player forum:
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...Your-Questions

    ..I buy Turbine Points with real money

    - Your account is permanently elevated to a Premium account
    - You gain 1 additional character slot (in addition to any previously purchased)
    - All your current and future characters' gold cap is increased to 5 Gold
    - All your current and future characters are able to trade and mail gold
    - All your current and future characters receive a more lenient anti-spam limitation on chat and in-game mail
    - All your current and future characters can list 5 items each in the auction house
    - You permanently receive a high priority in the login queue if servers are full
    - You permanently receive full access to the forums and other community features
    - You receive full access to customer service (contacting a GM via in-game support tickets) for 30 days

    ...I subscribe and become a VIP

    While subscribed, you gain:

    - All trait slots permanently unlocked on any character you log in with (including Monster characters)
    - Ability to trade and mail gold
    - No anti-spam limitation on chat or in-game mail
    - No gold cap on any character you log in with
    - Access to Swift Travel permanently unlocked on any character you log in with
    - 3 character slots (if upgrading from F2P, 2 character slots if upgrading from Premium)
    - Access to all quests, deeds, instances and skirmishes in North Downs, Evendim, Trollshaws, Misty Mountains, Angmar, Forochel, Eregion, Lothlorien and Enedwaith
    - Access to all instances not bound to a quest pack/expansion - including Inn of the Forsaken and Halls of Night
    - 500TP per month
    - Highest priority in the login queue if servers are full
    - Full access to the forums and other community features
    - Full access to crafting guild advancement
    - Access to the slow Bree-Land starter pony at level 5 (200 in-game silver)
    - Access to the Riding Skill quest at level 20
    - 20 Wardrobe slots
    - Ability to spend destiny points
    - Full access to Monster Play (including all Monster classes) and the Ettenmoors (PvMP) on both sides
    - Full access to customer service (contacting a GM via in-game support tickets)
    - Rest XP for all characters
    - Your characters can list 30 items each in the auction house

    ...my VIP subscription ends

    - Your account is downgraded to a Premium account (unless/until you resubscribe).
    - All monster characters logged in while VIP keep the unlocks for traits
    - You lose access* to all quests, deeds and instances in North Downs, Evendim, Trollshaws, Misty Mountains, Angmar, Forochel, Eregion, Lothlorien and Enedwaith. Quests and deeds already in your log can be completed (just the specific quest/deed, not the chain)
    - You lose access* to all skirmishes with the exception of Trouble in Tuckborough, Siege of Gondamon and those associated with the epic quest line
    - You lose access* to all instances not bound to a quest pack/expansion - including Inn of the Forsaken and Halls of Night
    - You lose 2 character slots. If you do not have 2 empty character slots, you will have to select characters to temporarily lock until your account has enough slots to support them
    - You no longer receive 500TP each month
    - You fall back to a high priority in the login queue if servers are full
    - You lose access to crafting guild advancement. Any advancement already achieved is maintained
    - You lose access to the riding skill quest. Characters who have already completed it do not lose the skill
    - You lose 20 wardrobe slots. Existing items in the wardrobe are not deleted, but no new items can be added until your total wardrobe items are less than your current wardrobe size
    - You lose the ability to spend destiny points
    - You lose access to Monster Play and the Ettenmoors (PvMP) except for the Reaver class. All other Monster classes will be locked*, but your Monster characters will not be deleted.
    - You lose access to customer service (contacting a GM via in-game support tickets)
    - Your characters no longer gain Rest XP (any amassed Rest XP is maintained)
    - Your characters can only list 5 items each in the auction house

    * Note that you will NEVER lose access to a quest pack, instance, skirmish or class you previously purchased with Turbine Points.




    I would recommend going VIP for a month though and then downgrade, you will get more benefits to premium.
    Last edited by JustAmy; Apr 08 2013 at 08:00 AM.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAmy View Post
    I would recommend going VIP for a month though and then downgrade, you will get more benefits to premium.
    This.
    Going VIP for a month is the best deal possible. For all characters you create and/or login during your VIP period you will gain (in addition to the afore-mentioned): swift travel, gold cap removal, all class/race/legendary traits, 5 bag slots
    There may be more perks, but those are the ones I recall off of the top of my head.
    .......All those moments ... will be lost ... in time ... like tears in rain.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Tyrol, sadly in Italy
    Posts
    4,242
    There's 2 versions of Premium. The better one you get if you go VIP for one month.
    Make sure to log in all your chars during this month, so all get the benefits.

    But yes, applying TPs to your account would make you Premium, or ... Premium "Small"

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Neumi View Post
    There's 2 versions of Premium. The better one you get if you go VIP for one month.
    Make sure to log in all your chars during this month, so all get the benefits.

