We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Flight to Lonley Mountain - Tier 2 Discussion

The other thread was derailed, and in order for the community to have a place to discuss tactics and walkthroughs for this difficult instance I created another thread.

Here is another bug that I discovered while trying to figure out some of the mechanics of this instance.

After killing these guys they did not turn into corpses and fade away, instead they stood there and were still able to be targeted. This prevented me from exiting combat and resetting my cool downs. Even after wiping and starting again these guys were still there. You can see how my character is still in combat yet the the next wave has not spawned.
    Last edited by Lumpymayo; Apr 05 2013 at 07:57 PM.

Just make a new instance. I agree though the bug is annoying in more ways than one - I was making wrong calls about killing targets because I thought 7 where alive when really there was 3 and we kill too many resulting in a pull when we were not ready...

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpymayo View Post
    The other thread was derailed, and in order for the community to have a place to discuss tactics and walkthroughs for this difficult instance I created another thread.
    Archer: 25k morale
    • Archers gain focus every time they hit someone with an attack (even partially b/p/e)
    • When focus hits 10 it changes to "Unlock" which puts an eye debuff on its target, when it expires the person gets a heartseeker. If the archer dies before the heartseeker goes off, the player gets the "Marked" debuff
    • So if the tank has high b/p/e and pledge etc, there won't be many heartseekers however as the archer has random targets and ignores taunts, it's kinda moot.
    • Every archer ranged hit is AoE, melee is single target
    • Were able to fire arrows through the ruins so LoS might not be possible for them
    Captain: 54k morale
    • The captain induction is to put a 40 second AoE HoT on (1,412 morale every 2 seconds and stacks), every 30 seconds (induction lasts 4 seconds)
    • The captain aura is nasty - every mob death it will gain +10 damage and -5% damage reduction aura (applies to all mobs within a certain range)
    • Captain does a heal puddle only when there are other mobs present and every 45 seconds, puddle lasts 1 minute
    • Captain releases other mobs from mez (no CD on it either)
    • Immune to mez, root, stun, fear
    Warrior: 54k morale
    • Warriors seem to get the enrage buff every 20 seconds to a maximum of 5 buffs (+25 damage each)
    • Every single attack from the warrior is an arc (frontal AoE)
    • Heal debuff lasts 30 seconds and is reapplied every 30 seconds
    • Mez only lasts 50% duration
    Summoner: 25k morale
    • The red puddles are from the summoners
    • Summoners stun, apply fear/wound etc, summon cats, drop red puddles
    • Red puddles last 75 seconds and are called every 30 seconds (2824 morale on me tact mitigated to 1087), doesn't seem to be based on a players morale. I tried in tank gear and OP gear and still 2824 damage.
    • Every 60 seconds a summoner will stun/apply pottable debuff
    • Summoners have very weak melee, but ranged is about 4-5 times as damaging
    • Summoners have adaptation
    Berserker: 25k morale
    • Only seems to hit with an attack called "Penetrate" and he attacks random people. Penetrate does roughly 5 times an average hit.
    • Seems to appear at random intervals during a wave
    • One spawn point is directly behind where the waves spawn. There are multiple spawn points though around the edge of the map.
    Wave permutations: (courtesy of the other thread)

Waves are randomly one of the below seven possibilities -
    • 6 Archers, 4 Warriors
    • 6 Archers, 2 Cappies, 2 Summoners
    • 2 Archers, 2 Cappies, 2 Summoners, 2 Warriors
    • 4 Cappies, 3 Warriors
    • 2 Cappies, 4 Summoners, 1 Warrior
    • 2 Archers, 4 Summoners, 2 Warriors
    • 1 Cappie, 1 Summoners, 5 Warriors
    Strategy: (that worked really well for us)
    • Positioning:
      • 1st tank goes about 20 meters from spawn
      • 2nd tank about 10 meters behind him
      • Rest of the group hang back by the river
      • The key is to have all the puddles spawn on the tank and then move the mobs out towards the group. Puddles spawning on the group is almost a wipe.
    • Have 1st tank pull all the mobs except captains
    • 2nd tank take the captains
      • these get left behind due to their initial induction
      • 5/7 waves have captains, if one of the other two waves, split the mobs as best you can
      • Keeping the captains away from the remainder of the group is extremely helpful
    • Kill summoners before the 30 second mark to avoid secondary puddles
    • Kill berserker as a priority (call it out and TA it asap)
    • Leave 3 or 4 mobs (depending on the wave) until the next 2 minute wave
      • Never leave 2 cappies for the next wave
      • If you can; leave warriors on 5k, leave an archer mez'd at 5k, leave one captain on 5k
      • Burn these mobs as soon as you hear the next horn sound
      • These left over mobs do not count towards the 75% threshold of the following wave
    • Waves will always come at 2/4/6/8 minute marks so if you go above the 75% threshold at 1:59 into the fight, you'll get back to back waves.
    • Our kill order was generally
      • Berserker
      • Summoners
      • Archers
      • Captains
      • Warriors
    Challenge really does look challenging; it will require a wave to be killed every 1 minute, not 2 minutes. Definitely possible since at the 1 minute mark of each wave we were in "lock-down" mode, but still, I'll be very impressed with groups able to pull that level of co-ordination off.
    Last edited by wasteland; Apr 06 2013 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wasteland View Post
    Challenge really does look challenging; it will require a wave to be killed every 1 minute, not 2 minutes. Definitely possible since at the 1 minute mark of each wave we were in "lock-down" mode, but still, I'll be very impressed with groups able to pull that level of co-ordination off.
    Problem is, that you didnt have 10 Mobs in every Wave.
    btw not sure of the Cats Count ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frostdecan View Post
    Problem is, that you didnt have 10 Mobs in every Wave.
    btw not sure of the Cats Count ?
    Yeah less than ten per wave, however at the end of our T2 run the red bar was 50% across. So either the cats do count or maybe it isn't 100 mobs required. Either way, we needed to double our kill rate of 1 wave every 2 minutes to max out the red bar.