We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Returning Warden

So I used to play LotRO, but got fed up with having to grind so much TP,
    buy points for new areas, etc. I've long since lost that feeling and have
    decided to return to the game. I have 2 Wardens, levels 38 and 23ish, and
    one big question.

Will I be able to just pick up where I left off with them? Or should I delete
    them and start over?

I never got high enough for any of the better skills, or even a legendary
    item.. hell, my 38 warden was still in Evendim (I know, way too high for it)
    when I stopped playing. I love the class, though, and when my wife and I
    start playing again, I fully intend to make a warden to go with her runekeeper
    or minstrel.

On a side note: we don't care about instances, just duo play and skirmishes.
    So there won't be any grouping, really.. I've read up on tanking, but my laptop
    can't really handle it.

It all depends when you stopped playing but since your not very high level you can probably pick up where you left off. And by the way my guard was still in evendim at level 40.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2221900000021bf3a/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

According to the character log, my level 34 (not 23, my bad) warden last completed
    a quest on May 16th, 2012. So about 10 months ago.

But to be honest, I might just delete them all and restart anyway.. 3 of my alts are
    < level 10 as it is, so it's not like I'm losing anything aside from maybe some gold
    I sent them.

I don't know much about wardens of old, but my guess is that you can pick up where you left off. As I understand it, the class has gone through substantial changes, but you're low level enough that relearning from scratch shouldn't be too bad. Also, most of the quest content is pretty forgiving of mistakes and death is meaningless now (they got rid of dread).

Be forewarned, however, that most of the leveling and warden guides are out of date.

That said, starting from scratch would also be a good option if you're wife is also starting a new class. They remade a lot of the areas, so there are new quests and things to look at.

If you start over the toons, you'll lose anything you've unlocked for them (virtues, deeds, vault space, etc). Whether you were a VIP or free-to-play when you created them, you'll have to spend hours grinding TP to get the same character benefits you had before.

And to be honest, being that none of your toons are over 40, there's no point in deleting them. They're all lowies and you have a lot to learn about each class as you level them up into the 65+ category. Starting over would just be a waste of your time and probably TP.

I know I'd lose everything, but really my only chars worth keeping are the 2
    wardens. We talked about it, though, and decided to just go ahead and keep
    everything the way it is.. though we might drop our current kin (it's just the
    two of us, since she loves having guilds) and join one we can actually get
    some help from.

Quote Originally Posted by scithen View Post
    I know I'd lose everything, but really my only chars worth keeping are the 2
    wardens. We talked about it, though, and decided to just go ahead and keep
    everything the way it is.. though we might drop our current kin (it's just the
    two of us, since she loves having guilds) and join one we can actually get
    some help from.
    Good plan.. you may save yourself some grinding through the lower levels.

However, after 4 years, all I can say is, dont worry about relearning your class.. That happens every few months or at least every few updates on a warden.

I dunno about all that, the relearning and such. I started mine right after a major
    overhaul apparently, so everything was new, all the guides were outdated, etc.
    Caused some serious confusion when I checked the wiki, though, lemme tell ya, lol.

Still, it's been a long time and I'm already looking forward to getting on my wardens
    again. I just hope the muscle memory kicks in and I don't have to relearn all of my
    gambits.. at least the 10-15 I actually used.

Quote Originally Posted by scithen View Post
    So I used to play LotRO, but got fed up with having to grind so much TP,
    buy points for new areas, etc. I've long since lost that feeling and have
    decided to return to the game. I have 2 Wardens, levels 38 and 23ish, and
    one big question.

Will I be able to just pick up where I left off with them? Or should I delete
    them and start over?

I never got high enough for any of the better skills, or even a legendary
    item.. hell, my 38 warden was still in Evendim (I know, way too high for it)
    when I stopped playing. I love the class, though, and when my wife and I
    start playing again, I fully intend to make a warden to go with her runekeeper
    or minstrel.

On a side note: we don't care about instances, just duo play and skirmishes.
    So there won't be any grouping, really.. I've read up on tanking, but my laptop
    can't really handle it.
    At that level, pick up where u left off. But a word of caution, as you see Wardens are not a friendly class to pick up and dust off every couple of months or if u wanna roll alts. If you can't play regularly, you might wanna roll a champ or guard to go with your wife's RK /Mini.

However, I see i just wanna duo and do skirmishes so sticking with a warden probably won't hurt you.
    Landy, Brandy, & Riddermark [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?412044-Riddermarks-cast-of-characters&highlight="]Riddermark's finest[/URL] and [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?416597-Riddermark-Satire&highlight="]Riddermark satire [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by couillon View Post
    At that level, pick up where you left off. But a word of caution, as you see Wardens are not a friendly class to pick up and dust off every couple of months or if you wanna roll alts. If you can't play regularly, you might wanna roll a champ or guard to go with your wife's RK /Mini.

However, I see you just wanna duo and do skirmishes so sticking with a warden probably won't hurt you.
    I just picked my warden back up after 10 months of inactivity, and after about 2 mins of struggling I was
    able to jump right back into aoe pulls, managing my buffs well enough, doing skirmishes, etc. Granted he
    was only level 38. But yes, we just play for the quests/story, skirmishes, etc. The other players in most
    games tend to annoy the hell out of us.

I did try both a guardian and a champion, though.. I don't like waiting for procs, as in the case of the guard,
    and champs felt too squishy to me.. though I didn't get either of them very high before finally just buying my
    warden, whom I love playing so much I might have 2-3 on the same server.