    But yes, applying TPs to your account would make you Premium, or ... Premium "Small"
    There is only one version of premium. There is no big or small premium.

    Former VIPS do have extra stuff unlocked, but the only thing different is that new characters made by former VIPs have 5 bags instead of 3.

    To the OP, if you're dead set on buying TP and not going VIP for one month, I'd suggest buying the Mithril Edition from gamestop. For $20 US you get 4 areas, Trollshaws, Eregion, Moria and Lothlorien. You also get 2000 TP and a mount for every character, although you'll still need to buy the riding skill.

    http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/the...-edition/97978

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by or_bill68 View Post
    There is only one version of premium. There is no big or small premium.

    Former VIPS do have extra stuff unlocked, but the only thing different is that new characters made by former VIPs have 5 bags instead of 3.
    False.

    From the LOTRO Wiki:

    ****
    Features maintained

    Some features are maintained when downgrading from VIP to premium. All these features are only maintained for characters logged into while the VIP status was active; characters created after downgrading from VIP and characters that were created before or during VIP but were not logged into during VIP do not have access to these features. The per-character unlocks also function for content the character hasn't reached yet due to level or other restrictions. For example, trait slots the character isn't eligible for when downgrading are still available when he reaches the appropriate level for them.

    The following features are maintained on a per-character basis:

    Swift Travel
    5 Inventory bags
    All Trait slots available
    No maximum Gold limit

    ****
    Last edited by ArtemisNoir; Apr 08 2013 at 01:58 PM.
    .......All those moments ... will be lost ... in time ... like tears in rain.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtemisNoir View Post
    All these features are only maintained for characters logged into while the VIP status was active; characters created after downgrading from VIP and characters that were created before or during VIP but were not logged into during VIP do not have access to these features.

    You must of missed where I said new character. On new characters created after VIP expires the only thing they keep is bags 4 and 5.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtemisNoir View Post
    False.

    From the LOTRO Wiki:
    [...]
    wiki is actually not up to date.
    I'm premium user (former VIP). For testing reasons I created a new character AFTER the ending of my VIP status and I have 5 bags unlocked.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322100000017383f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  9. #9
    If your going to become premium i would get mithril edition. You can get it for $10 in store at gamestop.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2221900000021bf3a/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    2,095
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtemisNoir View Post
    False.

    From the LOTRO Wiki:

    ****
    Features maintained

    Some features are maintained when downgrading from VIP to premium. All these features are only maintained for characters logged into while the VIP status was active; characters created after downgrading from VIP and characters that were created before or during VIP but were not logged into during VIP do not have access to these features. The per-character unlocks also function for content the character hasn't reached yet due to level or other restrictions. For example, trait slots the character isn't eligible for when downgrading are still available when he reaches the appropriate level for them.

    The following features are maintained on a per-character basis:

    Swift Travel
    5 Inventory bags
    All Trait slots available
    No maximum Gold limit

    ****
    When Riders of Rohan released with the 6th bag slot there was a bug with premium/VIP which stopped them receiving the 6th bag even when owning the 4th and 5th, the only way they could fix the issue was to make the 4th/5th bag permanent for premium and VIP players, as of then the 4th and 5th bag slot are permanent.
    [I][URL="http://www.swgrp.co.uk/main/socks/"]Wet Socks & Two Smoking Hobits: the mad ramblings of Handee Pokits[/URL][/I]

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by whatevar View Post
    If your going to become premium i would get mithril edition. You can get it for $10 in store at gamestop.
    in addition to the nice amount of TP you will get quest pack Moria, regions Trollshaws and Eregion and a steed. please remember that being VIP you can learn riding for free doing quest.
    Last edited by Justanother; Apr 09 2013 at 10:36 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322100000017383f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Justanother View Post
    in addition to the nice amount of TP you will get expansion Moria, regions Trollshaws and Eregion and a steed. please remember that being VIP you can learn riding for free doing quest.
    You get the Quest Packs for Trollshaws, Eregion, Moria and Lothlorien. You do not get the Moria Expansion.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    2,095
    Quote Originally Posted by or_bill68 View Post
    You get the Quest Packs for Trollshaws, Eregion, Moria and Lothlorien. You do not get the Moria Expansion.
    I'm not too sure about that. I have a second account that only has the mithril edition added to it, i never added anything else (except a months VIP), it's game version history says the following ...


    Game Version History
    Shadows of Angmar™ Trial
    Mines of Moria™
    Shared Storage
    Mithril Edition

    The advert for it also only says ..

