We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Erebor Leader armor set

So after a few lucky pugs I managed to grab the helm and and pants of the Erebor Leader (tanking) set.

First I'd like to point out that the Defensive Strike proc (+1700ish tact mit [estimated value from memory]) does not show up on the tooltip (tooltip looks the same as w/o the armor) so it is difficult to guess what percent chance this proc can occur. I bug reported this ingame.

Now from my own tests stabbing the training dummys with my tanking spear I would wager that the proc happens ~10% of the time; not terrible but not reliable either. So basically spamming Def Strike which I do when tanking anyways I can assume that: every 3s, I have ~10% chance to raise my tact mit ~2% for 10s, tested it in my full tank set up which has 62% tact mit with out scrolls. In a raid where I was tanking, the buff put me just under the tact mit cap (~69.7%).

So I ask, why bother? such a low chance for a arguably lackluster buff that isnt dependable. Personally the only reason Ive justified keeping those two pieces is because the only other set bonuses that are useful with tanking are the Hytbold charge for more Shadow Lamnet damage/threat or the ToO tank set for a marginally more reliable power restore with Def Strike.

I noticed the same thing. Maybe I got a little unlucky with my testing but if anything the % chance may be even lower than 10%. I knew the bonus was pretty terrible on BR so I waited for a while before picking up the pieces, and only did so because as individual pieces they were better than what I had equipped in those slots before (I picked up the helm and shoulders, to replace the Hytbold shoulders and some random skirm helm).

It seems both tank sets seem to be set up like that: terrible 2-set bonus and good 4-set bonus. I guess on one hand it's a good thing, because it'll allow me to mix and match between 4 of one set and 2 random pieces from anywhere based on their stats. I do like having three set bonuses though, so it's a bit unfortunate.

I will probably be going 4 Erebor and 2 misc whenever I finish Flight T2.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

The 4 set bonus adds "Moderately increased Threat" to Pressing Attack. I haven't been testing it much yet, but so far it seems to be a ok-ish increase, but not enough for me to hold aggro against DPS from a CBR champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    The 4 set bonus adds "Moderately increased Threat" to Pressing Attack. I haven't been testing it much yet, but so far it seems to be a ok-ish increase, but not enough for me to hold aggro against DPS from a CBR champion.
    I'll take any extra threat I can get. You never know when it might mean the difference between losing aggro and keeping it. (Well, I guess you know it doesn't make a difference for CBR champs, but I think you know what I mean.)

Another questions related:

What are u guys using as combination of sets for the bonus 2-4 pieces?

Example: 2 erebor/2 healer/ 2 leader

what is the best combination, I've researched a bit and found that there is a way to have Rallying Cry and Valiant Strike Cooldown down to 0, how is this accomplished?

I can't tell if you're talking about tanking specifically or anything in general, so I'll just answer both.

Tanking is 2 Erebor Leader (helm and shoulders) and 4 Hytbold Leader.

Healing is 2 Perseverance and a mix of other gear, depending on the situation.
    If we need more single-target DPS, I'll wear 4 Command for the extra 10% incoming damage.
    If I'm traited HoH and/or healing something that actually takes a bit of thought, I'll run 4 Hytbold Healer.
    If I'm bored and wanna run around like an idiot, I use 2 Draigoch and 2 Helegrod for a 0 second RC and the -5s reduction of Valiant Strike.

If you're an absolute min-maxer, the best healing combination is to equip 4 OD and 2 Menestaid when using Valiant Strike, and then swapping to 4 Hytbold Healer and 2 Perseverance to use Rallying Cry. That will keep your Rallying Cry at 6 second CD and also generate a defeat response roughly every 6-12 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    I can't tell if you're talking about tanking specifically or anything in general, so I'll just answer both.

Healing is 2 Perseverance and a mix of other gear, depending on the situation.
    If we need more single-target DPS, I'll wear 4 Command for the extra 10% incoming damage.
    If I'm traited HoH and/or healing something that actually takes a bit of thought, I'll run 4 Hytbold Healer.
    If I'm bored and wanna run around like an idiot, I use 2 Draigoch and 2 Helegrod for a 0 second RC and the -5s reduction of Valiant Strike.

If you're an absolute min-maxer, the best healing combination is to equip 4 OD and 2 Menestaid when using Valiant Strike, and then swapping to 4 Hytbold Healer and 2 Perseverance to use Rallying Cry. That will keep your Rallying Cry at 6 second CD and also generate a defeat response roughly every 6-12 seconds.
    Heh, just wanted to say i do it all the same.
    Only my VS macro (when i want and can use it) doesnt have Menestaid as it would take more quickslot spots and lag more and i can not afford more lag with my bad laptop.

I do not have t2 deeds yet but i think running 4 Greater Erebor Leader with 2 Hytbold leader or 2 non-set tank pieces will be best for good survival and 4 Greater Erebor Leader with 2 Perseverance if you want a nice combo of good survival with reduced c/d on routing cry and rallying cry (great for main tanking 3mans and 6mans).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000775b8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    I've managed to cap both mitigations inside combat (defensive strike armour bonus + rohan ring mit proc) and keep 2 Perseverance. My critical defense is terrible and my avoidances may not be as high a 2 erebor/4hytbold leader build, but with 6s rallying cry and faster routing cry quite a few wipes have been avoided in Flight when the other tank falls. I haven't seen any ill effects from the lower morale. The true test of course would be BfE T2, but i am still to found a raid leader brave enough to allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nascephor View Post
    I've managed to cap both mitigations inside combat (defensive strike armour bonus + rohan ring mit proc) and keep 2 Perseverance. My critical defense is terrible and my avoidances may not be as high a 2 erebor/4hytbold leader build, but with 6s rallying cry and faster routing cry quite a few wipes have been avoided in Flight when the other tank falls. I haven't seen any ill effects from the lower morale. The true test of course would be BfE T2, but i am still to found a raid leader brave enough to allow it.
    Well, the convenient part about the Perseverance armour (and all Moors armour) is it's actually build better for tank armour than our actual tank armour is. Actual tank armour tends to be focused around vit, where the Moors armour is still heavy on morale but a lot of it is more raw morale. Since cappies are only vit*3 for morale contribution, as long as you're capping mits it's a lot more beneficial to look for raw morale over vit, which the Perseverance set has. (Unless I'm thinking along the wrong lines. I do know when using 6 PvP pieces in PvE though my morale is like 11.5k, and that's while wearing all might-heavy jewelry.)