We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs up Tokens of hytbold

Can you please add these to the store?
    And if you do do not take insanly prizes for it. Im willing to pay up to 2-3k turbine ponts to build the darn place.

I'm sick of the quests you have to do for rebuilding the town. (i didn't mind the first time i did them.. but i realy despite quests you have to do several time)
    I hope you never add something as grindy as this anymore to the game.
    I play for story and lore mainly and this type of things make me stop playing mmo's..

It's 5 quests a day. Not really a game breaker.

? You don't have to do Hytbold if you only want to play story and lore

I won 100 tokens in the lottery

This would make it possible to finish Hytbold in one day, giving a very unfair advantage over players who have to do it the regular way (44 days). There are already resets in place now.

Skipping the content completely to get the rewards straight from the store is not the way the store is meant to be used for.

/strongly disagree
    [B][U]Gilrain:[/U] [COLOR="red"]Dobric 98 guardian[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="yellow"]Dobli 30 minstrel[/COLOR] [COLOR="cyan"]Dimbli 18 dwarf champion[/COLOR] [COLOR=#8B4513]Dobriel 15 loremaster[/COLOR]| [B][U]Snowbourn:[/U] [COLOR="orange"]Dobs 100 burglar[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="yellowgreen"]Dorblin 42 runekeeper[/COLOR] [COLOR="#EE82EE"]Dabeldor 21 captain[/COLOR] [COLOR="#3366ff"]Dobegar 21 hunter[/COLOR] [COLOR="lightgreen"]Dobebrand 17 warden[/COLOR]

You can already reset the quest that lets you get the quests for tokens, for Mithril coins. Those are purchased by spending TP. So while you can't buy Hytbold tokens directly, you can do the quests as many times as you want a day for MC (and time).

Quote Originally Posted by Yulin-Gladden View Post
    You can already reset the quest that lets you get the quests for tokens, for Mithril coins. Those are purchased by spending TP. So while you can't buy Hytbold tokens directly, you can do the quests as many times as you want a day for MC (and time).
    Well, you can only really reset twice a day, since the Mithril coins don't reset the other quests you've done that day, just the wrapper quest.

Either way though, I think that's enough of a Store advantage right there. Allows people to spend money to advance but they still have to put in the effort in-game.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Well, 2 resets a day mean that one needs only 1/3 of the time to rebuild Hytbold as others do.
    That means he is done with it in about 2 weeks. I think that's something.

Quote Originally Posted by DobbelB_EU View Post
    This would make it possible to finish Hytbold in one day, giving a very unfair advantage over players who have to do it the regular way (44 days). There are already resets in place now.

Skipping the content completely to get the rewards straight from the store is not the way the store is meant to be used for.

/strongly disagree
    ^^ This.

Directly selling the tokens of Hytbold is in appropriate.

i do not think that selling hytbold tokens in the store would be consistent with how other barter-type items like marks, medallions, seals and the region-specific tokens are treated. If they wanted to sell an accelerator--that would not bother me. There are plenty of ways to improve a character through store purchases without including ones that so directly bypass content.

That being said, I almost punched the screen the first time I saw that they doubled the cost of enhancements in the kindred quests. What were they thinking? Double up as soon as you think you are in the home stretch? Way to demoralize.

Have to disagree with almost all the answers here but hey everybody have a opinion

And you are realy not skipping the content if you could buy the tokens. When you have done all the quests once you have already done them. Why on earth whould we be forced to do them again just to advance to the last part and see the town built?? (and yes i do consider the story part AFTER you done rebuilding as part of the lore and story..) and again and again until you puke of it... it's the typical thing they do in mmo's.

Thats why i almost only play single player rpg's these days.
    When you have done the story and everything you want to do you can move on.. (tbh i wouldnt mind a mmo that did just that. give me 30-50 hours of content for the prize of a single game but still online and my character could just wait on their servers until the next game/expansion came along)

..and to add to the irony.. i just won 100 tokens in the lottery but on the wrong character!! so i have a levle 80 minstrel with 100 tokens that i absolutly not are willing to drag trough that grind with, but my main cappy miss a bit over 160 to finish the town.
    Last edited by Vikingen; Apr 15 2013 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingen View Post
    Have to disagree with almost all the answers here but hey everybody have a opinion

And you are realy not skipping the content if you could buy the tokens. When you have done all the quests once you have already done them. Why on earth whould we be forced to do them again just to advance to the last part and see the town built?? (and yes i do consider the story part AFTER you done rebuilding as part of the lore and story..) and again and again until you puke of it... it's the typical thing they do in mmo's.

Thats why i almost only play single player rpg's these days.
    When you have done the story and everything you want to do you can move on.. (tbh i wouldnt mind a mmo that did just that. give me 30-50 hours of content for the prize of a single game but still online and my character could just wait on their servers until the next game/expansion came along)

..and to add to the irony.. i just won 100 tokens in the lottery but on the wrong character!! so i have a levle 80 minstrel with 100 tokens that i absolutly not are willing to drag trough that grind with, but my main cappy miss a bit over 160 to finish the town.
    To the above poster and all the others supporting pay to win I'll say this you may consider hytbold a grind but at least it has a guaranteed payoff. Many people in thus game run and re-run the same instances not only for the seals,medallions, and marks so they can get the best armor, but also in the hopes for a 1% drop of a gold or teal item. Enabling hytbold token purchases is enabling the justification of seal, medallion, mark, and gear purchases from the store.