    • Forge your own legend in Middle-earth alongside Aragorn, Legolas, and Gandalf. From the Shire to Rivendell - adventure in a masterful recreation of Middle-earth! Includes the Trollshaws, Eregion, Mines of Moria, and Lothlórien.
    It doesn't specify quest packs or expansions, now we know all but Moria oon that list are only quest packs, so it would normally be safe to assume Moria would be the quest pack too. But my game version history says different.

    I might be barking up the wrong tree and Moria quest pack shows up on the game version history when none of the others do but that's unlikely, although i wouldn't put anything past Turbine to be honest.
    Last edited by Edrogar; Apr 09 2013 at 10:35 AM.
    [I][URL="http://www.swgrp.co.uk/main/socks/"]Wet Socks & Two Smoking Hobits: the mad ramblings of Handee Pokits[/URL][/I]

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Edrogar View Post
    I'm not too sure about that. I have a second account that only has the mithril edition added to it, i never added anything else (except a months VIP), it's game version history says the following ...


    Game Version History
    Shadows of Angmar™ Trial
    Mines of Moria™
    Shared Storage
    Mithril Edition
    The Moria expansion includes 2 extra character slots, the Warden and Rune-keeper classes ans Skirmish rank 15, none of which are included in the Mithril Edition.

    I just added the Mithril Edition to my account last Friday.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    2,095
    Quote Originally Posted by or_bill68 View Post
    The Moria expansion includes 2 extra character slots, the Warden and Rune-keeper classes ans Skirmish rank 15, none of which are included in the Mithril Edition.

    I just added the Mithril Edition to my account last Friday.
    and yet the game version history for my alt account shows Mines of Moria and i don't have extra slots or classes, that's really odd. Maybe the mithril editions Moria is a Moria expansion lite or something lol
    [I][URL="http://www.swgrp.co.uk/main/socks/"]Wet Socks & Two Smoking Hobits: the mad ramblings of Handee Pokits[/URL][/I]

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by or_bill68 View Post
    You get the Quest Packs for Trollshaws, Eregion, Moria and Lothlorien. You do not get the Moria Expansion.
    ty, indeed it is a quest pack and not expansion - no VIP, no Warden/RK, no r 15 skirmish
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322100000017383f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Tyrol, sadly in Italy
    Posts
    4,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Edrogar View Post
    Mines of Moria™
    Can you play the skirmishes and instances?
    Do you have access to Warden and Runekeeper?
    did you get more char slots?

    If so, then yes, you have the Moria expansion.



    edit: nvm, others wrote it already.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    2,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Neumi View Post
    Can you play the skirmishes and instances?
    Do you have access to Warden and Runekeeper?
    did you get more char slots?

    If so, then yes, you have the Moria expansion.



    edit: nvm, others wrote it already.
    Yes to skirmishes, no to warden/runekeeper and i'm pretty sure i don't have extra slots on that account, but you never know i never really looked because i always thought i only had the quest pack until i checked my game version history recently.

    Also i notice it just says Mines of Moria on that account, but on my other accounts that i bought Moria on they all say Mines of Moria standard. Maybe it's the only quest pack that shows up in version history.
    [I][URL="http://www.swgrp.co.uk/main/socks/"]Wet Socks & Two Smoking Hobits: the mad ramblings of Handee Pokits[/URL][/I]

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Tyrol, sadly in Italy
    Posts
    4,242
    Quote Originally Posted by or_bill68 View Post
    There is only one version of premium. There is no big or small premium.

    Former VIPS do have extra stuff unlocked, but the only thing different is that new characters made by former VIPs have 5 bags instead of 3.
    That may be true .. except for the wardrobe slots, character slots, gold limit, virtue and trait unlock, crafting guild unlock and a few other things.
    If we ignore all that, then yes: Premium by spending money in the shop and premium by being a former VIP are exactly the same.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    590
    I took the amount of money I would spend in a year subbing and bought TPs when they were on sale. I bought every quest pack and expansion and some if not most of the account wide things and will never pay Turbine again. I am free from the paying every month and I have access to all things vip except for swift travel(6 milestones and a lot of other free ports),PVP(which i despise anyway). The other things i don't get I really didn't need or want.

    Premium is the way to go and I still have over 2k tps left

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Neumi View Post
    That may be true .. except for the wardrobe slots, character slots, gold limit, virtue and trait unlock, crafting guild unlock and a few other things.
    If we ignore all that, then yes: Premium by spending money in the shop and premium by being a former VIP are exactly the same.
    The crafting guilds re-lock when VIP expires. You also lose 2 character slots. But the things you mention come from being VIP. Any character made after VIP expires will not have them. They will only have the extra bags and the premium limits on stuff like the gold cap.

    But that being said, it is better to go VIP at least one month.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload