We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Multiple Mobs in Recklessness

Good Morning Folks,

I know the ideal way to deal with groups of mobs is likely in Determination stance using morale leaches, however just wondering if anyone has a decent AOE damage rotation in Recklessness stance? I am re-leveling a warden since the gambit altering stance effects and while the dps rotation for single mobs remains much the same (mind you I am only lvl 40 on this go around...I have a lvl 65 warden as well....back when that was max), however I haven't been able to find a decent AOE rotation in reckless stance.

Anyways, I assume the answer is "just switch to det stance and leech away", but more a curiousity than anything else Thanks in advance for any response.

wardens don't have good AOE. However in recklessness, you can still pull whole camps if you have the main leeches (fierce resolve, EOB, resolution. Skills that provide reflects like shield mastery and wall of steel will also help.

Oh I know they don't do great AOE damage, technically speaking, however I am more interested in which gambits do folks tend to use do whittle down groups of mobs (obviously the leech line....but which other ones...if any?).

Anyways, was just curious what stance/rotation people generally use to handle multiple mobs, and if they use Reckless, do they bother trying to AOE or just switch to Det

Quote Originally Posted by kalg View Post
    Oh I know they don't do great AOE damage, technically speaking, however I am more interested in which gambits do folks tend to use do whittle down groups of mobs (obviously the leech line....but which other ones...if any?).

Anyways, was just curious what stance/rotation people generally use to handle multiple mobs, and if they use Reckless, do they bother trying to AOE or just switch to Det
    I don't have time to write too much, but generally there is no problem to stay in Recklessness when handling solo many mobs. it's simply much faster than in Determination. There is of course the borderline, when the damage is too high and I need to change stance, preferably only until I feel secure enough to change the stance again, but sometimes there is no choice than slowly killing mobs in Determination.
    As for the gambits, Resolution seems to be the best damage dealer. It's good to use it with Battle Memory. Then of course FR and EoB, but not spamming one after another. From other line gambits I like Desolation. It affects multiple targets and does a significant DoT.

I usually stack up reflect as well as morale leeches. It may not be fast, but it sure is fun.

EoB line, WoS and Shield Mastery as well as defiant challenge. Just make sure not to use shield mastery while defiant challenge is up as it overrides the DC reflect.

AoE dps in Recklessness was how I lvled my Warden all the way from Moria. Just grabbed all the mobs I needed for quest and killed them.. survivability is lot worse in red/yellow traits and recklessness stance but morale leeches still work nicely. Having some larger morale pool than usual helps a lot for that. What I usually did was using Shield Mastery in Determination, switched to Reklessness, used Shield Mastery in Reklessness 2x for better effect and maybe longer duration (not sure now), started with Wall of Steel, then EoB, Fierce Resolve and Goad, Resolution, Desolation, Resolution(from Potency), War Cry, Goad, Resolution.... Resolution always put me on 100% morale. If the fight was longer I sometimes needed to use Wall of Steel again, but I didnt reapply recklessness Shield Mastery buff as it didnt seem worthy to me.

If you enjoy this style of fight, its good to put legacies like Gambit Lifetap Damage, Resolution Damage on your LIs.

Theres one more gambit worth noting - Call to Battle. You will get that kind of late in the game but its fun to use. You can pull mobs from good range and put nice DoT (Tier 2) on them.

In School of TM I now do the exact same thing - buff up with reflects, pull all the mobs out from the last boss room, spam desolation and morale leeches. The numbers from that are... respectable. I have around 1,3-1,7K dps in that fight. When the dpsers are done with saving books theres usually not many mobs left for them. Its fun and effective, but Warden cant match Champion by any chance in this.
    Last edited by GrinsgarCZ; Apr 05 2013 at 01:25 PM.

Assuming you are asking from the point of view of a level 40 Warden...

Multiple mob handling on the Warden shouldn't handle all that differently to fewer numbers, Use War Cry and Fierce Resolve to gain morale leaches to keep you going and use Wall of Steel and Shield Mastery to reflect damage as well. After that it is just down to using the usual spear Gambit suspects, Power Attack followed by Mighty Blow for the damage bonus, Onslaught does pretty good DPS as well!

If things look hairy you always have the option to stance dance back into Determination and put a few HoTs on yourself before switching back, If you have the time, opening with a ranged Wall of Steel in Assailment gives a much better reflect damage buff..I highly recommend this!

Have fun

There's not much AoE benefit for being in Recklessness except for a few key gambits:

War Cry: Can start a second DoT on crit. Up to 10 targets, 25m range

Too high for you, but makes recklessness worth it:
    Resounding Challenge: Acts as an AoE damage in recklessness, up to 10 targets, 25m range
    Call to Battle: Acts as an AoE DoT in recklessness. Up to 10 targets, 25m range

Other than those 3 gambits, Recklessness AoE is pretty much like Determination AoE with less survivability and faster power drain.

At level 40, you only have access to War Cry and Fierce Resolve. My advice would be to set up Fierce Resolve and War Cry for the DoTs/leeches, then proc potency with Goad and put a medium bleed on 2 mobs with Mighty Blow (you'll need to be in recklessness for that), then proc potency with Defensive or Deft Strike and put a T2 DoT on 2 different mobs with Brink of Victory. Repeat until no mobs left. When you get to level 50, replace Mighty Blow with Unerring Strike.

That should be the most efficient use of all your bleeds and Dots for that level.

--Harper
    [url=http://alesandtales.com]The Lonely Mountain Band[/url]|[url=http://tinyurl.com/freestyleharp]Freestyle![/url]|[url=http://tinyurl.com/winharperella]Winner: Top Guild Leader![/url]|[url=Weatherstock.guildlaunch.com]Weatherstock V[/url]