Additionally the purpose of continuing to grind out the hytbold build is so that you can buy gear for other classes from the vendors that only appear after the town is completely rebuilt. So either we can be forced to only be able to buy those pieces from each individual character class and grind with each character that you build up to lvl 85 or you can make it a grind for one class to build the entire town. Let's not forget that you also have to hit kindred with sometimes numerous factions just to get to the point where you can unlock the npc's to turn in the quests to buy the pieces you want to equip. In my opinion keep it the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconfier View Post
    To the above poster and all the others supporting pay to win I'll say this you may consider hytbold a grind but at least it has a guaranteed payoff. Many people in thus game run and re-run the same instances not only for the seals,medallions, and marks so they can get the best armor, but also in the hopes for a 1% drop of a gold or teal item. Enabling hytbold token purchases is enabling the justification of seal, medallion, mark, and gear purchases from the store.

Additionally the purpose of continuing to grind out the hytbold build is so that you can buy gear for other classes from the vendors that only appear after the town is completely rebuilt. So either we can be forced to only be able to buy those pieces from each individual character class and grind with each character that you build up to lvl 85 or you can make it a grind for one class to build the entire town. Let's not forget that you also have to hit kindred with sometimes numerous factions just to get to the point where you can unlock the npc's to turn in the quests to buy the pieces you want to equip. In my opinion keep it the way it is.
    Pay to win? Win what? you only saves time not getting anything you didn't get if you did the whole ting the normal way.
    I'm not saying you should be able to buy your way past the whole thing, just that you should only do the quest once or two and not repeat them over and over.
    But i guess you pointed out what is the nature of the beast that is called mmo's, you have to do things over and over so they can keep you addicted and in game. I just wish some game companies did it another way soon, but i guess it won't be lotro.
    Even if i love the seting and the lore so much i guess i just have to suck up the way it is and just log in everytime there is a new book update and just skip all this extra grinding content.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingen View Post
    Pay to win? Win what? you only saves time not getting anything you didn't get if you did the whole ting the normal way.
    I'm not saying you should be able to buy your way past the whole thing, just that you should only do the quest once or two and not repeat them over and over.
    But i guess you pointed out what is the nature of the beast that is called mmo's, you have to do things over and over so they can keep you addicted and in game. I just wish some game companies did it another way soon, but i guess it won't be lotro.
    Even if i love the seting and the lore so much i guess i just have to suck up the way it is and just log in everytime there is a new book update and just skip all this extra grinding content.
    By 'pay to win' he's referring to the ability (if you were able to buy tokens) to just essentially buy all of your armour almost immediately for all of your toons, where other people who don't spend money on the Store have a requirement to spend several weeks to unlock their armour. That would be 'paying to win'.

I'm really not sure why you're confused on this. Being able to buy tokens in the Store is a very clear gameplay advantage. Just because it's not why you want to buy the tokens doesn't mean that it's not an unfair advantage for them to be sold.

They made it so boring and long to finish Hytbold to keep us busy til U9 came out and well..that got pushed back (lol) but now you can spend 5Mith Coins to reset the Hytbold Daily 5 quests a day. this resets the main quests Aiding, not the other side daillies that need to be completed so you can get Aiding quest done a total of 3x a day for 15mith coins.

If the OP has already done it once then why bother to do it again? Just for a fancy title that hardly anyone uses anyway?

You can build just the bits you need for 1 toon in a couple of weeks (less with resets), and even with multiple alts only need to complete it once for the benefits (unless you really want to be Thane).

Hytbold is just a ploy put in by Turbine to keep us all playing till the next expansion comes out, otherwise people would hit lvl cap, go off and do something else for 6+ months and possibly not come back.

I've still not completed it, and until I get a few alts to 85, probably never will. There's so many more interesting things to do in the game than a daily grind that gives pitiful rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by uvm.tp View Post
    ^^ This.

Directly selling the tokens of Hytbold is in appropriate.

Lets start at the beginning then, Its inappropriate to have a store. all items in store should drop in game!

Quote Originally Posted by commodore1 View Post
    Lets start at the beginning then, Its inappropriate to have a store. all items in store should drop in game!
    Most do. There's only a couple of items that provide an advantage in the Store that aren't provided in the game (I actually can't think of any though... stat scrolls, reputation enhancer, mounts, they all drop somewhere in the game) and a lot of the convenience items (particularly cosmetics) are in-game as well if you take some time to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapold View Post
    If the OP has already done it once then why bother to do it again? Just for a fancy title that hardly anyone uses anyway?

You can build just the bits you need for 1 toon in a couple of weeks (less with resets), and even with multiple alts only need to complete it once for the benefits (unless you really want to be Thane).

Hytbold is just a ploy put in by Turbine to keep us all playing till the next expansion comes out, otherwise people would hit lvl cap, go off and do something else for 6+ months and possibly not come back.

I've still not completed it, and until I get a few alts to 85, probably never will. There's so many more interesting things to do in the game than a daily grind that gives pitiful rewards.
    yep. i dont need the town of hytbold for anything besides getting the armor. I rebuilt only what was required to get my armor sets and then quit hytbold completely. its the dumbest grindfest ive ever seen in an MMO now, considering they removed all item drops from the crafting instances etc....hytbold is terrible content in its current implementation, imo

i would be ok with them selling more quest resets for aiding the eastemnet/sub quests, but not ok with directly selling tokens of hytbold
    Last edited by husaragi; May 08 2013 at 06:55 PM.